Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drive shafts

Drive shafts

Looking to install an aluminum drive shaft on my 03 Mercury Marauder anyone know where I can find one. Trying to get 300hp to the wheels

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    I have 761 to the wheels! on an OEM drive shaft , this is the most overrated mod there is , that cash will benefit you much more elsewhere! and look under your Marauder and you will find an aluminum drive shaft they came from the factory with them.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    I have 761 to the wheels! on an OEM drive shaft , this is the most overrated mod there is , that cash will benefit you much more elsewhere!
    And now, I'm throwing that future mod idea in the trash.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cer0413 View Post
    And now, I'm throwing that future mod idea in the trash.
    Excellent! that cash can be spent where you actually get a bang for your buck!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent! that cash can be spent where you actually get a bang for your buck!
    I'll use some of that cash to buy the DTR a paint job and you a drank. (Lean)

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

LOL!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Catch me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P71 driveshaft the same as a Marauder's?

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

I have 761 to the wheels! on an OEM drive shaft , this is the most overrated mod there is , that cash will benefit you much more elsewhere! and look under your Marauder and you will find an aluminum drive shaft they came from the factory with them.

100% truth. I would have never upgraded if I would have stayed automatic. I was only 460 to the wheels but that was torture tested for 45,000 miles without a single problem.

Take the saved money, buy a nitrous set up and enter the 400 RWHP+ club.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    100% truth. I would have never upgraded if I would have stayed automatic. I was only 460 to the wheels but that was torture tested for 45,000 miles without a single problem.

Take the saved money, buy a nitrous set up and enter the 400 RWHP+ club.

Builder Of Badassery
    Can I be in your club?

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Can I be in your club?

Not sure. I believe you need a certain level of OCD, patience, lack of sleep, and a wife that talks you into all the things you both know you can't afford!

I say go for it!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Not sure. I believe you need a certain level of OCD, patience, lack of sleep, and a wife that talks you into all the things you both know you can't afford!

I say go for it!

Builder Of Badassery
    OCD check, patience check, lack of sleep, working on that, no wife yet, but I do have a GF who helps with the things I can't afford, like a dyno tune or s/c install lol.

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

OCD check, patience check, lack of sleep, working on that, no wife yet, but I do have a GF who helps with the things I can't afford, like a dyno tune or s/c install lol.

Cool. So when are you going with the D-1SC?

See, I can help you make unwise financial. Decisions! Tell ya what, your GF and I will go out for some heavy drinks, catch a cab to a quiet place where we can ummm think??? heavily. This should help our creative juices to help you out my man. I mean, budgeting and setting a build path takes a LOT of exercise!!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Drive shafts

Back to topic.

OP, if you got the extra coin laying around and feel the need then upgrades are fun so go for it. But if that isn't the case then take a look at the history on some of these brilliant builds around here and the fact they are still using the stock shaft (which in itself is a great shaft). Don't get too caught up in some bragging about theirs and why you NEED it. It's easy to say that to justify your expenditure.. I know because I sell myself on crap I don't really need ALL THE TIME, but I never publicly sell it because I know better.

Nothing like shiny new upgraded parts however!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cool. So when are you going with the D-1SC?

See, I can help you make unwise financial. Decisions! Tell ya what, your GF and I will go out for some heavy drinks, catch a cab to a quiet place where we can ummm think??? heavily. This should help our creative juices to help you out my man. I mean, budgeting and setting a build path takes a LOT of exercise!!

Builder Of Badassery
    Lolololololol......

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

The OP may have heard of the vibration wobble that can occur at higher speeds, hence the ?.

Has anyone taken their OEM drive shaft to a shop to have it balanced more precisely to eliminate the wobble?

Is or would the cost of going this route be prohibitive vs. just replacing with a P-71?

To whomever asked, the MM did not come with a P-71 drive shaft. It was supposed to, but penny-pinchers at Mercury......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information