Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • given new motor issue

3 100.00%
  • pricing below book value

0 0%

Thread: 2003 Marauder for sale 7595 OBO BRAND new motor

2003 Marauder for sale 7595 OBO BRAND new motor

I have a 2003 black/charcoal grey marauder for sale 7595 OBO.

This is Black/charcoal grey. I am the 2nd owner having purchased from a dealer in 2006. It has been meticulously maintained mechanically until we had a very freak thing happen. I allowed my son to take it to college for a semester and he took it to one of those quickly oil change places and they actually forgot to put in the oil, he made it 2 miles away and then it was done, engine ceased. My mechanics say unfortunately this is not as uncommon as one would think and the place said since he drove off we couldnt prove it . So I was faced with the worst decision ever, give up my precious vehicle and salvage as junk with such low mileage and everything else meticulous (I had just put 2k of work into it as well to get it ready for the drive to west va) so decided to get it towed back to mechanics but it took literally close to a year to get a brand new motor in up and running ready to go (which now it runs amazing again). At first ford agreed to manufacture one and said it would take 6 weeks, at wk 6 they call and say they cant do it. My mechanicis searched and searched but couldnt find any ones until they found a place in Texas willing to do it so its entirely new just the block was reconstructed but otherwise entirely new motor every little thing, theyve offered to explain this entire situation to any potential buyer as well if necessary as I am not a mechanic and people seem to think it is used not new but I can assure, as they can, its brand new just like its original. Since putting it in it has gone 4k mi in the last year and a half as I dont drive it much as its a second vehicle and I wanted it to retain its value, it was replaced at 88k and currently has 92k. It has always been garage kept except while out of state for that short bit and at the mechanics getting fixed. mechancially it is perfect even had the light module recall done and there are nw tires and brakes just put in, etc Costmetically it could use a buffing and perhaps a new paint job for the enthusiast. My body shop told me they were going to buff it up for me until I told them i was going to trade it in and they said it was then not worth it as they wouldnt care about its cosmetics, apparently they dont care about it mechanically either But anyway it could use some TLS cosmetically as at this point I am afraid to pour even more money into it but my body shop told me they could have it in "showroom condition" for 1500-2000. I have price well below blue book value already so again hesitate to put more money into it but would for the right buyer if that is what they wanted. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions

It recently had new tires and new brakes is always kept up meticulously. As mentioned above there are cosmetic, surface scratches that can be buffed out, body shop said if I wanted to try to sell at a car show it should be buffed out and it could use a paint job given its now 11 years old but not to if selling and since I have decided to sell in an effort to downsize my life (selling house too) and this is my second vehicle and really just my "pleasure" car. everyone seems to want it but noone is even wlling to pay for what I at least paid for the new motor even. Dealerships only look at year and mileage and I am being told mechanically its doesnt matter nor does the new motor and its simply the year, mileage and what an auction would pay which is ridiculous to me and I wont let it go for auction, there has just been too much put into it and I want it to go to a good home

P.S. The pic was taken when my son had it at his dorm and the car is located in NJ. I could take more but leaving for vacation and wanted to get this on asap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Freedomlover12; 07-14-2014 at 08:32 AM. Reason: take out poll

well// looks good ,ask 9,300 and work down if needed-is mileage under 100.00?
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

More info on the engine would help. Did you use forged internals, what compression ratio, stock crank, etc?

Any other mods? How is the interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

Out of that novel I see:
    2nd owner since 2006
    92,000 miles
    garaged most of it's life
    engine rebuilt at 88,000 miles (any engine receipt? any installation receipt?)
    new brakes and tires
    paint needs attention to be excellent
    interior?
    transmission?
    options?
    title status?
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Pat, sell that member a period or nine, and some other punctuation too please!

We need phtotos of front, sides, wheels, trunk, back, underneath, paint scratches, motor, etc... Motor should have a warranty?

If all is in good shape I am interested.

PS concern is...
    It would have Been easy to prove the shop put no oil in if only 2 miles away when motor died...

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Newb here, just sold my CV LX Sport and looking to move up to a Marauder. Your location says Sparta NJ, is that correct?

I'm down in South Jersey but I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at your car when you are available.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JThw8 View Post
    Newb here, just sold my CV LX Sport and looking to move up to a Marauder. Your location says Sparta NJ, is that correct?

I'm down in South Jersey but I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at your car when you are available.

Thanks!

You may want to send him a PM. He hasn't responded to comments here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recent new owner of a 2004 SB
    RIP 2003 Black 300A

You could have proved your case. Receipt for oil change and a written report from a shop stating that the engine seized due to no oil. Seems like a no brainer.

Thread Information