Thread: Axle Bearing Noise

Question Axle Bearing Noise

Have any one had a axle bearing problem? I swear i can her a low frequency noise i dont think its a tire if it is a bearing do you have a tsb number on it thanks. I think this is a really great site to share info. ajax

have you performed any modifications to the car at all? if so, then what ones?

Bone stock with 32000 miles good tires

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    have you performed any modifications to the car at all? if so, then what ones?

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX
    Bone stock with 32000 miles good tires
    Take it in for warranty repair or at least to be checked before you get to 36k. There was an axle bearing TSB.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

I was thinking that you might have installed one of those aftermarket driveshafts like I have, and many others here have. I've noticed that driveshaft making a slight noise from the minute I took the car out after completing the job, which only occurs while my foot is on the gas between 35 and 70 MPH. However, obviously that doesn't apply to you. There is some type of TSB on the axle bearings though, but I'm not aware of the TSB #, which is what you'll need when you take it to the dealer. Someone once had posted it on here awhile back though, so perhaps if you do a search, you'll find it. Otherwise, maybe someone else w/more info will jump in here.

thanks we have a good dealer.i will let him look at the squeky seat also.

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut
    Take it in for warranty repair or at least to be checked before you get to 36k. There was an axle bearing TSB.

I've heard others claim that the dealer is lost unless you give them the TSB # that has to do w/the problem at hand. So you might want to search for it.

AJAX - Have any one had a axle bearing problem? I swear i can her a low frequency noise i dont think its a tire if it is a bearing do you have a tsb number on it thanks. I think this is a really great site to share info. ajax
    Since you don't mention year ... ( may be ? ) related Blue Oval News post.

*And FordNut ( and others ) are correct ... the dealerships are aware.

The TSB# is 03-03-05. It qualifies for MMs built until 1/1/03
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita
    The TSB# is 03-03-05. It qualifies for MMs built until 1/1/03
    They took care of my '04, Dec. '03 build. They know about the situation, since it shows up in the Police pkg. in the CV's. My dealer didn't have the axle/bearing setups in stock, and it took a week to get the parts, since there was a nationwide shortage due to all the replacements. Make sure they take a good look at the traction lock assembly while they're at it. Mine was cooked from new, and making terrible noises . This is a good chance for you to order your Shiney Hiney kit from Wes, and have 'em replace the pizza pan cover when they put it back together. Also, I've posted the torque specs for the kit in the garage forum for you to print out and hand to your wrench.

thanks again guys. i called terry smith at bob wms linc merc told me all the cv tc and gm are having axle and bearing problems.has parts in stock made a apointment for two weeks and told me he would get me a loaner. There is a wealth of knoledge in this site

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    They took care of my '04, Dec. '03 build. They know about the situation, since it shows up in the Police pkg. in the CV's. My dealer didn't have the axle/bearing setups in stock, and it took a week to get the parts, since there was a nationwide shortage due to all the replacements. Make sure they take a good look at the traction lock assembly while they're at it. Mine was cooked from new, and making terrible noises . This is a good chance for you to order your Shiney Hiney kit from Wes, and have 'em replace the pizza pan cover when they put it back together. Also, I've posted the torque specs for the kit in the garage forum for you to print out and hand to your wrench.

Thread Information