Thread: EBC Brakes

EBC Brakes

my stock rotors were completely warped to hell. bought new rotors and installed my new EBC brake rotors, front and back. Also bought some black caliper paint to paint the calipers (duh). I didn't go with the green stuff pads. instead I bought the black ones, (I think the Ultimax). they don't make them from the rear so I had to get Ford rear pads which were too ****g expensive for my taste. anyway, I following the bedding procedures from EBC to the letter. by tuesday I'll have completed the first 200 mile part. I love these rotors. hopefully they won't come anywhere near to warping like the stock ones.
    Last edited by MM03MOK; 11-17-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Reinhart Automotive is an authorized vendor for EBC

I did the exact same thing....except I went with EBC "redstuff".....10K later and still happy with the results

Anyone try Porterfield pads?

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

The R4-S carbon/kevlar have a very nice friction coefficient giving great pedal feel and they're low dust and rotor friendly too.

Mitch

I'm going to hijack my own thread and ask if anyone out there is using the Ultimax pads and if they cause more or less brake dust than factory. also am I supposed to have a light grinding sound coming from the brakes when I slow?

If your hearing the light grinding coming for the EBC pads i think thats normal for EBC My Wifes Lincoln LS Has the EBC brake package, It has a slight grind sound every once in a while. The Brakes are very strong When compared to stock though. Seneca
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

I had EBC rotors with Greenstuff pads. The Greenstuff pads were actually starting to eat up my rotors and would make an awful grinding sound at any braking level and I did not feel safe in normal traffic braking with them after a while. Took Zack's advice about getting some Napa Ceramix pads which have less metal and more ceramic in them and they have worked great, I feel a lot safer and more confident in a panic stop. Just picked up new Napa pads for the rear since I started to hear the wear indicator last week.

I didn't think I would have any problems with the Greenstuff pads since they were for street use and not race/strip, guess maybe I got a pad set or something.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Thread Information