Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Starting to Plan for the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour....

Quote Originally Posted by IwantmyMMnow! View Post
    Just kinda wondering out loud, but if I'm unable to attend Carlisle, I'm interested in being a part of this. Probably just drive from Charlotte to Knoxville. I do have a few questions, though....
    Ask away....

Will driving just a N/A, slightly modded MM be 'acceptable'?
    Is just driving the first leg ok?

Absolutely! People show up in everything and anything and most people do not do the full Tour, although a lot of people do. We usually do half of teh Tour - this will be our first Long Haul - I hope!

This is the biggest car show you will ever attend. Period. You will love it.

One year I am going to buy a limo and do the Tour in that. Seriously.

Are there more specifics on departure/arrival times out yet?
    All the dates and times are all set. But the are no absoulte deadlines.

Look here:

http://www.familyevents.com/event/229

Thanks for your input.
    No problem! And come on!

Well, I started my day getting ready for my interior guy to come over and do some work on the Wagon.

I had to lay out the rubber floor mat so it could loosen up in the sun.

The I cleaned up the interior and got it ready for the interior guy's work:

The he laid in the hush mat to help quiet down the interior:

Then some jute padding was laid down:

After that the rubber mat was laid in and fitted. Then the rear seat was installed. The front seat will be kept out until we finish mounting the air conditioner and some under dash work on Monday. I must say I am really happy with the way the interior is coming out.

I almost forgot. I also got the brackets cleaned up and straightened out and got the grill installed.

Last edited by martyo; 04-12-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Well yesterday was a pretty productive day and by the time the day was done we were able to back the car in and out of teh shop.

We got the fan cicrcuits sorted out wired except for the AC turn out which we still have to wire in.

The brakes plumbing is finished and bled. So now we have plenty of braking power - discs up front and drums out back with a poweer master. We even have the brakes lights working.

We fabbed up theflanges and down pipes for the exhaust and welded them up. Now we need to just build the H pipe and weld in an 02 bung.

I also got some baby moon hubcaps and tried them out. I like them with teh steel wheels, so I think I will stay with a white steel wheel, teh baby moons, and just put some fresh tires on before the Tour.

Tomorrow night I hope to get the throttle cable in and maybe do a few other small items.

It is really coming along and I cannot wait to start putting the test miles on!

Here are some pics from yesterday:

So last night we completed the exhaust, including the H pipe/balance tube, except for the 02 bung and two hangers which won't take terribly long to complete. I must say despite the crazy "backwards" headers, the exhaust came out great! It sounds really good both inside and out of the car. This can be tricky with wagons because the long exhaust systems always seem to want to drone but I don't think we will have that problem.

We also fabbed up a throttle bracket and return spring arangement and installed the Lokar throttle cable. The pedal pressure seems about right but until I drive the car some it is a little difficulty to tell.

I can't wait until next week - we should be able to get pretty far in wrapping up the car except maybe for teh AC lines because I will be bringing the car to our local hydraulic shop that also makes up our AC lines.

I am pretty excited about taking the car for a test drive and it is getting close!!!

I need to go back and re read everything but I thought you were modding an old conversion van for the power tour?
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    I need to go back and re read everything but I thought you were modding an old conversion van for the power tour?
    Nope. I took a 351W and E4OD and processor from a Church Van for teh power plant for the Pverty Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Nope. I took a 351W and E4OD and processor from a Church Van for teh power plant for the Pverty Wagon.
    You mean Synagogue van right?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I wish but they are as rare as hens teeth here in the Baptist South!

Yes //Bless you My SON $$$ My dad had a 1966 in white just like yours with a 390 2 barrel back in the day ..
    Last edited by 71cyclone; 04-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    When it say's 'FREE CANDY' it's a rape van, sorry.
    Glad you ripped it's heart out

Where is our weekly update??
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Can't wait to see that in action this year! I've already done my rear sway bar and brakes; just waiting on paint.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    Where is our weekly update??
    It is official, the car runs and drives.

Last night we started verifying all of the sensors with a break out box and found a few things that needed some cleaning up but we worked late and made a lot of progress.

On Monday i hope that we will get the last nits and picks sorted out, although it is always hard to predict how long chasing the little electrical gremlins will take.

Meanwhile the car fires off on a half a spin and idles and runs really smooth. It is time for me to fill the tank and cruise it.

If all goes according to plan, we will have it at the alignment shop next Monday or Tuesday and then off to teh hydraulic shop to have our AC line fittings done.

I am close to having the car in shape for me to use it as a commuter like I did with last year's car so that I can stress test it.

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    Can't wait to see that in action this year! I've already done my rear sway bar and brakes; just waiting on paint.
    I just got bad news this week about my time available for the Tour. I have to come back to Atlanta to teach a course so after West Virginia I will have to head home, so now Long Haul for me this year. Boooooo!!!!!!

That's okay (well, I mean, it sucks but you know what I mean), I'm sure I'll see you somewhere between Charlotte and Charleston!
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Today was a work on the details day.

We got a bunch of wiring straightened out. We tested all circuits and got them all working (including the turn signals, the hazard lights, and the horn - we still need to get the back up lights working). Unfortunately, we found that the EEC (the processor) is not unction in properly which is probably what caused them to place the Church van in purgatory in the first place. I ordered a new EEC today and with any luck I will have to tomorrow.

I also got the front passenger door lock straightened out and the door now opens and closes as it should.

With any luck we will have the new EEC installed this week and then this weekend I will be able to get the last of the interior trim issues straightened out and start putting some test miles on the car.

Then, the plan for next week is alignment and AC lines and then charging the AC system.

I am hopeful that the car is almost wrapped up!!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information