Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Marauder interior into a Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    2003 called. Gramma wants hers back too. You act like you got some super rare edition car when it fact it's just another mass produced car that didn't sell when it was new and will never be a collectible. They made 11000 of them. lol So get off your high horses. At the end of the day you still drive a Panther platform car. You can try to act like your car has nothing in common with a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis but at the end of the day it's a same car. It shares most of the components with them. So you can sit there and boil in anger while Crown Vic and Grand Marquis owners buy up your precious parts and install them on their cars.
    ^^^^^

If I remeber correctly Steve Babcock said last year at MVXI that the marauder was one of the most profitable cars for Ford, it was discontinued for upper management reasons ( Elana Ford), not because it didn't sell.........

Quote Originally Posted by jwibbity View Post
    ^^^^^

If I remeber correctly Steve Babcock said last year at MVXI that the marauder was one of the most profitable cars for Ford, it was discontinued for upper management reasons ( Elana Ford), not because it didn't sell.........
    If sales were so great why did it only sell 11000? In contrast the Grand Marquis sold almost 180000 during the same time frame. I won't even mention the Crown Vic. For being the most profitable car it didn't sell nearly enough cars to be profitable. 7800 cars sold in 2003 and 3200 in 2004 are piss poor sales figures.

Hey guize check out this awesome Grand Marquis my friend has. Genuine Marauder bumper cover looks awesome.

Andy Knox is a loser.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2m1lsrqBKw
    Perhaps not the best choice to bolster your argument.
    Last edited by massacre; 09-17-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Ex Panther Owner

If sales were so great why did it only sell 11000? In contrast the Grand Marquis sold almost 180000 during the same time frame. I won't even mention the Crown Vic. For being the most profitable car it didn't sell nearly enough cars to be profitable. 7800 cars sold in 2003 and 3200 in 2004 are piss poor sales figures.
    what part of upper management did you not read, how could the MM not be profitable, using the same frame and alot of parts they already had available from the panther platform( with the obvious changes) and pricing it in the mid 30's sticker price....

Actually I'm getting out of this thread right now before I say stuff that really should be said by someone, but apparently that someone is not me.
    If you know what I mean lmao.

Good night guys, have fun storming the castle!
    Ex Panther Owner

2003 called. Gramma wants hers back too. You act like you got some super rare edition car when it fact it's just another mass produced car that didn't sell when it was new and will never be a collectible. They made 11000 of them. lol So get off your high horses. At the end of the day you still drive a Panther platform car. You can try to act like your car has nothing in common with a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis but at the end of the day it's a same car. It shares most of the components with them. So you can sit there and boil in anger while Crown Vic and Grand Marquis owners buy up your precious parts and install them on their cars.
    Almost every time I drive my car I get compliments on it. And I won 1st place at the local car show for 1990 to present modified class amongst stiff competition. See proof below.

You, however, still own an ugly old granny car no matter what you do to it. Enjoy!

what part of upper management did you not read, how could the MM not be profitable, using the same frame and alot of parts they already had available from the panther platform( with the obvious changes) and pricing it in the mid 30's sticker price....
    I fail to see how upper management caused the car to only sell 7200 cars in first year.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Almost every time I drive my car I get compliments on it. And I won 1st place at the local car show for 1990 to present modified class amongst stiff competition. See proof below.

You, however, still own an ugly old granny car no matter what you do to it. Enjoy!
    Whatever makes you feel better knowing that you spent 40 grand on a Grand Marquis with shiny wheels that is now worth literally tens of dollars.

I fail to see how upper management caused the car to only sell 7200 cars in first year.
    why does the number sold per year even matter? they ALL SOLD!!

just like the 03-04 cobra they only made ~19K of those, and that being one of the most sought after mustangs still to date.. so your point about production numbers is invalid

why does the number sold per year even matter? they ALL SOLD!!

just like the 03-04 cobra they only made ~19K of those, and that being one of the most sought after mustangs still to date.. so your point about production numbers is invalid
    Yes, but 03-04 Cobra is actually an awesome car.

I am done with this ****. This thread should've ended at post #6.

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...50&postcount=6

Yes, but 03-04 Cobra is actually an awesome car.
    and now that your point has been rendered useless, the stupidity shows it's face.

please go back over to CVN, your presence and awful looking car are unwanted.........

Whatever makes you feel better knowing that you spent 40 grand on a Grand Marquis with shiny wheels that is now worth literally tens of dollars.
    Look up a Marauder and a GM of the same year and educate yourself on the value difference.

My car is priceless because it is one that people lust after and stare at appreciatively.

Your car people laugh at.

and now that your point has been rendered useless, the stupidity shows it's face.

please go back over to CVN, your presence and awful looking car are unwanted.........
    I've been here since 2004, long before you ever showed up. So why don't you take your troll buddies and gtfo of this thread which was actually constructive at one point.

This thread turned into a big steamy pile of ****.... Whether you agree or disagree with marauder parts on non-marauders, there nothing anyone can do about it unless they're in the right place at the right time and have the cash to buy all the parts...... It's absolutely ridiculous to argue over it. I can't believe I spent the time to read this entire thread.

I think everyone that argued here needs to grow up.

As for the seats fitting, as long as it's an 03+ panther, seats should physically bolt-in. As for the electrical connections, I'll depends on the options of the Marauder they came out of and that Vic it's going into.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Such animosity in this thread
    Agreed, and we're done.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition