Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trilogy installation in process

Trilogy installation in process

Hi all,

It's about time I found a weekend to get going on this project. thinking I had everything I need, I started yesterday around noon after a long night of graduation party.

By tonight around 7 I stopped for the weekend. Made it up to about page 96 n the Trilogy install manual. I say about because sitting here reviewing my progress I can't find page 95. I am held up with the alternator pulley swap and missing nuts to mount it which I will get done somewhere tomorrow.

So far it has gone fairly smooth. The head unit went on fully assembled which was a bit difficult, but in the end this saved a ton of time.

It will probably be until next weekend that I can say it is ready for the cranking tune, but we shall see what the weeknights bring.

Subscribing!!!
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

A real man would have done this in the parking lot at Carlisle!!!

LOL!!!

Keep us posted!

Good luck sir

Your going to love it!
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Maybe you can find some pointers or hints on your install here http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...y-install.html

As usual, Musclemerec has some good details and pictures throughout the install.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    A real man would have done this in the parking lot at Carlisle!!!

LOL!!!

Keep us posted!

Wearing sandals. Only Sandals.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    Maybe you can find some pointers or hints on your install here http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...y-install.html

As usual, Musclemerec has some good details and pictures throughout the install.
    Thanks for the link. There's some great info in here. I am following the original Trilogy installation, so some of this, like the FRPS mod will not be implemented. I don't know enough about this to include in my project. Need to look into that more.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Wearing sandals. Only Sandals.

Builder Of Badassery
    That made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Gccch View Post
    Thanks for the link. There's some great info in here. I am following the original Trilogy installation, so some of this, like the FRPS mod will not be implemented. I don't know enough about this to include in my project. Need to look into that more.

Thanks again!
    Greg,

I predict you will call into work sick one day this week just to be able to finish the car up!

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Greg,

I predict you will call into work sick one day this week just to be able to finish the car up!
    That's not a bad idea! I will get after it again tonight and hopefully get more of the plumbing sorted out.

Got up to page 107 tonight (heat exchanger installation) minus a couple steps. Not sure which hose goes where on the intercooler coolant circuit so I need to sort those out. Doesn't help that I took the wife out for Italian, but that's one of those long term investments.

Will drop off the alternator tomorrw since I left it behind today. That's the other missing step. About 32 pages left to go!

Will drop off the alternator tomorrw since I left it behind today. That's the other missing step. About 32 pages left to go!
    Greg, are you reusing the alternator that was on your car?

Yes, Marty. That is the plan per the standard Trilogy set up. What is the issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, Marty. That is the plan per the standard Trilogy set up. What is the issue?
    We have found a high incidence of alternator failure when doing Trilogy installs/Eaton swaps and re-using the used alternator.

It may pay to just go ahead and get a new alternator. Then you will not have to worry about pulling the clutched pulley off the alternator. And, you may be able to sell your used alternator and make back some of your money.

Just some of my personal thoughts and observations. You're results may vary.

ok, good to know. So that is the reason for the pulley swap? The original is clutched and the Trilogy pulley is not? I was wondering what the difference was. I will go with my existing unit. It's been sitting idle for most of it's life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information