Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullyrauder's DTR

Cool Bullyrauder's DTR

I have some extra time off this week so I was able to get Bullyrauder's beautiful DTR in my garage for some mods. He has been paitently waiting for me to fab up a few parts and I finally got done with them now it's time to turn some wrenches and get them installed. Here's a list of the mods were doing:

Addco F&R soild sway bars
    Moog greasable end links
    Energy Suspension grafite impregnated bushins
    JLT CAI
    Proguard
    BC4E dead pedal
    Musclemerc Upper/Lower CA's
    Musclemerc Proguard brackets
    Musclemerc rear sway bar bushin mod
    Musclemerc bumper sag fix

First up was the JLT. The parts were well packed and the DTR paint was flawless. Tucker does an excellent job with his CAI kits. They fit like a glove, & not to mention the cost, these make a great first mod. Here is a pic of the setup the previous owner did and then the JLT. Only thing I add is a thin line of 100% silicone to both the MAF and the MAF adaptor to ensure a good seal, and I make a bracket to keep them from bumping around under the hood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sweet!

_________
    2010 fusion se

Front sway bar install

I got the front Addco,Moogs, and ES bushins installed today here's some tips on what it takes to get the job done.

Tools:
    Long pry bar
    hammer
    wire pliers
    coat hanger
    1/2" Breaker bar
    15mm deep socket 1/2" drive
    18mm deep socket 1/2" drive
    3/8" ratchet
    14mm socket 3/8" drive
    15mm wratchet wrench
    18mm wartchet wrench
    Ball joint fork *optional*
    Marine grease

First remove the brake caliper with the 14mm socket, and tie it to the upper CA with a piece of coat hanger. Then remove the caliper brackets with the 1/2" breaker bar and the 18mm socket. Pull the rotor off and set it aside. Now thats out of the way go ahead and remove the top nut on the end link **if you plan to reuse your end links put a socket on the end of it to hold the nut in place and remove the nut with a 15mm wrench**
    (Were going with the Moogs so I'm not trying to save them) You may need to use a fork to hold keep the bolt from spinning. Do the same for the lower nut on the end link. Get under the car and remove the 4 nuts holding the sway bar in place. **Be careful you don't let it hit you in the head**, support the sway bar because it will fall once its unbolted. To install the new stuff just do the same thing in reverse.

Notes: Be sure you use marine grease on the new bushins take your time and pack them **do not put them on dry the first time**. Adjust the sway bar so its centered on the bushins (L&R), Use the flat stock supplied with the swaybar (this is needed clearance for the retainer's) , do not use the washers that come with the ES bushins, they are not needed.

Addco sent these little retainers with this swaybar use them to keep the bar centered do not discard them. turn the groved side in towards the bushin. They are stock on the 04's, I gotta work on getting a set for my MM ASAP.

looking good - wheres the "Musclemerc bumper sag fix"

Want to see what you did...
    2021 F150 XLT Super Crew short bed - no chrome! - 3.5 Ecoboost 400hp/500tq - 36 Gal tank (600 miles) - 4x4 FX4 Offroad + Max Tow - 3.55 Locker - 10 Speed - Pro Power 2kva - 24mpg @ 80 Ford is still the best.
    03 300A - Number 1727
    - Super Touring - 10k in the best upgrades - 13.8@99 N/A - SOLD
    - STAP was so much fun, loved meeting you all and racing.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    ive got to get the front, and rear addcos, should be my next purchase, great post!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

looks good, but I am impatient and just use a wrench on the end link nut instead of taking off the brakes.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Looking good, keep the pics coming
    2003 Black MercNasty
    Diablo Predator Tunned
    JLT CAI
    Ford 4:10 Gears
    Drill Slotted rotors
    Aero Turbines 2525
    Pirelli Tires
    Ford Bob White Chrome Bumper insert- Overpriced

Coming soon
    Valentine 1 radar detector
    Tinted Windows
    Stereo System
    And maybe more Engine Mods

BC4E dead pedal install

This one is a no brainer all you will need is a 10mm socket, a razor knife, and a flat screwdriver

Start by first removing the beauty trim behind the hood latch. Take a flat screwdriver and pull it straight out. Pull the entire panel and lift it out from under the door still, then with the 10mm socket remove the nut on the holder for the wire harness (there is only one so dont think you lost one). Pull the entire harness out of the way and make room for the pedal to go in, after you get the 2 holes on the dead pedal lined up and in place on the studs replace the wire harness, then reinstall the nut, next thing is to cut the carpet so it goes back into place **be sure to take your time on this step only cut what's needed**

This is a must have in all panthers. Big shout out to BC4E for comming up with this well made piece. I love mine!

More pics!!! More pics!!!

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Looks Great TS. You have the official BC4E Dead petal PICS for install. Ron will LOVE IT. BTW, I'm jealous, can't wait to put the injectors in

Musclemerc,

Your work and attention to detail is very impressive. Also many thanks for the photos and write-ups.

Regards,

Ed

Rear Addco with ES bushin Mod

Today I got some work done on Bullyrauder's DTR.

Some of us running the Addco's swaybars went with the ES bushins to avoid the annoying creeking that the Addco bushins are prone to. They bolt right in on the front of the car but only a few of us have put in the extra time and effort to make the ES bushins work on the rear of the car so here is a how to.

If you look at the stock bushin strap you will easily see why the bushin upgrade is avoided (there's only one bolt hole). Remove the strap and throw it in your parts bin. But before you set them aside make some markings where the stock bushin is located ** this is very important if you expect to stay within the factory swaybar specs**, next make sure to use quality hardware I chose stage8's with a coating and 7/16" coarse thread. You will need some flat stock to make a mounting base for the bushin strap, use the strap as a template and drill the bolt holes in the flat stock using both the bushin strap and the markings made earlier to locate the bushin. At this point clean the surface on the axle bracket and weld the flat stock into place **please use a welders blanket to make sure you dont ignite the gas tank** after you get them welded in do a test fit on the bushin and strap, if everything is OK repeat the process on the other side. Now you can pack the bushins with marine grease and install the swaybar. I chose to use the Addco endlinks on the rear swaybar because they have limited movement and will work great as is.

Freaking A+++ thread dude.

I got the sway bars and proguard coming so this thread will help me a great deal.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    great post!, i like the way it mounts, looks stronger than the factory set up.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information