Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's almost that time again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimojc View Post
    Way to get the ball rolling early Anthony.
    Gotta start planning early so people don't find a way to back out...like Mebot already did....

@Mebot:
    Current cars:

2003 Marauder (*mostly* all original)
    2020 Kia Niro Hybrid (wife’s car & our commuter)

Previously owned a 2004 DTR and a 2003 DBP…and 76 other vehicles but we don’t have time to list all that.

I will plan on it, will try to get the wife to take her car too.
    300A Black Wife's DD
    300B DPB Mine

Dang already called out by Anthony. And Merrill, I've been wanting to meet your acquaintance. You're in the Pacific Northwest too. Pretty bummed I'm going to miss this but it's already been settled
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Got my fan & temp gauge fixed. Count me in.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

I know a couple Marauders have changed hands here the PDX area after watching the Craigslist ads...anyone new here?
    Current cars:

Previously owned a 2004 DTR and a 2003 DBP…and 76 other vehicles but we don’t have time to list all that.

Yeah, just bought a 2003 Marauder. 98K miles. Bone stock. Had to upgrade to haul the kids around. So i found something with a little attitude. I have been trolling around here taking in the following these cars have. I think i have decided to start off with a stock tune from Mo's. The trans seems to hesitate a bunch when the converter cant decide to lock or not. Sounds like the tune will take care of that as well as add a couple more pony's, what are your guy's thoughts? What is the first thing that i should upgrade on this car? any other worth wile upgrades? If you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of threads you think i should read! Thanks in advance.

So many things can be done. Depends what your going for.

Where about Washington are you?
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

4:10 Gears + a tune from Mo= new car
    2004 Silver Birch
    K and N intake, Lidio Tune, 4:10's, Rear Cat Delete, Megs Res delete tips, Flow masters, drilled slotted rotors, Lip spoiler, Colex Gods Head Emblems, Bob White Inserts, Marauder sill plates, Nitto's Extreme 555's, heated seats, sunroof .

Cold air intake from JLT
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    So many things can be done. Depends what your going for.

Where about Washington are you?
    I am just looking for a dependable daily driver that puts a smile on my face!

Maple Valley, where the moss grows on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MERCULES View Post
    4:10 Gears + a tune from Mo= new car
    That was where I was headed. The rear end whines something fierce under acceleration anyhow. Should I get to that sooner or later than the tune? Would I have to buy another tune for the gear swap? That would make me think the gears first then the tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Cold air intake from JLT
    Is there real benefits to the cold air intake? I was planning to get a K&N replacement filter and be done with it.

Thanks for all of the responses. I sure enjoyed driving into work this morning!
    Last edited by Sneak A Peak; 02-27-2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: I cant spell

I thought I spotted a Marauder the other day. Whoever you buy the tune from can give you one for stock gears AND 4.10 gears. This way you already have the tune when it's time for the 4.10's. I had my Marauder for at least a year before the tune. Where's that "bump your head against the wall" emoticon. Get your tune asap, especially with the driving we do out here.

Sorry Anthony...didn't mean to derail your thread!
    Last edited by junior; 02-27-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Derail
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

Lol. No worries, Ken. Not a derail at all. You should come to the SVTOA show.

@Sneak A Peak - Glad to see another MM in the PNW! Mine came from Maple Valley actually (Thanks junior...still love it!!! Almsot at 60k now.) You better show up to some meets and get to know us. We always have a blast and the Griots show is an awesome place to get car care products. Ask my wife...I spend more on stuff there than I do products for myself!
    Current cars:

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak A Peak View Post
    Yeah, just bought a 2003 Marauder. 98K miles. Bone stock. Had to upgrade to haul the kids around. So i found something with a little attitude. I have been trolling around here taking in the following these cars have. I think i have decided to start off with a stock tune from Mo's. The trans seems to hesitate a bunch when the converter cant decide to lock or not. Sounds like the tune will take care of that as well as add a couple more pony's, what are your guy's thoughts? What is the first thing that i should upgrade on this car? any other worth wile upgrades? If you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of threads you think i should read! Thanks in advance.

Black tube JLT and a tune. Don't wait another second.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

IMHO, do the gear swap and CAI before a tune. This will start you off right, and hold your attention while saving for and selecting the next big step.

What ever it may be, check in here BEFORE you add anything else. By and large, we have the best think tank ever for advice on mods. Lots of talent, let us help you before you mod, and your trip will be a smooth ride.

Y'all be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    I thought I spotted a Marauder the other day. Whoever you buy the tune from can give you one for stock gears AND 4.10 gears. This way you already have the tune when it's time for the 4.10's. I had my Marauder for at least a year before the tune. Where's that "bump your head against the wall" emoticon. Get your tune asap, especially with the driving we do out here.

Sorry Anthony...didn't mean to derail your thread!
    Good Advice, thanks. Yeah, i think the tune is in my near future! I cant find one bad thread regarding the tune from mo's. When i order i will ask mo about both the tune for the stock gears as well as the 410's.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony84 View Post
    Lol. No worries, Ken. Not a derail at all. You should come to the SVTOA show.

@Sneak A Peak - Glad to see another MM in the PNW! Mine came from Maple Valley actually (Thanks junior...still love it!!! Almsot at 60k now.) You better show up to some meets and get to know us. We always have a blast and the Griots show is an awesome place to get car care products. Ask my wife...I spend more on stuff there than I do products for myself!
    I cant make it to this particular gathering as i have some other plans that weekend. But the marauder will be our chariot to that wedding!
    I do like a good product. On that topic, i have to say i got some mothers back to black and did all of the plastic trimming on the car and it made a world of difference. this car is from the wenatchee/chelan area and was subject to a lot of sun, so the black trimming was all faded(door key pad plastic was almost white). But not anymore! Did some spots on our other cars and boy, what a difference.

I will keep monitoring these forums to see if i can make another gathering. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac View Post
    IMHO, do the gear swap and CAI before a tune. This will start you off right, and hold your attention while saving for and selecting the next big step.

What ever it may be, check in here BEFORE you add anything else. By and large, we have the best think tank ever for advice on mods. Lots of talent, let us help you before you mod, and your trip will be a smooth ride.

Y'all be safe.
    CAI? cold air intake? I got a k&N replacement filter on the way, i have never had any luck with intakes. Is there proven performance gains with one on the marauder?

Thanks for the response. I appreciate this great platform to transfer knowledge and experiences. It really helps me decide where the attention needs to go and what additions are worth the $. I am looking for a dependable Daily Driver that puts a smile on my face (not that it doesn't already).

Here is a question, at what point do you guys think this car needs bigger brakes? Mine work ok, but they arnt the greatest i have ever used.

Thanks for all of the responses, i hope to have this car for a long time.
    Last edited by Sneak A Peak; 03-01-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: i figured out what CAI meant. i think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information