Thread: 2003 Marauder Project car

2003 Marauder Project car

2003 Mercury Marauder #2052.

I bought this car in 2007 from a specialty dealer in New Braunfels Texas with 72,xxx miles. Drove it till 130,xxx and the motor went. This car has been heaven and given me hell all in the same day. I dont have the money to repair the motor and have already moved on to new projects.

Has mufflers removed, JLT cold air intake, front sized Firehawk tires all the way around, in some of the pics it wears 255's on the rear, Those are gone. 4 inch tips, red reflective "Marauder" decals in the bumper.

Aftermarket solar tint, OE full size spare, its a 300A so no Traction control, no moon roof, it has map pockets on the seats, i don't have the trunk organizer.

Dog me all you want, I drove the piss out of this thing, and it has its problems.

Does not run, motor let go, i believe in the top end, block is intact.

About a year ago it got key'd while I was at work, from the front corner light to the tail light, all the way to the metal.

Its got crappy early '03 paint complete with cracking roof and trunk.

The first owner smoked in it and there are 3 maybe 4 ciggerette burns in the car.

The car did not knock or have any other problems when the motor let go. Its had the power steering pump replaced twice, and has a fresh set of axles as of 120,000. The Oasis report mentioned the Ac condenser being worked on for being noisy and for one of the door panels being poorly fastened to the door, those problems have never reoccurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwInjsy17d0

Ill be posting interior pictures soon. It has charcoal interior. I'd give it a 7.5/10

Ill be happy to take any specific pictures you want, or even show you the car in person. It's currently in storage so it may take a few days to PM you pics.

$5000 obo. If no one bites I'll just hold onto it.

#2052 of 7094

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Good project for someone who can spin wrenches, and a limited budget GLWS
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

It looks like I might buy this car today.

I have been Marauder-less since '05! I hope the deal comes together!

well,.. I guess not. The dude wanted "cash only" I didn't have the inclination to explain how bank checks work. I think he thought I was trying to screw him over. I wasn't,... In fact I was gonna give him NADA book value for it,.. Oh, well,.. wasn't meant to be. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrograde View Post
    well,.. I guess not. The dude wanted "cash only" I didn't have the inclination to explain how bank checks work. I think he thought I was trying to screw him over. I wasn't,... In fact I was gonna give him NADA book value for it,.. Oh, well,.. wasn't meant to be. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

The same thing happened to me, before I bought my SB! I found a Black 03, worked everything out with my bank, and all the guy had to do was sign the title over to the bank, and get a bank check, that he could cash right there. He thought I was trying to scam him. Said, Bring cash to me, at some police station. Anyways, the car went down in price by $2000, within 2 weeks, didn't have a clean title, and had 175,000 miles! I'm much happier with my SB, and I bought it with over 100,000 LESS miles. My point being, you'll find another one.
    Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

You want a car, you bring cash.
    Period

Thread Information