Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear tire sale (TIRE RACK)

Rear tire sale (TIRE RACK)

...Just thought I would pass along that the Tire Rack has our OEM rear tires on sale for $89 each. Not sure how long...but a good deal for the moment.
    2017 Niro

That's a good deal! Last year they had them on sale for $85, and so I bought a new pair just to have them on hand knowing how quick I go through tires because of my playful driving habits.

At the rate I'm burning through my rear tires I should pick up a pair now while they're on sale. It won't be long until I need them, I'm afraid. I've only got 14k miles on the car and the rears are showing considerable wear, with the center tread wearing considerably while the outter tread still looks good.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

I'm sure the answer is somewhere...

But it didn't pop right up with a search...

What other rear tire options in same or close size are there for the MM?
    03 MM 300A
    Tint

SOUND: Alpine CD/MP3 with iPod Fullspeed, Sirius Satellite Radio; MB Quart 6 1/2 Premiums up front, MB Quart 5X7 Reference in back, JL Audio W3 10" sub, JL Audio Slash Series 500 W amp, Dynamat everywhere, Optima yellow top to keep it cranking...

SPEED: Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Ford Racing girdle cover and stud kit, SCT Reinhardt tune, Stallion Torque Converter, JLT Intake, Densos/Stat, Addco front and rear, Metco upper and lower, Front Willwood brake kit by TCE

I hear ya 4th H.......I also have 14K on the odometer and that's exactly how my P245's in the back looked after I did those burnout videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    I hear ya 4th H.......I also have 14K on the odometer and that's exactly how my P245's in the back looked after I did those burnout videos.
    But I haven't been doing any burn outs, is the thing. I do load them up pretty heavy with some hard launches now and then, and I have a tendency to throw the big beast through corners with gusto. Hell, in the winter it's not uncommon for me to break all four free and drift through a corner. Of course, in the winter that probably doesn't induce much tread wear. Anyway, it must be just the strain of keeping the big car planted as I throw it around that's wearing them. The fronts look great, though. Odd.

BTW, big props on that burn out video! I'll be showing that to my car loving friends at work tomorrow.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Hmmm, no burnouts, and they're already showing that kind of wear at 14K? I dunno. That's kind of puzzling.

But as far as the video, make sure you show them both of them. Ones a brake torque, and the other is simply from a dead punch (no brake pedal).......

here's the two of them incase you've missed one. .....

here's the two of them incase you've missed one. .....
    Thank you, sir! I'll be sure to show off your car today at work.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Horseman
    Thank you, sir! I'll be sure to show off your car today at work.
    "Sir"??? How formal.......okay drop and give me 5 burnouts soldier!!!!!!

"Sir"??? How formal.......okay drop and give me 5 burnouts soldier!!!!!!
    Heh, I'm not sure my n/a Marauder could do a burnout.

BTW, it's probably just a CODEC I don't have loaded, but I couldn't get your MPEG clip to play.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Heh, I'm not sure my n/a Marauder could do a burnout.

BTW, it's probably just a CODEC I don't have loaded, but I couldn't get your MPEG clip to play.
    The one w/the monsterous brake torque burnout seems to be the easier of the two to get, and can be watched directly from this site. But the dead punch burnout I think will require most viewers to have to right click on it, and hit "save Target as" in order to download it in their PC first, and then they can view it that way. So I don't know if you're able to do that on your workplace PC.

The one w/the monsterous brake torque burnout seems to be the easier of the two to get, and can be watched directly from this site. But the dead punch burnout I think will require most viewers to have to right click on it, and hit "save Target as" in order to download it in their PC first, and then they can view it that way. So I don't know if you're able to do that on your workplace PC.
    Well, I run linux on my workplace PC, so I downloaded the file to my Mac (a PowerBook). QuickTime is supposed to play MPEG movies, but apparently there's a CODEC I'm missing or something, because it was no go. No worries, though, the one with the brake stand will impress well enough.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

yeah, that's too bad though that you can't get both of them at work because a lot of RWD V8 engine cars can do brake torque burnouts, but few can smoke em real good all the way through second gear like I did w/my car in that Dead Punch burnout video........

My workplace PC doesn't even play any vids off the internet since the company will not allow it. So I had to burn the two clips on a CD from my home PC and bring it to work to show everyone.

At the rate I'm burning through my rear tires I should pick up a pair now while they're on sale. It won't be long until I need them, I'm afraid. I've only got 14k miles on the car and the rears are showing considerable wear, with the center tread wearing considerably while the outter tread still looks good.
    You might try running 1 pound or so less in the rears if you're getting 'crowning' wear like you describe...it could be that the inflation pressure at operating temp is a little too much, causing the tire to bulge at the center - you might even gain a little traction by introducing a wider contact patch. BTW Billy, everyone I've shown your videos to can't believe your car. Kudos bud!
    Michael Floyd
    2004 300B

Hey Billy...

You got a Girdle on that Marauder ???

How much air y'all puttin in ya rubbers ???
    The door says 35 but I run them with 38,
    only because I am afraid of the potholes here in NY...
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information