Thread: F/S 2005 BMW K1200S sportbike. Tons of options.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

F/S 2005 BMW K1200S sportbike. Tons of options.

2005 BMW K1200S. Yellow, Black, and Silver. 6900 miles. Never dropped, wrecked, scratched, or otherwise damaged. Serviced by BMW dealer only. Always stored in garage.

This bike comes from the factory with almost 170 horspower. I have added another 20+ with the full race exhaust and race airfilter kit. As well as tons of other goodies. I used to have a Big Dog Chopper and I get more people asking questions and more head turning with this bike than I did with the chopper. If you have never heard a Akrapovic Evo exhaust ($1500 exhaust system), it sounds amazing!!!! It is their full race header and hexagonal titanium can.

It is a large frame motorcycle so if you are taller or a bigger guy, this will be the first bike you have ever felt comfortable on. That is the reason I got it. I am 6'6" and over 260. Nothing else fit but this fits like a glove. I have some friends who are much shorter than me and they can fit on it as well. The ergonomics and the way the tank knee cutouts are arranged allow a much taller person to ride it comfortably.

It also has alot of creature comforts that only the Germans could put on a sportbike. Heated hand grips, electronic adjustable suspension. You can adjust rebound, dampening and preload (IIRC) by a button on the left handlebar. It also has ABS and a duo-lever front suspension (which eliminates brake dive and improves handling). It is also shaft drive to eliminate maintenance as well as a 6 speed transmission.

This is the specific bike used by Sargent Cycles to design their new World Sport seat and their Metro Tank Panel system. They are here in Jacksonville and I had a connection with the company so I let them use the bike to build the prototype. I will post their advertisement pictures later as I cant get the links from photobucket because my work blocks the site. I am not including the aftermarket seat with the bike. But would make a good deal if someone wanted it.

Factory options:
    ABS brakes
    Electronic adjustable suspension (ESA)
    Heated grips
    Factory center stand
    Smart can-bus battery charger
    Bumblebee paint.

Aftermarket options:
    Throttlemeisters with factory painted yellow pinstripe to match bike
    Akrapovic EVO exhaust w/stainless header titanium hexagonal can and carbon fiber tip. Sticker removed.
    Evoluzione race filters
    Evoluzione clutch/brake bleeder kit
    Evoluzione clear front and rear turn signals
    Evoluzione license plate reloc kit
    Evoluzione billet clutch slave cylinder
    Evoluzione billet foot peg relocation kit
    Evoluzione billet torque arm with shims
    Hornig side stand enlargement pad
    Also includes large factory BMW tank bag and SargentCycle Metro Tank Panel System with small bag (large enough for sunglasses and cell phone).

Asking $14,300.

Last edited by Todd; 08-09-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    2003 MARAUDER ---SOLD---
    -MOD LIST-
    Ø MMR Race 1100 shortblock, Polydyn coated pistons
    Ø Pro Turbo Systems turbo kit with Precision 76GTS turbo with polished H compressor housing
    Ø Ford GT Complete Cylinder Heads (Cams, Springs, Retainers, etc)
    Ø Twin Ford GT fuel pumps, -8 braided stainless lines and billet rails
    Ø Custom All Metal Cowl Induction Hood

Thread Information