Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'nother new guy

When you do find one and decide this is the one. I highly recommend a plug and play tune from like Marty at MOs Speed Shop. The tune flashes the computer and stores all factory settings on the device so you can go back to it for emissions or dealer services. The tune wakes up the car, adds 20 hp and changes the shifting much more suited thru low and mid range instead of rapidly getting to overdrive and then always hunting back and forth between overdrive. All done thru the obdII port . Don't have to take car anywhere. Single best mod if you are not going to mod it. Of course we all said that part. Lol
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Much thanks, yes from what I've seen a tune is a minimum so I'll definitely put that on the list of mod #1. At least for now I don't intend to go too crazy. My Abarth just came off warranty so it's getting some tweaks next and I have a few other project cars in the shop at the moment, a 52 plymouth Im working on for a friend and a....prepare to laugh....hot rod Yugo...no seriously.

Hot rod yugo? You have my attention.

I built it about 10 years ago for autocross racing. Sold it about 8 years ago and bought it back last year a little worse for wear. The plan is to set it up for a buddy of mine to take road racing, hes a great driver and I'd rather play mechanic.

First thing I need to do is take molds of everything. Those fenders are one off's I built and they will eventually get mangled in a race so if I have molds I can pop out new ones. Also hood, doors and hatch will be molded so I can make them in fiberglass (hood is done) to get her as light as possible.

With all that said I'm also really trying to reduce projects as I just never have the time to finish everything so it, along with my Mercury wagon posted earlier are up for sale, but it seems very few people are interested in a hot rod Yugo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JThw8; 07-26-2014 at 06:12 AM.

That thing is awesome looking. I really like the unique projects people come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by 2mercs View Post
    That thing is awesome looking. I really like the unique projects people come up with.
    Well then, let me tell you about my Wartburg Go ahead, google it, I'll wait. 1958 Wartburg 311. East German car which was given on a bet that I couldn't make it into a viable race car. Originally front engine, fwd with a 3 cylinder 2 stroke. I grafted a VW torsion housing to the frame and made it rear engine rwd. Subaru flat 4 mated to the VW 4 speed, Porsche 944 suspension added in, lots of other weirdness as well. Oh and all with a budget limit of $2010 for the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge

Full details and build site at http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com/

Well it looks like I'll be a Silver guy after all. RKammer and I have come to a deal on his 2003 and I'll fly down to FL to collect it in a few weeks. Everything about his car was just what I wanted, well kept, enthusiast owned, just the right mild mods, priced right.

Quote Originally Posted by JThw8 View Post
    Well it looks like I'll be a Silver guy after all. RKammer and I have come to a deal on his 2003 and I'll fly down to FL to collect it in a few weeks. Everything about his car was just what I wanted, well kept, enthusiast owned, just the right mild mods, priced right.
    Cool!

Another 03 SB MM in Joisey.

Congrats!
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDOHC View Post
    Cool!

Another 03 SB MM in Joisey.

Congrats!
    Yeah, it will be back in time for the Explore the Shore 2014 rally, should make a nice car for me to run that show in

Congrats from one SB to another!
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Arrow Great score!

Quote Originally Posted by JThw8 View Post
    Welcome to the world of maraudering See on at a meet some day!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Hehe that's how I got rid of my suburban fast armor all everything. And yes it had issues too so yes pretty hides issues. Sometimes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information