Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Boxing in rear control arms

I thought I had more pictures. Guess not. I bought a replacement watts link off eBay and welded them to the oems. The aftermarket ones where actually thicker. I trimmed (cut off wheel) both sets flush so they would butt together and pressed the new rubber bushings back in place
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 mgm (rauder wannabe)
    Jmod, 2900 stall 10inch. Pi shaft and housing with lube mod. 3.73 carbon posi. 70mm tb ported knives edged plate and modded shaft, plenum p and p. Boc tune. And the mods don't stop.

Sure wish there were some quality aftermarket parts available to address this.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

I'll try and get up under the car this weekend and rake some pictures
    04 mgm (rauder wannabe)
    Jmod, 2900 stall 10inch. Pi shaft and housing with lube mod. 3.73 carbon posi. 70mm tb ported knives edged plate and modded shaft, plenum p and p. Boc tune. And the mods don't stop.

I put my lowers on. Now I am doing something different for the uppers. I all so ordered the watts link. I did feel some improvement with just the lowers.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

I made several sets of boxed uppers and lowers and also boxed the Watts Links for both Panthers I still drive.

The uppers boxed are a little stoggy and ten years ago the Town Car limo billit uppers were cheap to buy new.
    once I realized a better part was available for near the same money, I only boxed the Watts Links and the lowers.
    I was not retired then, so I did not want to spend more time and near the same money for stock uppers.
    At the time I was making them, members were donating their takeoffs or selling them for cheap.
    I have some new stock uppers but they have a green keep ring on the bushings.
    If you are interested in them I can get pics.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

I am, thanks.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Smile

Here is the completed lower. I have installed them and can feel some change. I have the uppers in work.

Upper Control Arms

Here is my new made upper control arms. I know they may look like Zack and Mack's but they are not. I designed them and made them my self. I all so am not making any to sale.
    Last edited by Bob Mathis; 03-25-2015 at 06:38 PM.

nice work, you must feel a noticable better rear 'sway' in the ride now.
    some argue, spend 400 bucks, but you get the satisfaction of building your own.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I spend $200. But got more than I needed. Will be selling new set of lowers. So I will have less in them. And yes it was great to make them myself.

any pictures yet

Yes they are on this thread and one I put out about the Watts link.

Great work Bob!!

I'm sure that Miller Lite helps steady you hands for welding......it did mine!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by SICAIROSINALOA View Post
    any pictures yet
    Post #53........
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by SICAIROSINALOA View Post
    any pictures yet
    Post #26........
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information