Thread: Blackfire products

Arrow Blackfire products

When I had my Marauder's paint professionally re-conditioned a few years ago, my friend used Blackfire Wet Diamond.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/36863-marauder-black-detail.html

I was really impressed at results. The paint glowed.

Had the Marauder touched-up for an indoor car show in Jan:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/78235-pro-charged-marauder-tt-cobra-detail.html

This time the detailer used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I was very pleased with this too but the Blackfire felt more "slick" to the touch and appeared to offer more durability.

The car is still in excellent condition since Jan since it is just a weekend driver and is always garaged under a fitted car cover when not being driven.

I really want the paint to "pop" at shows and crusies so I thought a sealant and carnauba would be a great combo.

Therefore, I ended up pulling the trigger on purchasing Blackfire's Black Diamond and their Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax.

Anyone else used their products?

Once I get the products, I'll post up the results.

1. Black Sunshine (2003A F.I.T #3) (SOLD!)
    2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)
    3. The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow). (Sold)
    4. The 1998 P71 Jinbei. (Sold)
    5. 1990 5.7L IROC-Z (Sold)

Keeping a black car clean is not a hobby. It's a part-time job.

Support the troops.

I used their Black Ice last year at SSHS13

Nice stuff. If you want the Wolfgang DGPS to pop top it with Wolfgang Fuzion.
    It's all BS until you can show me the time slip!

Trilogy #36
    #2529 of 7839
    See Garage for mods.
    O bsessive
    C ar
    D etailer

SOLD

2014 Caddilac CTSV Wagon
    CAI
    DRs
    11.70 @ 119 mph
    505 RWHP at Mo's untuned.

10/16 mods
    Ported blower. LTs catless mids, flex fuel kit, pulleys, badness.
    621/626 on E49 tuned for E85
    10.65 @ 128.9 SSHS16

Bought this and like it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405731699.684699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Embassy- I used BF on the good Audi for a while, just didn't care for the "darkening" effect on that particular color. On a dark vehicle it'd be a great choice!

I'll be interested to hear whether you think the wax topper is worth it; the BF sealant is pretty "wax-like" for a sealant and I suspect that topping it with the wax will preclude adding more sealant later.

Did you get their prep stuff...?what's the name?... you know, their "Gloss Enhancing Polish" or something like that? It's not bad stuff, doesn't diminish the gloss of good finishing polishes and it does a little concealing while not messing with the sealant's bonding. It's also *great* for use on matte/satin black stuff under the hood and on the brakes and undercarriage.

IIRC, you used the Klasse twins on your Embassy Vic...you still going that route on any of your current vehicles? (I will forever kick myself for not buying that car when I was right there...)

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Embassy- I used BF on the good Audi for a while, just didn't care for the "darkening" effect on that particular color. On a dark vehicle it'd be a great choice!

I'll be interested to hear whether you think the wax topper is worth it; the BF sealant is pretty "wax-like" for a sealant and I suspect that topping it with the wax will preclude adding more sealant later.

Did you get their prep stuff...?what's the name?... you know, their "Gloss Enhancing Polish" or something like that? It's not bad stuff, doesn't diminish the gloss of good finishing polishes and it does a little concealing while not messing with the sealant's bonding. It's also *great* for use on matte/satin black stuff under the hood and on the brakes and undercarriage.

IIRC, you used the Klasse twins on your Embassy Vic...you still going that route on any of your current vehicles? (I will forever kick myself for not buying that car when I was right there...)
    I didn't get the "prep" product because the paint is already in near-perfect conditon. Plus, I'll probably have the car gone over professionally next March before the Kentucky Marauder meet.

I got the wax/topper as a package deal with the Blackfire sealant and given how impressed I was with the sealant alone (http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...arauder051.jpg), I should be pretty impressed adding even more depth/shine.

Klasse makes excellent products and I highly recommend them on DDs given their shine and near bullet-proof durability.

I haven't used the twins on the MM but I might be purchasing some for the wife's tank.

As for my old Vic, I do miss it from time to time.

2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)

Support the troops.

I have used blackfire are agree that it is a good product. Carnuba will however as you know give you a warmer deeper finish.

52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
    58 Pontiac Parisienne
    93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
    03 Mercury Marauder
    03 Lincoln Town Car
    05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
    05 F150 FX4
    15 Porsche Cayenne S

Embassy- Thanks for the reply, copy that on not needing their prep product.

Ya know, I'd probably be KSGing that P71 of yours (if not using my new fave FK1000P).

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the topper's effect.

Post up what you think about that FK1000P. I'm curious to see how it holds up, depth of shine, and ease of application.

Thanks.

2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)

Support the troops.

Embassy- I utterly *LOVE* the FK1000P, with one caveat regarding its appearance.

For durability, ease- of-cleaning, and protection against bird bombs/bugs etching when left on the paint, I find it unsurpaseed by anything short of a coating (e.g., OptiCoat 2.0). I don't even bother QDing the bird bombs off any more and I've never had any etching. OK, six or more layers of KSG can be the same way...gotta be fair here. But you don't need six layers of the FK to get that protection (I end up with maybe 3-4 at most).

I do wait a little between layers (similar to with KSG) and I generally keep it off black exterior trim (though it doesn't "white stain" like some other products as long as you wipe it off before it dries). I get a few layers on there, like one after each of a series of washes, and then I just wash without reapplying for months on end.

(Yeah, it *DOES* layer, originally designed as a mold-release product, it was specifically developed to be capable of building up a thick build-film.)

It "dies off cleanly" so you don't need to use a paint cleaner/polish when it needs refreshed after months of daily use (it lasts a whole winter no problem too).

Although it's basically a paste sealant, it doesn't seem too finicky about what it goes on top of. Not like KSG which prefers going on over KAIO or bare paint. Sorta like the BF All Finish Paint Protection in that regard.

It's pretty much replaced all my other LSPs ("Last Step Products", i.e., waxes and sealants) for all but the "only looks matter" garage-queens. I must have over a dozen waxes and sealants that just sit on the shelf now.

Now the caveat...not to go so far as calling it a downside- how it looks. It's one of those "bright sterile sealant"-looks. Not great for depth or "jetting" so it can be, uhm...an acquired taste on dark/rich colors. On black it'd probably be one of those sealants that improves with a wax topper (Finish Kare makes "Pink Wax" just for this). So on your MM...I dunno. But on lighter colors, it looks *GREAT* IMO. I even came to like it on metallic black after strangers kept coming up to me in parking lots to compliment it and ask what it was.

It doesn't have the same "plastic coating" look as KSG, and it's not quite the same bright-but-shallow/reflective as Zaino either. But it's not a carnauba-look by a long shot.

Heh heh, after my keying in all the above, I guess you can tell how much I like it!

Thanks for the thorough input.

Sounds like a great sealant for daily drivers given it's preference of protection over true depth of shine.

Every review I have read raves about its protection.

BTW: The Blackfire products arrived and schedule-pending, I'll be applying it this weekend.

2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)

Support the troops.

Embassy- See how "carnauba-like" the BF strikes you before/without the topper, I'll be interested in your opinion especially as you're using it on black.

Finally had time to apply the Wet Diamond LSP on Saturday and the Midnite Sun carnauba topper on Sunday.

With both products, a little goes a long way and despite the near 100% humidity (it rained on and off on Sunday), both products were easy to apply and remove with no streaking on the black paint.

Powder from removal was minimal with the LSP and non-existent with the topper.

At first, I could not tell a difference after applying the LSP. However, after 6 hours of curing I walked back into the garage and was impressed with what I say. The paint did look wet, deep, and sharp.

The topper was applied Sunday and I do believe it further enhanced the depth, however, I give most of the credit to the LSP perhaps because it was such a noticeable improvement.

I also applied the Wet Diamond to the wheels and exhaust tips.

I plan to add layers of the topper after each two-bucket ONR wash to further enhance the shine.

Granted my paint was in near perfect condition from having mild correction in Feb for a car show and limited, light use since then. That said, if you have properly cleaned and prepped your exterior (removing swirls, scratches, etc), I'd recommend both of these products for their shine, ease of application (I applied both by hand) and removal, and value (a little goes a long way and a bottle will last quite some time).

Pics:

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/18556/83441
    Last edited by Embassy; 07-28-2014 at 07:41 AM.

2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)

Support the troops.

Embassy- Thanks for the update with your take on the system.

With the sealant, that little bit of dusting just goes to show how little it really takes! And if it's the same as their All Finish Paint Protection (I've wondered if they merely changed the name..), it'll work OK on those nice Wilwood brake calipers too, holds up to the heat surprisingly well and makes the cleanings go easier.

Thanks. Yes, a little does go a long way.

And you are correct about the wheels. I put the LSP on the wheels just to aid in brake dust removal. Those Wilwoods dust up easily so I clean the wheels every time I get home.

Whenever I have time to get the Marauder out for a drive or cruise, I'll try to take some better pics.

2. 2004 SAP P71 (Gone)

Support the troops.

Thread Information