Thread: '50 Ford, T-Bird Conversion

'50 Ford, T-Bird Conversion

Did any of you get a picture of one of the T-Birds with the '50 Ford front and rear? I've tried to tell people at work about it and they think that I was in the sun too long.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    Did any of you get a picture of one of the T-Birds with the '50 Ford front and rear? I've tried to tell people at work about it and they think that I was in the sun too long.

Dan ya beat me to it, I think we saw 2-3 of those at the WDC. They weren't horrible but they weren't pretty either
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    I think I saw one of those at the Philly Cruise back in April. Looked like a Burgundy '49-50 Ford to me until I noticed the roof rails of the '94-'97 T-Bird along the roofline. I may have a photo of one at home. I'll check tonight.

Got it .... here's the pic from Philadelphia 4/17/04. Ya gotta look really hard to see a Thunderbird under there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 08-23-2004 at 04:44 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

streetrodder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    I think I saw one of those at the Philly Cruise back in April. Looked like a Burgundy '49-50 Ford to me until I noticed the roof rails of the '94-'97 T-Bird along the roofline. I may have a photo of one at home. I'll check tonight.
    That's a kit from an outfit called "Easyrods". Call 609-693-1631 or visit www.easyrods.com. I guess they're OK. I've seen one or two. But my daily driver is a '51 Victoria so I didn't find them all that attractive.

bigslim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder

Got it .... here's the pic from Philadelphia 4/17/04. Ya gotta look really hard to see a Thunderbird under there.
    That's it. There were three of them at WDC. A white, burgundy and a blue one. The lady in one of them said a company in Canada does the conversion. Different but I wouldn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim
    That's it. There were three of them at WDC. A white, burgundy and a blue one. The lady in one of them said a company in Canada does the conversion. Different but I wouldn't have one.
    The most unique Thunderbird conversion that I ever saw was for a woman in Missouri. Her husband bought her a new 1997 Thunderbird and had it custom painted to look like the #88 Dale Jarrett red, white, blue Quality Care/Ford Credit racecar from the Winston Cup series (now Nextel Cup). This car had all the markings complete with sponsor decals, front airdam, rear spoiler, and a window net that she could hook in place when the window was down. It was completely street legal and was running the stock V-8 under the hood. But it did get attention on the highway. She was a "real 88 fan".
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Blend old and new with our fiberglass components

fugly

How many of these can they possibly sell................But think..they have these huge panals made but..NO one can come up with those hot looking ones on the Trilogy car.........What up???????

Quote Originally Posted by chrish
    How many of these can they possibly sell................But think..they have these huge panals made but..NO one can come up with those hot looking ones on the Trilogy car.........What up???????
    Good question. There are plenty of TBirds and Cougar platforms of that vintage available.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I dunno guys. That wrong on so many levels. My favorite T-Bird mod was the guy who shortened his about 10 inches and made it a 2 seater. It looked pretty good.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Thread Information