Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valet Lighting Kit

Valet Lighting Kit

I'll be offering a valet lighting kit.

Waiting for the first parts to arrive. Then if anyone wants to be the guinea pig for a test install, labor will be free, just pay for the supplies. Just need to show up at my house..... hint hint.. Carolina Marauder guys......
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

nice jim if i was closer then almost 4hrs away it would of been a done deal. so is this a door handle light mirror or bottom door? more info please
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    nice jim if i was closer then almost 4hrs away it would of been a done deal. so is this a door handle light mirror or bottom door? more info please
    These will be mounted on the frame under each door and connected to the interior lights so when you hit the unlock button on the remote you'll have 4 pools of light, one under each door.

I can also do the LED light strips under the door panels, but my goal is to all my kits be easily installable with common hand tools and a minimum amount of work.

To install the LED strips in the door panels would entail removing the door panels, drilling 15 evenly spaced holes, securing the strips, running wires from the LEDs through the door into the wiring harness, etc... in my opinion too much work for the average person.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 07-20-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Dang. Now that would be quite the cruise..

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

yea im good with the frame mount. is there a way you can get a led kit for the exterior door handle in white
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

yea im good with the frame mount. is there a way you can get a led kit for the exterior door handle in white
    Yes I can.... again this is what I consider more than what an average person can install.

I've installed these on my MM.

1. Remove the door panels (yes all 4)
    2. Remove the rivets that secure the door handles
    3. Install the LED strips
    4. Route the wires so they don't get pinched or severed
    5. Continue routing the wires through the wiring harness to tie into the interior lights (easier on the front door, much harder on the rear doors)
    6. Use stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers to reinstall the door handles
    7. Reinstall door panels

That is an all day job.

If you want to do it I can get you the LED strips.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

ok maybe not or not right now
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

ok maybe not or not right now
    It's a big job.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

I'm looking for a way to install lights/LEDS in the bottom of our side view mirrors....like the Explorers had.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    I'm looking for a way to install lights/LEDS in the bottom of our side view mirrors....like the Explorers had.
    You can get stick-on LED strips. But that won't look factory and I'm not a fan of doing anything that doesn't look factory.

The other thing I want lights under all four doors. Rear view mirror lights will only light up the front area.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Jim,

If you don't have any other takers lined up, I'll volunteer for all four.

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    Jim,

Sounds good. Will let you know when the kit is ready.

Of course if I install it for you there is no labor charge, just pay for the kit.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    Jim,

And a video after your done please
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I'll be offering a valet lighting kit.

Waiting for the first parts to arrive. Then if anyone wants to be the guinea pig for a test install, labor will be free, just pay for the supplies. Just need to show up at my house..... hint hint.. Carolina Marauder guys......
    Well, "The Carolinas" is quite a haul from Oswego, IL (Chicago area) but I'm certainly down for the Valet Lighting kit, when and if it's available... sounds like a Xerox of the discontinued Ford Accessory kit...

So, how much, shipped to 60543/60538 area? Self-installation is not a problem for me...
    Regards,
    Gene

2004 Grandma Marquis LS HPP ( With "MZT" and "SCT ": "The Undercover Marauder")

2004 Ford Ranger Duratec Flareside

1984 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by PonyGuy View Post
    Well, "The Carolinas" is quite a haul from Oswego, IL (Chicago area) but I'm certainly down for the Valet Lighting kit, when and if it's available... sounds like a Xerox of the discontinued Ford Accessory kit...

So, how much, shipped to 60543/60538 area? Self-installation is not a problem for me...
    It won't be a copy of the Ford kit.

Ford kit used incandescent bulbs. My kit will have LEDs.

Ford kit provides light to the front doors only. My kit will provide light to all four doors.

Will keep this thread updated.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information