Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help With P0133 & P0153

In many states, their computer now recognises when an I/M monitor is turned off, as opposed to one that is Incomplete or Not Ready.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    In many states, their computer now recognises when an I/M monitor is turned off, as opposed to one that is Incomplete or Not Ready.

so if the catalyst monitor and the evap sys mon say incomplete the car still fails?
    Last edited by VMARAUDER; 04-11-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red
    Simply called "The Red Car", Build Date 4-20-2004, #2618 of 3214, #849 of 980 in DTR, Stainless Works LT Headers with SW Full Exhaust, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutches, Dyno by Modern Muscle, Mo's Speed Shop Tune, 277 rwhp 296.43 torque, Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, K&N CAI, Alpine CDA-117 CD Receiver, PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control , Rear Spoiler, Viper Alarm, From Sparta Performance...Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, Watts Link, Stainless Steel Brake lines, Raybestos R300 S Groove Rotors with Advance Tech Ceramic Pads, Pro-Gard

It Ain't What You Got It's The Way You Use It

New DD 2014 F150 Lariat - EcoBoosted
    and 2013 Lincoln MKX
    1998 Grand Marquis GS 175K Sold at 199k
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Gave away at 251k
    RIP 2003 Garnd Marquis LS 280k miles
    RIP 1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 295k miles

Quote Originally Posted by VMARAUDER View Post

so if the catalyst monitor and the evap sys mon say incomplete the car still fails?

Correct sir.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by VMARAUDER View Post
    Depends on the state. In MA, you can have one incomplete monitor as long as it isn't the catalyst.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Depends on the state. In MA, you can have one incomplete monitor as long as it isn't the catalyst.
    What if they detect something turned off? guys with headers and EGR delete as example?
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Then it fails.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Then it fails.
    I don't feel I'm hijacking the thread, since the OP problem started with emissions testing detecting a tuning issue.
    This is devastating to the modified tuning world!
    Plugging in the OBD2 port and finding no codes isn't enough to pass, they must see all systems tuned 'on' and functioning.
    If you eliminate O2 sensors and EGR for headers and turn them off in the tune, you can no longer pass emissions.
    Guys will have to reinstall emmisions components and put the tune back to 'stock' in order to pass.
    This could be impossible in some cases.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    I don't feel I'm hijacking the thread, since the OP problem started with emissions testing detecting a tuning issue.
    This is devastating to the modified tuning world!
    Plugging in the OBD2 port and finding no codes isn't enough to pass, they must see all systems tuned 'on' and functioning.
    If you eliminate O2 sensors and EGR for headers and turn them off in the tune, you can no longer pass emissions.
    Guys will have to reinstall emmisions components and put the tune back to 'stock' in order to pass.

Hence why they are testing this way. Their just being thorough like we are at our jobs so I get it. What's funny is you will not take the gear head out of us. Instead you will be seeing a lot more older, much faster, much much more polluting older fun cars getting built at an alarming rate.

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Hence why they are testing this way. Their just being thorough like we are at our jobs so I get it. What's funny is you will not take the gear head out of us. Instead you will be seeing a lot more older, much faster, much much more polluting older fun cars getting built at an alarming rate.
    Yup, until they force us to get them tested as well.
    I'm keeping my OBD1 car now.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    Bingo. I believe Brad (PonyUP) can testify to this.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Generally how long does if take to complete a drive cycle?
    Is it time or mileage?
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red
    Simply called "The Red Car", Build Date 4-20-2004, #2618 of 3214, #849 of 980 in DTR, Stainless Works LT Headers with SW Full Exhaust, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutches, Dyno by Modern Muscle, Mo's Speed Shop Tune, 277 rwhp 296.43 torque, Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, K&N CAI, Alpine CDA-117 CD Receiver, PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control , Rear Spoiler, Viper Alarm, From Sparta Performance...Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, Watts Link, Stainless Steel Brake lines, Raybestos R300 S Groove Rotors with Advance Tech Ceramic Pads, Pro-Gard

and 2013 Lincoln MKX

Here is a link to the Ford readiness procedure

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

My MM failed emission because the battery went dead which, I assume, reset the ECM. I just drove it normally for two or three days and got it reinspected. All the readiness monitors were OK. In N.C. your only allowed one readiness monitor to be "not ready".
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 04-17-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Mine took damn near four days of misc errands. I just kept checking my scanner till I was good and ran it right on thru. Decent scanners that also check monitors are cheap and are a must have!

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Yeah...errands. I hate errands but if that's what it take then errands it will be. I have been waiting for that drive cycle to complete since Sunday. But I have been doing mostly highway driving. I have til end of July so I guess by then it will complete. If not I will be selling...not really
    VMARAUDER -
    2004 Dark Toreador Red

and 2013 Lincoln MKX

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Mine took damn near four days of misc errands. I just kept checking my scanner till I was good and ran it right on thru. Decent scanners that also check monitors are cheap and are a must have!

"Since 2004"
    Just picked up a brand new Autel AL419 off eBay for about $40.00. It is a discontinued model but it still supported by the mfg.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information