Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust pipe repair

Ok guys, thanks for the help and advice, as always it is much appreciated.

Car Preservation

Currently my car is stored in a garage that is not climate controlled and also has a washer and dryer in it that are used regularly.

To add to that I live in the deep south and it is very humid down here, especially this time of year. Any one have any cost effective ideas on how to protect the car from further moisture damage until I have the money to get it painted and get all new weather stripping for it, etc, etc.

It also seems like the trim on the outside of the car is getting worse in terms of light rust pitting on it just from sitting in the garage. Its never out in the rain. Any ideas or advice would be very appreciated.

Oh and kirk, I found the original light blue color headliner material that was in the car when I got it with all the little m's on it. I gave these people the trim code off the door and samples and they showed me what all the original vinyl in that car looked like new.

Its amazing how different the color looks from then to now due to aging and sun fading or darkening, etc.

The material new looks outstanding. Went ahead and ordered a pre-made headliner and it should be here in a couple weeks. Cost me 375, hope that was a fair price but pretty sure it was based on what the other two places quoted me and wanted to make it out of material they already had that wasn't that, not even close.

One guy even told me the vinyl in my car can't be found anymore anywhere because it is so old, swore to it.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ For the upholstry material. If they don't have it, it is most likely not being made. Also they can do the embossing of logos or lines in the vynil like original (extra cost of course).

Vintage upholstry is not cheap (anymore). Any good shop or person should be happy to provide samples of thier finished work if they are proud of it. If the original upholstry is there enough to get the idea of how the seats were put together, any good craftsman should be able to duplicate it. Some uphosltry guys don't like to do restorations because if they do it right, it looks like the factory. They want to express their creativity and give you a custom job. Those shops won't work if you want original.

Cheap with vintage car clubs in your area, they will know who does original type work.
    His: Blue w/Light Flint Born 02/05/03 (Wednesday)
    6674 of 7838, Color sequence 102 of 327

1 of 111 Without Heated Seats
    6 CD Changer in Trunk
    Locking Lugs
    Trunk Organizer
    Real Oil Press Guage w/MM Face
    Marauder Side Emblems
    Rear Bumper Inserts

Nephews: Blue w/Light Flint
    Born 02/05/03
    6673 of 7838, 101 of 327 Blues 1 of 111 Without Heated Seats
    Cars purchased 7 years apart, but are only 20 VIN numbers apart. Sequential units on the assembly line.

Hers: Black 300A w/Charcoal Born 06/25/02 (Tuesday)
    2011 of 7838
    Locking Lugs
    Trunk Organizer
    Real Oil Press Guage w/MM Face
    Factory Alarm
    Marauder Side Emblems
    Rear Bumper Inserts

#4 (Pound Rescue Marauder) 2003 DBP/Light Flint
    120 of 328 DBP 1 of 217 with heated seats.
    6705 of 7838 2003's
    Built Friday 02-07-2003
    Bought 09-10-2012

#5 2003 DBP/Light Flint
    136 of 327 Blues 1 of 111 W/O Heated Seats
    6741 of 7838 2003's
    Built Tuesday 02-11-2003
    Bought 05-06-14

Yeah these people I'm considering have already schooled me on original versus a cheaper after market. Original will have a date stamped on the back and is a higher quality.

That's what I'm going with but its going to cost like 60 or 65 a yard and it takes about 4 to 4 1/2 yards to do the front seat in my car. Plus they say they will add some kind of burlap under lay or something, don't really know anything about upholstery.

And yes, they are definitely not cheap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information