Thread: Alternative Auto chip question

Alternative Auto chip question

Has anyone installed this chip in their car? I want to make some changes to mine, and this seems like the least obtrusive for the desired result. I talked to the dealer about it messing up my warrenty, and he said to just keep the old chip, and if there is a problem, put it back in.

I would just like to hear from anyone with personal experience with this modification.

Oh yeah, will also be changing the filter to K&N.

Thanks
    2004 DTR MM, 4212 mi. my new baby

1971 Ranchero Silver, 302, 154,000 mi. My summer cruiser.

1989 Lincoln TC Lt. Crystal Blue 98,000 mi. My work car.

2000 Windstar Black. 64,000mi. My wifes car.

Guess you could say I'm a FORD man

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)
    Quote Originally Posted by spub
    Has anyone installed this chip in their car? I want to make some changes to mine, and this seems like the least obtrusive for the desired result. I talked to the dealer about it messing up my warrenty, and he said to just keep the old chip, and if there is a problem, put it back in.
    Let me put this kindly- your dealer is confused- I hope he's not in the service department.

Anyway-There is no chip in your car now. Think of it as a computer with some baseline programming. Lidio's chip plugs into the diagnostic port and makes the computer think it needs to do what the chip says. If you had a problem with the chip. Disconnect the battery- pull the chip- reconnect the battery and your computer will default to its original program.

The K&N filter is a source of great debate. I like them- some folks don't and having oil on the MAF issues.

spub....

You are likely to find that your 04 doesn't have an open port for the chip and you will have to go with a Custom Tuner.....The SCT 9100 will do what you want and Lidio can fix you up with that as well!!

I have the SCT 9100 and can put the car back to "Stock" in 5 minutes.....You will like it....Guaranteed!!!

Good Luck!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)
    OOPS!- I missed that it was an '04- Thanks Jack!!!!

Question:
    Can the the SCT 9100 be used with BOTH 2003 and 2004 cars? I need an UNobtrucive way to get good programming AND be able to put the car back to "Stock" in 5 minutes!!

Thanks,
    GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Quote Originally Posted by GordonB
    Can the the SCT 9100 be used with BOTH 2003 and 2004 cars?
    Yes, but remember you can only use it on one car at a time...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Also depends on the EEC code.....My 04 is MAV2. The 03's were different and the tuner program is set up for each specific code!!

Marauderjack
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 08-12-2004 at 02:13 PM.
    No Marauder

I have Lidio's super chip in my 04. You need to open up the port by snipping a couple holders on the back of ECU. I can return the car to stock by simply pulling the chip out. The dealer will know though because there is now a open hole in the ECU. I was going to get the tuner, but Lidio recommended the chip. I am very pleased with the results.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

buckyboy Guest
    i just recently purchased the sct 9100, its very easy to do and it will make your car shift alot better, worth the $$..no question.

Contact Dennis Reinhardt , get yourself the SCT 9100 Max Micro Tuner , plug it in your port and reprogram your EEC (it will save your stock program) , drive your car and enjoy ...
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Money, my Religion, my Guns & you can keep the " Change ".

Rocky River ehh...

Welcome fellow Buckeye...the fun is about to begin!!!

Lidio has done some great work for me, and I can in-personally share and answer any questions you may have.

I'm in Broadview Hts, but unfortunately on the road for a few weeks.
    We (some Buckeye Members) have Norwalk raceway privately rented for a day when I get back, maybe we can hook up.

I will send you a PM with my cell phone number, so check your messages on this site, upper right corner on the home page.

More Buckeyes gooooood!
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    Rocky River ehh...

Welcome fellow Buckeye...the fun is about to begin!!!

Lidio has done some great work for me, and I can in-personally share and answer any questions you may have.

I'm in Broadview Hts, but unfortunately on the road for a few weeks.
    We (some Buckeye Members) have Norwalk raceway privately rented for a day when I get back, maybe we can hook up.

I will send you a PM with my cell phone number, so check your messages on this site, upper right corner on the home page.

More Buckeyes gooooood!
    Thank you ALL so very much for your kind and informative responces.

CRUZTAKER, I'll be calling this weekend. Great to have someone local to talk to.
    2004 DTR MM, 4212 mi. my new baby

1971 Ranchero Silver, 302, 154,000 mi. My summer cruiser.

1989 Lincoln TC Lt. Crystal Blue 98,000 mi. My work car.

2000 Windstar Black. 64,000mi. My wifes car.

Guess you could say I'm a FORD man

Thread Information