Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removed 2nd set of cats

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D Mechanic View Post
    interesting... I have a 3" dynomax (forgot length) on my F250 w/460 single exhaust no cat. loader than I would like at idle but very nice underway. Most likely use my 03 for a test bed first. Probably goning a sell it anyways. then I can get my 04 the way I want the first time. thanks for food for thought

Is it a super turbo style muffler? These are the most quiet and least expensive muffler you can get for an MM. Dynomax has many other louder mufflers and you'd have 2 vs 1 in your truck. Once you cut its gone however..
    2021 F150 XLT Super Crew short bed - no chrome! - 3.5 Ecoboost 400hp/500tq - 36 Gal tank (600 miles) - 4x4 FX4 Offroad + Max Tow - 3.55 Locker - 10 Speed - Pro Power 2kva - 24mpg @ 80 Ford is still the best.
    03 300A - Number 1727
    - Super Touring - 10k in the best upgrades - 13.8@99 N/A - SOLD
    - STAP was so much fun, loved meeting you all and racing.

did the same here with SLP LM 2's. Its pretty damn loud. Me and my friends describe it as a pissed off Elephant LOOOL

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Best sound my car ever made was rear cat delete and Magnaflows.

Builder Of Badassery
    ^^^^^^^ what he said^^^^^^^^

Best sound I've heard.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Im running rear cat delete with flowmaster 40s Love it period .

Sent while thinking of new mods for my 96 TC, using Tapatalk.

I think Antwain here in St. Louis (smalldogg03 or something like that is his member id) has a rear cat delete with some flowmasters. This is my favorite sounding setup so far. I had the Stainless Works mau-cat with a stock catback that also sounded good.

This Stainless Works exhaust I have now is crap and can't wait to modify it. What a complete waste of money.

Builder Of Badassery

This Stainless Works exhaust I have now is crap and can't wait to modify it. What a complete waste of money.

Builder Of Badassery
    What are you going to modify in the SW? I have the complete system in a box but also have aero turbines Waiting to install Wondering what your going to do before I did mine.

working on finding an exhausT shop to do the work. So the majority is going magnaflow 18" mufflers? Which one?
    94 Supercharged Miata
    92 5.0 Vert
    92 5.0 vert summer edition
    93 5.0 vert yellow feature car
    05 GT vert
    81 Fairmont, Vortech, 302, T-56
    03 Rubi

Quote Originally Posted by babbage View Post
    Is it a super turbo style muffler? These are the most quiet and least expensive muffler you can get for an MM. Dynomax has many other louder mufflers and you'd have 2 vs 1 in your truck. Once you cut its gone however..

turbo style but I don't remember if super turbo. I know there is a vast difference in amount of exhaust
    gas flowing thru the truck vs a pair on have the MM. difference in dia also. If my 03 turns out to load for my taste, it will most likely be more sellable around here. So many in my area have the misconception that it has to be load to be powerful. To really loosen it up remove both cats and replace with high flow cat, Oh now we got even loader funny stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by CHSurvivor View Post
    video please....and may i ask what shop charged you?

Mine is loud too ,Is what the cop told me when he said I had no muffler but I do but nailed me for $175.
    Trilogy With Comp Cams Stage 3 Sound's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIRJ1zGhSA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUWZ9f8gXw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPUl529gog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvfRjhiGT4w N/A Sound

Dyno By "Mo's Speed Shop",Dallas,Georgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqxN3FjWd6s
    445 RW/HP @ 398 Torque S/C

Jeff Doing a Traditional Burn Out At "Mo's Speed Shop"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyKuC5heAI

So Far Best Run 12.84 @106 MPH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlA-0vB0HwU

Big "Thanks" To Gerald,Derek,Bill & Harrison

"Thanks" Martyo & Jeff

#6486 of 11,052 03 300B In Black

Quote Originally Posted by tdotcv View Post
    What are you going to modify in the SW? I have the complete system in a box but also have aero turbines Waiting to install Wondering what your going to do before I did mine.

Fully weld all the pieces as the clamps are garbage, replace the horrible mufflers, add V band clamps at the header collectors and the front of the mufflers for disassembly, and fab up an H pipe if Magnaflows don't silence the raspiness (they took care of the last raspy X pipe I had) I do my own work so no biggie.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Are welds always better than clamps? What's the benefit? How much more would a shop charge me for welding vs clamps? Want to see if it's worth doing.

Fully weld all the pieces as the clamps are garbage, replace the horrible mufflers, add V band clamps at the header collectors and the front of the mufflers for disassembly, and fab up an H pipe if Magnaflows don't silence the raspiness (they took care of the last raspy X pipe I had) I do my own work so no biggie.

Builder Of Badassery

Agree, stock mufflers with no rear cats is the way to go. Love mine. Has a nice non-annoying rumble at 70mph.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by champ1173 View Post
    I love the sound even more, while I'm watching someone drive away in it. You get a better idea of what everyone else hears, and it's Awesome!
    Gee,if it makes you that happy I'd be glad to fly out and drive it away.Just put the signed title in the console and have it ready for me.
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

"Come See a Fat Old Man Sometime"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlB7bz0TrZM

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D Mechanic View Post
    I have thought of removing mine to reduce backpressure. I don't want mine to be louder though. decisions decisions I love power but hate noise ! most likely too much time on boats with Detroit diesels. anyways ????
    by this, you might not want to bother. It WILL be louder, but 'reduced back pressure' from them being gone will yield little, if any, gain of power.
    Leave your exhaust quiet as you prefer, and gain power another way..my .02
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I did magnaflow resonator delete tips and ditched the rear convertors on BOTH my DTR's and they sound great and run well with a proper tune.BTW,a few months ago I got pulled over for a burnt out license plate light and ALL the cops (3 cars,they don't screw around out here) were driving P71's,they all agreed my MM sounded great,young AND old cops all.
    Both cars are mildly louder but have a pleasant tone and are not annoyingly loud.
    Last edited by UncleLar; 02-28-2016 at 04:15 AM.
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

"Come See a Fat Old Man Sometime"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlB7bz0TrZM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information