Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunroof

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I don't think this ^^^^ is true at all. The Marauder was overpriced in 2003 at $35K after being "previewed" in the magazines with a target price near $30K. According to Steve Babcock at MV III, Elena Ford artificially jacked up the price to $35K for no reason other than profit. FORD was making $10,000 on the sale of every MM at the MSRP sticker. This may also be why I was able to snag mine for $27.5K.

As much as I love my Marauder, it really does not have much in the way of amenities or "bells & whistles". I notice this fact every time I transition from the Taurus SHO to the Marauder. For $50K today, I would expect a whole heck of a lot more.

By way of comparison, my '12 SHO was MSRP stickered at closer to $44K. I paid $37K and the differences are quite evident ....

73 more HP
    32 more TQ
    Moonroof
    Heated AND Cooled Seats
    Bluetooth/SYNC
    Rear Back-Up Camera
    Collision Avoidance warning system
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Power & USB ports
    50% more trunk space
    Dual Climate control
    Adjustable Ambient Lighting

.... I know there is more; but I can't remember everything.

For the record, I rarely use the moonroof at all. If I do, it is usually in the popped/vent mode and NEVER fully opened. If it was gone, I wouldn't really miss it.
    Notice i said "Comparable car Today" The Marauder is over 10 years old! so it would be a bit more advanced in todays car market , look at current 4dr RWD cars and see what 35K gets you other than the cheapest Shatt on the lot!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Sunroof

The only dealer that had Marauders in stock by me had five blacks, all with moonroofs, and a sticker of $38,500! They wouldn't budge on price and when I went back a couple weeks later to drool some more, all were gone.

There is little to no bargaining in the Chicago area. In fact, anything special is usually marked up $10,000 or more! (Harley trucks, and GT500's when they debuted come to mind)

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_S55 View Post
    As nice as it is to have, it's also a huge pain. They can leak, lose their allignment, and like what happened to me, the module can die. That's why I like what Ford did with the glass roof option on the Mustangs. You still get to have the light come in, but you don't have to worry about leaks!!
    On the positive side, a leaking moonroof on my '94 Thunderbird was one of the reasons why I was able to get the Marauder. The T-Bird moonroof started to leak when the car was about 8 years old. The rubber seal had dried out and shrunk to open up a 1/8 inch gap in the seal. During heavy rains, water would drip down onto the passenger seat. This was NOT a problem for me; but the wife saw it as a major problem since it was over her head. I plugged the gap with silicone caulking a couple times. I even used chewing gum in an emergency.

After one particularly wet day when she got dumped on, the wife said "When are you gonna get a new car ??" and "Why don't you go look at those Marauder cars that you and your son have been talking about "?? Finally, she said "It's about time that you get a car that you REALLY WANT". It was blank check day and I came home that afternoon with the Bluerauder.

So, leaking moonroofs can actually be a GOOD thing.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I don't think this ^^^^ is true at all. The Marauder was overpriced in 2003 at $35K after being "previewed" in the magazines with a target price near $30K. According to Steve Babcock at MV III, Elena Ford artificially jacked up the price to $35K for no reason other than profit. FORD was making $10,000 on the sale of every MM at the MSRP sticker. This may also be why I was able to snag mine for $27.5K.

As much as I love my Marauder, it really does not have much in the way of amenities or "bells & whistles". I notice this fact every time I transition from the Taurus SHO to the Marauder. For $50K today, I would expect a whole heck of a lot more.

By way of comparison, my '12 SHO was MSRP stickered at closer to $44K. I paid $37K and the differences are quite evident ....

73 more HP
    32 more TQ
    Moonroof
    Heated AND Cooled Seats
    Bluetooth/SYNC
    Rear Back-Up Camera
    Collision Avoidance warning system
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Power & USB ports
    50% more trunk space
    Dual Climate control
    Adjustable Ambient Lighting

.... I know there is more; but I can't remember everything.

For the record, I rarely use the moonroof at all. If I do, it is usually in the popped/vent mode and NEVER fully opened. If it was gone, I wouldn't really miss it.
    Ha! I rarely use my moonroof either, and usually just pop it up. Hence my reason for my sunroof mistake. "Victory is mine!"

My step Dad just bought a 2015 Explorer Twin Turbo Sport, In White Platinum Metallic, for around $44,000. The paint is pretty cool, especially in the sunlight. It's got all kinds of bells and whistles, but I just found out this past weekend that it had a twin turbo, and that it's AWD. He took me for a ride in it, and I couldn't believe how quick this thing was! 365hp! Holy crap on a stick! It weighs at least 300pnds heavier than the Marauder, and pulls a 14.5 in the quarter, stock! With the mods I have done, and the recent 4.10 install, I don't know if I could beat him in a race. This does not make me happy at all! It looks like I'm gonna have to get boosted here soon! If I had a choice between the Explorer, and the SHO, I think I'd choose the SHO. Oh yeah, it has a moonroof too!
    Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

Quote Originally Posted by champ1173 View Post
    My step Dad just bought a 2015 Explorer Twin Turbo Sport .... It weighs at least 300pnds heavier than the Marauder, and pulls a 14.5 in the quarter, stock!
    The 2003 MM brochure shows the Marauder curb weight as 4,164 pounds. The '15 SHO is 163 pounds heavier at 4,327. The '15 Explorer is 279 pounds more at 4,443. The Explorer is only about 116 pounds more than the SHO using base curb weights. The SHO is closer to a 13.5 second car.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I use the moonroof all the time, it's a great feature. My first Marauder didn't have one, at the time I thought that it would reduce headroom. Now I wouldn't buy another car without one. My Sport doesn't have one, and I regret not finding one with a moonroof. My wife liked the Marauders moonroof so much that she had one installed on her 2014 FJ Cruiser.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

i love my moonroof, it's the perfect place to tape a taxi sign
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

As long as your glass panel drops into a frame mounted in your roof, it is not an OEM roof.
    OEM moonroofs drop right into a well in the roof.
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

My understanding of this is that in 2004, those Marauders with a "2MHHM ..." VIN left the factory as "incomplete" vehicles (i.e. being denoted with the "H" as the 3rd digit). These cars were sent directly from the factory to have the moonroof installed at a separate after-market installer before being sent on to the dealers. The moonroof and its price addition shows on the MSRP window sticker. Since the moonroof install was DONE FOR the factory at the request/contracted by FORD, it is considered an OEM moonroof. That's MHO and I'm sticking with it.

Any 2003 MMs (all with '2MEHM..." VINs) that you find with a moonroof was a true after-market install and was not OEM.
    Exactly !!
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information