Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: No more "On The Rack?"

My first reaction to reading this thread: Is this a joke?
    If this is the worst 'infraction' encountered running a site of this size, consider yourself lucky...

'04 MM~Black/Light Flint

Special Service Vehicles at:
    http://www.sspmustang.org

Todd... your mailbox seems to be full.....
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

hitchhiker Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac View Post
    I'm not going to sit back and play dumb on this, but I have been delayed by other matters.

I am involved in the decision that yáll speak of. The topic was pending for a while, it's another legacy problem we inherited when purchasing the site. Moreover, failure to address it is unfairness for the remaining paid vendors.

Todd was sent notice on the violations and nothing changed. He was invited to sign up as a supporting vendor, which would have cost him approximately 324.00 for a full year. This would include a banner, and his own forum under his control to use any way he saw fit. He did not respond to any of our invitations, and he did not change any pics.

Furthermore, Todd's flaggs and "contributing member"status could not be verified in the records transferred at the sale. We looked everywhere for some contribution from Todd no matter how old, in order to preserve his status. Again, without Todd's help in this, we found nothing. Finally, he was given notice that by the close of business Friday 20 Oct. 2006, he should make amends to his membership status, of the status will revert to that of member-at-large. He did nothing.

The software did it deed, and TAF is an ordinary member again. His PM storage and Gallery storage is automatically adjust accordingly. He was not told to leave and his membership and access is in good standing. He is very welcome to stay, and invited to expand on obviious opportunities, but the free ride is over.

The way I see it, it's only fair. Zack and Mac are paying vendors, and we do very little advertising, no banner, no forum, buy we paid ther same money.
    I want to see Todd remain an active member here whether he likes me and my politics or not. (I hail from the Left Coast) I like looking at the nice old classic cars and the intricate custom exhaust applications!

I seriously doubt the issue is money as I am sure that Todd could afford $324 / year if he chose to spend his funds that way. I think the issue may be the way in which he was approached and the tone of the communications.

Todd has been a 'core' contributor of content here for several years that I know of providing a lot of useful information, great pictures of project vehicles, as well as laughs (Todd and Marty show) and lively political discussions when that sort of thing was allowed.

I think the main point here is whether or not a member showing off pics of their projects so that the members can admire classic cars and very very custom exhaust systems has become a 'feature' that draws members to the site for content, or is it an attempt to sell his services without paying to be a vendor.

IMHO, the former is the case.

Personally, I hope the new 'owners' call Todd, straighten this thing out, and urge him to return, pictures and all.

This kind of hostility, if it continues, will drive existing and future vendors away, not attract them.

Additionally, I hope that the new owners are not trying to turn MM.NET into a profit center. Running a site like this is a calling, not an enterprise.

Although good management principles will help keep expenses in line and provide operating revenue, IMHO, Logan did not operate this site to make money, he did it for the car hobby and for those of us who share it with him.

I hope that he has left the site in the hands of folks who will continue his fine work.

I will be sending in another Pay Pal contribution in the future as I try to do my bit to contribute.

Best Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker View Post
    I want to see Todd remain an active member here whether he likes me and my politics or not. (I hail from the Left Coast) I like looking at the nice old classic cars and the intricate custom exhaust applications!

I seriously doubt the issue is money as I am sure that Todd could afford $324 / year if he chose to spend his funds that way. I think the issue may be the way in which he was approached and the tone of the communications.

Todd has been a 'core' contributor of content here for several years that I know of providing a lot of useful information, great pictures of project vehicles, as well as laughs (Todd and Marty show) and lively political discussions when that sort of thing was allowed.

I think the main point here is whether or not a member showing off pics of their projects so that the members can admire classic cars and very very custom exhaust systems has become a 'feature' that draws members to the site for content, or is it an attempt to sell his services without paying to be a vendor.

IMHO, the former is the case.

Personally, I hope the new 'owners' call Todd, straighten this thing out, and urge him to return, pictures and all.

This kind of hostility, if it continues, will drive existing and future vendors away, not attract them.

Additionally, I hope that the new owners are not trying to turn MM.NET into a profit center. Running a site like this is a calling, not an enterprise.

Although good management principles will help keep expenses in line and provide operating revenue, IMHO, Logan did not operate this site to make money, he did it for the car hobby and for those of us who share it with him.

I hope that he has left the site in the hands of folks who will continue his fine work.

I will be sending in another Pay Pal contribution in the future as I try to do my bit to contribute.

Best Regards,

Dave

Okay, I hail from the "Right Coast" and find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with Dave. (We might want to note the date, that rarely seems to happen!)

I second the motion to make amends with Todd, straighten this out, pics & all.

Well said Hitchhiker!
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

Wow....just wow! This is one of the most childish things I've ever seen on an automotive forum.

Todd is in the right here. The admins should be ashamed of themselves for handling this in such an unprofessional manner. (No offense, admins, but it's true!)

I never even remotely considered that Todd was advertising anything. In fact, I always thought he was just an employee of the muffler shop who happened to take some pictures of the cool cars that came and went from the shop. I had no clue he was the OWNER.

And what good would it do him to be a vendor? The magic in his trade is not the mufflers, pipes, and headers - it's the skill in installing and fabricating said items. (I highly doubt I'll be driving 800 miles to Georgia anytime soon to get exhaust work done. How many on this site have? Three members over the course of four years! And that's supposed to support $324 a year in vendor fees? Give me a break! The man would be out of business in two months if he operated like that!)

Todd's contributions to this site as a "non-vendor" probably bring more HITS and MEMBERS to this site than any "vendor." And, if I'm not mistaken, the hits and membership numbers are what really matters when a site is seeking vendors/pricing.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed by this situation and I honestly could live without this site. I only like coming here because I'm a "car guy" in general, and a "Marauder guy" in particular.

The worst part is, I was planning on donating some money to this site because I feel I get some personal enjoyment from this site and I think it's fair to support the upkeep and maintenance of the site. (And I don't even care about extra PM space or any of that crap. I just figured I would donate out of the goodness of my heart.) Now, after seeing how the admins have strong-armed and brow-beat an incredibly valuable member for a measley $324 a year, I don't think I'll be opening my wallet anytime soon. It's sad but true.

Sorry if I offended anyone; I'm not trying to be ugly. I'm simply telling it how I see it. Hopefully I won't get banned for sharing my comments. But, if I *do* get banned, I'm sure I'll survive.

Good day,

Todd in Houston

P.S. How hard would it have been to send him a friendly email and politely ask him to blur the references to his business (banners, etc.) that might be seen in the background of the photographs????
    Last edited by AstroVic; 10-24-2006 at 01:59 PM.
    --- Todd ---

2007 Dodge Charger - 3.5L V6
    2006 Chevy Impala LT - 3.5L V6

Royal Purple synthetics

2003 Maraduer 300A
    2000 CVPI
    158,730 miles
    Addco swaybars front & rear
    ENS poly bushings & endlinks front & rear
    Command Automotive cryogenic rotors front & rear

bigslim Guest
    Todd, feel free to post the pictures on our site.

Ill miss the "On the Rack" threads. I enjoyed them for the variety of cars that were photographed.
    This is a big piece of entertainment being taken away from the site.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

This situation reminds me of that thread recently where 40% of you voted that mutual respect on this board between admins and members was not required.

Be careful what you ask for ?

hitchhiker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DefyantWife View Post
    This situation reminds me of that thread recently where 40% of you voted that mutual respect on this board between admins and members was not required.

Be careful what you ask for ?
    I think that sentiment was about supporting the admins re: keeping a lid on trouble-makers like Logan did, so that the site would not become like some others which I won't mention here at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post

Well, Mr. Slim, never thought about joining y'all's forum, but this gave me a good reason.
    Hope my registration is approved...
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Hey, If I have to pay he needs to pay.
    Bottom line.
    Grandfather my a$$. I had a deal with Logan from the get go to advertise my intakes here with nothing but grief from members and other vendors as soon as I'd post about a SCT or METCO product. Believe me threads were deleted faster then you know and warning PM's went out as if I were 3yrs old.

Funny how the more I'm here the more one way streets I run down...

Seems foolish not to pay the little cost to keep up the pics. Don't forget all you members here. These sites are paid for by the vendors, not the free membership.
    The more PAYING vendors the better the site, the better the site, the more members will come, the more members that come the more vendors that follow........................ .

BTW, $324 per year?? Seems I pay more than that?????????
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0
    Gotta Have It Green
    Blown and bad 725 RWHP

JLT Performance Marauder Intakes

JLT Crown Vic Intakes SHIPPING only $129! NO tuning needed!

Marauder parts:
    JLT RAI intakes
    Drive shaft loops
    SCT X-3
    Metco control arms
    Call or E-mail me for your needs!
    Jay Tucker @ 757 335 1940 or Jay@JLTtruecoldair.com

How can innocent photos of old cars and GREAT exhaust work be advertising for business when most of you wouldn't drive to the next town to get parts??

I have been to Todd's shop FOUR times and the round trip is 10 hours......I got what I wanted in stages as I wanted and would do it again MM.net or not!!

I love this car and would drive twice the distance to get quality work...END OF STORY!!

I have a feeling the new "owners" or at least a few of them are simply flexing their muscles.....which is not necessary in this case!!

As Todd stated before.....He has nothing to sell to the membership except his highly competent service and custom exhaust......NO MAIL ORDERS HERE.....You must go to his shop if you want anything and 95% of you are out of range!!

I personally will miss his "On The Rack" threads if he doesn't come back!!

Good Luck Todd.....I'll see you next trip through Atlanta!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

MM.net just lost a good thing. Honestly...if this guy was advertising I think he would have been on the up and up about what he was doing. Todd had a lot of respect for not selling on MM.net due to the fact that he had respect for Logan and others. To dump on him because he was showing off what his shop had on the rack is no different than a member posting pictures of stuff they just go in and naming the place where they got it from. That just plain sucks how Todd posting pictures could be misconstrude as advertising.

To the owners, I suppose, since I published pictures of my headers bought from Stainless works constitutes advertisement, since they are not supporting vendors, am I to going to be banned from posting pics. For all the complaining that folks did about Logan's autocratic rule, you guys are just doing it collectively. This is a car site, a great car site. Why screw it up with petty rules that result in nothing more than dis harmony amongst it regulars.

Welcome to the DARKSIDE...

2003 Black Mercury Marauder

Black and Chrome RPM 505 wheels staggered 18x8 and 18x9, Custom tune by ELD Performance, JLT cold air intake, FRPP 4:10 gears, PI 3000 Stall Torque converter, PHP intake spacer, Stainless Works Complete Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs, Steeda underdrive pulleys, Custom Painted Black factory spoiler, 15% Tint front and rear , Kenwood Excelon 6x8 Front and 6x9 rear Speakers, Pioneer 600w 4 channel amp, Zack and Mack Control arms, Addco Front and Rear Sway bars

Best run: 13.75 @ 99.6 sec on 4 May 07

Amen Jay! Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. These types of web sites are paid for by supporting vendors. Period. Now can we please get back to talking about tires and blowers and yes exhaust system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Hey, If I have to pay he needs to pay.
    Bottom line.
    Grandfather my a$$. I had a deal with Logan from the get go to advertise my intakes here with nothing but grief from members and other vendors as soon as I'd post about a SCT or METCO product. Believe me threads were deleted faster then you know and warning PM's went out as if I were 3yrs old.

Funny how the more I'm here the more one way streets I run down...

Seems foolish not to pay the little cost to keep up the pics. Don't forget all you members here. These sites are paid for by the vendors, not the free membership.
    The more PAYING vendors the better the site, the better the site, the more members will come, the more members that come the more vendors that follow........................ .

BTW, $324 per year?? Seems I pay more than that?????????

CHIT YEAH TODD!!!!!!!! come on over.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post

Welcome to the DARKSIDE...

2003 Black Mercury Marauder

Black and Chrome RPM 505 wheels staggered 18x8 and 18x9, Custom tune by ELD Performance, JLT cold air intake, FRPP 4:10 gears, PI 3000 Stall Torque converter, PHP intake spacer, Stainless Works Complete Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs, Steeda underdrive pulleys, Custom Painted Black factory spoiler, 15% Tint front and rear , Kenwood Excelon 6x8 Front and 6x9 rear Speakers, Pioneer 600w 4 channel amp, Zack and Mack Control arms, Addco Front and Rear Sway bars

Best run: 13.75 @ 99.6 sec on 4 May 07

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread Information