Thread: Temporary spare complete wheel

Post Temporary spare complete wheel

I'm looking for the unfamous "temporary spare tire" the one it have my Crownvic blow up the tire and that tire does not appear separate I need one because putting a full size one is too heavy. thanks for the time to read.
    GOLD P74 INTERCEPTOR, A NEW PANTHER IN TOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker View Post
    I'm looking for the unfamous "temporary spare tire" the one it have my Crownvic blow up the tire and that tire does not appear separate I need one because putting a full size one is too heavy. thanks for the time to read.
    Temporary spares can not be repaired because they are temporary. Try a recycle yard or just get a regular rim and tire.

Rule of thumb for using temporary spares: Not more than 50 miles, not more than 50MPH.

"Temporary/Compact Spare tires have been developed to help drivers regain mobility in the event a puncture, cut, road hazard or blowout causes a flat tire. Compared to full-sized spare tires, they are designed to save weight and trunk space. Since they are not designed for long-term use, they typically feature a smaller physical size, narrower tread and reduced tread depth compared to the tires normally used on the vehicle.

The smaller physical size requires Temporary/Compact Spare tires to be maintained with 60 psi cold tire inflation pressures and restricted to driving speeds of no more than 50 mph (80 km/h).

Temporary/Compact Spare tires should be removed from service as soon as possible by repairing or replacing the original tire that went flat. This will minimize compromises in handling and the risk of premature driveline wear.

Drivers should maneuver more cautiously when their vehicle is equipped with a Temporary/Compact Spare tire and three standard tires. Any differences in tire traction can reduce vehicle handling and increase braking distances, especially in emergency situations.

If a Temporary/Compact Spare tire is used in a driven-wheel position, any differences in tire revolutions per mile require the vehicle's driveline to compensate continuously, increasing heat, wear and the possibility of failure. This is especially true for four-wheel and all-wheel drive vehicles, as well as any vehicle equipped with a limited-slip differential.

For example, the tires fitted as Original Equipment on 2013 Honda Accord sedans roll about 800 times every mile, while the Accord's shorter diameter Temporary/Compact Spare tire rolls about 850 times per mile (a difference of 50 tire revolutions per mile or about a 6% increase). Driving at higher than recommended speeds or for prolonged periods of time can result in excessive heat leading to driveline noise, wear or failure.

For this reason, many vehicle manufacturers recommend using Temporary/Compact Spare tires only in non-driven-wheel positions.

Check your vehicle owner's manual for recommendations and restrictions.

The Temporary/Compact Spare tire and wheel that comes with a vehicle is designed to fit that vehicle only. Never attempt to use a temporary spare and wheel on another vehicle unless it is the exact make and model."
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thank yoy for all that information but I'm looking to buy one of those wheels due at this time I don't spare tire and I don't want a regular spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GOLD P74 INTERCEPTOR, A NEW PANTHER IN TOWN.

Thread Information