Thread: Shout out to Mo's Speed shop

Shout out to Mo's Speed shop

So back in April I installed a set of stainless Works Long tubes on 2000 Crown Vic P73. I left for the Navy after the install and my dad finished the rest of the exhaust by taking it to a local shop. When I got back and started driving I really wasnt happy with the sound. I knew the performance would suffer because the rear o2 sensor had to be removed. I was ok with that for now. But the exhaust shop said it was not possible to install a crossover pipe due to lack of room. After looking under the car the guy was full of poop. There is plenty of room. Flat out laziness. Anyway, the shops up in Virginia wanted a crazy $400 to install a cross over. So I passed. However I ordered a tune from Mo's speed shop and asked about getting a H-pipe installed.

On my way back to Florida I swung by Mo's shop. Fantastic time meeting them in person. Marty and Jeff are fantastic guys and 100% Gearheads. I love it that I found guys that have as much passion for cars as I do. Jeff installed the impossible H-pipe and the car sounded so much better. And it is true, H-pipes add low to mid range torque. Driving around so long without an H-pipe then taking the car out untuned there was a real difference.

The level of detail these guys put into their work is top notch. The H-pipe install was amazing. Jeff grounded down the welds, checked for leaks, and painted them. Jeff even fixed my rear sway bar mount and helpped me reinstall it. I haven't had the rear bar on the car in about 6+ years. I broke the mount autocrossing many many moons ago.

Then came time for the tune. SCT X4. Jeff and I went out driving quite a few times until we were both happy with the tune.
    The Vic is a whole new car. It drives so well. In easy everyday driving it gets up to speed without any effort. And at WOT holy crap am I impressed. Car just pulls. The speedo doesn't lag at any point. My freind has a Mazda protege 5, with a longtube header, CAI, short throw shifter and a tune. My Marauder had a fender on him when we raced awhile back. Both from a roll and from a dig. We both wanted to know how much faster the Vic was so we ran again. I had three cars on him both times. Considering the only performance mods to my NPI Vic are a 70mm TB, ported factory plenum, ADTR intake tube, longtube headers with high flow cats, 3.55 gears with track lock, and now a Mo tune. It sounds like alot but it really isn't.

I will love to get this car to the track. Im guessing mid to low 15s. I will have to get the rear sway bar mount reinforced before I do anymore autocrossing.

I would highly recommend Mo's Speed shop for any of your tuning or fabrication needs. Between seeing their work first hand at the shop, and trust me when I say they have some down right beautiful cars they have done, and meeting them and getting the feel for the kind of people they are, you will not be disappointed with their work. Once the Marauder gets the valve seat fixed they will get a call for another tune.
    Last edited by Bondfreak13; 11-29-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    2003 Mercury Marauder- Stock with 223k miles.

2000 Crown Victoria P73. Deep Wedge Wood Blue.
    SW longtube headers and high flow cats, magnaflow mufflers, 3.55 gears w/track lock, 70mm Aviator TB, PnP factory plenum, ADTR intake tube, 87 octaine tune by MO. Bilstein HD shocks, Mecto Rear control arms w/ watts link, Addco custom order 1.5 inch front sway bar (38mm), 1.25 inch rear bar 31.75mm (only 11 made).

I couldn't agree more. They are a top notch crew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

You might wanna put this in the Vendor Review section as well...it isn't only for negative reviews.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Glad you like our work!

It was great meeting with you!!!

Marty and his group are AWESOME!!!!!
    2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)

2022 Ford Ff-150 SuperCab Iconic Silver "Powerboost"
    3.35 L 4X4
    -AND-
    SLAYER1
    formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
    Kenne Belle 2.8 (Liquid Cooled), MMR "Boss 302" Block, L&M Engines rebuild Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 "703
    702 RWHP/653 RWTQ @ 21 Lbs. Boost, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment etc...

Mine is their rightnow getting the engine built.

mine has stuff in the works to make a stay at MOliday Inn and speed shop. im hoping for April.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    mine has stuff in the works to make a stay at MOliday Inn and speed shop. im hoping for April.
    They do great work & was fun hanging out with the crew & touring Atlanta.

For hotels Marty recommended the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,Hiram, GA.
    It's 3 miles from the shop,
    Trilogy With Comp Cams Stage 3 Sound's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIRJ1zGhSA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUWZ9f8gXw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPUl529gog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvfRjhiGT4w N/A Sound

Dyno By "Mo's Speed Shop",Dallas,Georgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqxN3FjWd6s
    445 RW/HP @ 398 Torque S/C

Jeff Doing a Traditional Burn Out At "Mo's Speed Shop"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyKuC5heAI

So Far Best Run 12.84 @106 MPH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlA-0vB0HwU

Big "Thanks" To Gerald,Derek,Bill & Harrison

"Thanks" Martyo & Jeff

#6486 of 11,052 03 300B In Black

Thread Information