Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Stainless Works Home Install

Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    Self done with the help of a friend including the headers,no hoist.but don't have the same enthusiasm now but would with a hoist for sure ,so if I pay a good dollar for a exhaust system it had better fit with no modifications required,and from the grumbling I read here on fitment issues I don't think I would consider their exhaust system but still will at some point get a set of headers from them.
    I hope they have been informed of these issues and and are working towards a fix for the issues.
    Their headers fit like a glove.

Every single car is a "little" different. When you add all of thise little differences up, it is pretty much impossible to get everytyhing to fit perfectly as a mail order kit.

Personally, our shop likes their products and compared to what is out there the products are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Their headers fit like a glove.

Every single car is a "little" different. When you add all of thise little differences up, it is pretty much impossible to get everytyhing to fit perfectly as a mail order kit.

Personally, our shop likes their products and compared to what is out there the products are top notch.
    Thanks for your respected input Marty,did I read somewhere that they have options on mufflers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    Thanks for your respected input Marty,did I read somewhere that they have options on mufflers ?
    Tony, I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Thanks Roger, ^^^ my point exactly. Ask anyone that knows either of us and they will tell you our patience level is off the charts high. We will take the time, buy the tool, do our own research, and don't accept can't, don't, or won't. Hell, that's what motivates us!

Bottom line, not impressed for something that should be fine tuned after so long. I saved a long time for this and I'm happy with the end results, but I would not hesitate to give others a heads up. Let me also reiterate that this applies to the cat back only as the headers were a piece of cake and of great quality.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    So, reviving a bit of a dead thread, I ran into a few of the same issues with their 98-02 catback on my grand marquis. I did manage to get most of it adjusted in the end, and I get SW is a vendor here, so I don't want to sound like I'm bashing them, but my experience was quite different than what I'd expected from various forum posts.

My tip hangars were too short, so they wound up hugging up against the bumper cover. The other part of the tip hangar had to be cut so it didn't hit up against the frame. Also, my drivers side over axle pipe was definitely a tight fit around the watts link. It was hitting the watts link/gas tank originally, I disassembled the catback, reassembled, and wound up with about half an inch of clearance.

Overall, the quality of the kit was pretty good, but there are a number of little tolerance issues that could've been sorted out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information