MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > Marauder Community > The Lounge

The Lounge All OFF-TOPIC, marauder unrelated posts must go here. Subforum: Photography Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Another satisfied customer!!!!
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH
Age: 11
Posts: 5,998
Trader: (40)
Lets see if we can get together and help this dog.

I was reading a thread on CVN, and normally wouldn't even post a thread off the board, but after reading the story, I thought I would see if the group on here could help this animal with surgery and vet bills.

We as a group recently helped a fellow MM owner with getting his car back together after a theft and recovery, I see this a equally worthy cause.

Link to the collection site.....

http://www.indiegogo.com/Pi

Link to the CVN page....

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...gonew=1#UNREAD

Most of us have animals, and we know that they are like our kids, lets band together and help this one.
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Bigdogjim's Avatar
Bigdogjim Bigdogjim is offline
Back in the game!
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lawrence Twp., NJ
Age: 63
Posts: 14,212
Trader: (1)
Yes! After all it's a dogs life.
__________________
Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 AM
Guittard22's Avatar
Guittard22 Guittard22 is offline
punish the road
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westport, Ma
Age: 29
Posts: 2,809
Trader: (30)
Were can we send a paypal to ? This pup should not be put down .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Another satisfied customer!!!!
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH
Age: 11
Posts: 5,998
Trader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
Were can we send a paypal to ? This pup should not be put down .

Paypal is in this link..... http://www.indiegogo.com/Pi

You have to click on the "contribute" button, it will let you send Pay Pal.
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2012, 06:17 AM
RubberCtyRauder's Avatar
RubberCtyRauder RubberCtyRauder is offline
WeiŖbirke PlŁnderer
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast OH
Age: 48
Posts: 1,985
Trader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
Were can we send a paypal to ? This pup should not be put down .

It's in the first link...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/135471/pledges/new
__________________
2004 SB w/Trilogy 48
455 RWHP/442 TQ
4:10, 31 Spline Axles, 2.8 Pulley
Diablo MAFia, Aeromotive 340
Metco C/A and Watts
Ceramic Coated Kooks
Wilwood fronts, TCE Lines
Driveshaft Hoop, Widened Rear Rims
Nitto 555
Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges
Badgeless Grille, Defyant Lower Mod
Head Cooling Mod, UPR Catch Can
Diamond Pistons, Eagle Rods, Blue Cam Covers
Sunroof, Window Tint, Rear Spoiler
X-cal4 tuned by MO's Speed Shop
Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.


R.I.P.
Rex "SC Cheesehead"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Another satisfied customer!!!!
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH
Age: 11
Posts: 5,998
Trader: (40)
I honestly cannot believe this link was looked at 120+ times and no one has donated, I guess if we were fixing a Marauder, it would be different?

IMO, this community has changed, people cannot even spare $5 for an animal that is in need of medical help....
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:07 AM
justbob's Avatar
justbob justbob is offline
Sick-Speed play toy
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Behind that famous burrito joint
Age: 40
Posts: 14,222
Trader: (9)
Darren, I like you so I hope you don't take this in the wrong way. I feel for this dog and it makes me sick to see him like this and I am dumbfounded to think that any Vet would practice in this manner. But, he would have been in a lot less pain if they would have just put him down. I have had dogs, cats, and snakes and even though I have loved every last one of them almost as much like a family member, I have never once been ready to pay for something major. I'd like to feel that in the last year or so that for once in my wreckless life I have finally gotten myself in a good financial state and would possibly reconsider when something like this would arise with my now one and only cat, but I could not promise it.

I give my animals the absolute best as oppossed to being strays and I take pride in that. But when talking numbers such as this, its time to let them go. The only time I went a different route is when my St. Bernard developed hip displaisia. I was looking at numbers from $5-8,000 in Vet bills, but she was a damn good dog, still young and healthy otherwise and the Vet suggested I give her to a local St. Bernard rescue that will have the money to fix her up. I have cried very little in my life, but this was one of them. It kills me to never have known the outcome to this day and I also will not allow myself such a beautifull animal again because I failed on her.

Sorry for the speech, and very sorry if I offended any here, but a dog is a dog and if you can't afford it, you shouldn't have the luxury and responsibilty of parenting it. You are very right about comparing this to a stupid car, as it should be a no-brainer but after all that kid needed wheels to work and make money. For that comparison ONLY I will donate $20. Although a pitifull amount, it is something. And if everyone that viewed this would have only put up $11 this problem would be solved. I do a LOT of freebie work and donate a LOT of parts and material, why can't Vet's do the same... There is a time to make a buck, and there is a time to give back. I can't BELIEVE a Vet would do something like this.

I may be cold hearted when it becomes man vs. beast, but we all have an ugly side, fortionately I have matured at least 5% since puberty. Peace.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
__________________


Cobra short block #118 Trilogy / 2.8 pulley /+4# lower / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / Crower stage 2 blower cams / 60# inj. / -8 fuel line / Aeromotive 340 pump / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Midwest Driveshaft custom Cromoly spicer 1350 telescoping shaft / 90MM MAF with MAFia / JLT / 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Custom D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm 461/487 by Tim @ Modular Powerhouse.

Last edited by justbob; 06-24-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Another satisfied customer!!!!
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH
Age: 11
Posts: 5,998
Trader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbob View Post
Darren, I like you so I hope you don't take this in the wrong way. I feel for this dog and it makes me sick to see him like this and I am dumbfounded to think that any Vet would practice in this manner. But, he would have been in a lot less pain if they would have just put him down. I have had dogs, cats, and snakes and even though I have loved every last one of them almost as much like a family member, I have never once been ready to pay for something major. I'd like to feel that in the last year or so that for once in my wreckless life I have finally gotten myself in a good financial state and would possibly reconsider when something like this would arise with my now one and only cat, but I could not promise it.

I give my animals the absolute best as oppossed to being strays and I take pride in that. But when talking numbers such as this, its time to let them go. The only time I went a different route is when my St. Bernard developed hip displaisia. I was looking at numbers from $5-8,000 in Vet bills, but she was a damn good dog, still young and healthy otherwise and the Vet suggested I give her to a local St. Bernard rescue that will have the money to fix her up. I have cried very little in my life, but this was one of them. It kills me to never have known the outcome to this day and I also will not allow myself such a beautifull animal again because I failed on her.

Sorry for the speech, and very sorry if I offended any here, but a dog is a dog and if you can't afford it, you shouldn't have the luxury and responsibilty of parenting it. You are very right about comparing this to a stupid car, as it should be a no-brainer but after all that kid needed wheels to work and make money. For that comparison ONLY I will donate $20. Although a pitifull amount, it is something. And if everyone that viewed this would have only put up $11 this problem would be solved. I do a LOT of freebie work and donate a LOT of parts and material, why can't Vet's do the same... There is a time to make a buck, and there is a time to give back. I can't BELIEVE a Vet would do something like this.

I may be cold hearted when it becomes man vs. beast, but we all have an ugly side, fortionately I have matured at least 5% since puberty. Peace.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
No offense what so ever. You are right on more than one account in your post, the vet should be doing the work for free or a discount, as my vet's that I use do, additionally, if you are going to foster rescue's, you need to be able to take care of them, both emotionally & financially. I have given my support both ways locally, and financially for out of town rescues, that's just me.

As far as the MM in Fla, I donated, but my gut says if you can't afford insurance for the car, you shouldn't have had it in the first place, but as a collective, we got it back on the road.

As far as putting down an animal for the $$$ it takes to save them, I'll put down the $$$ before I put an animal down. I put 4k in 3 months into 2 puppies I saved from a puppy mill, both are alive and happy today, 1 lives with my wife and I, honestly, it's the best money I ever spent. Everyone is different, we all have different priorities and finances, I can understand that, I also know that most people will p1ss away money on useless things and not donate to help save a life.

Not to get on a soapbox, but look at campaign donations, millions of dollars donated to elect someone into a public office, but the same people won't give a nickle to a homeless family on the street, or anyone else for that matter. So my expectations were just a little more based on past times where people helped others who needed it. But it's all good, I tried, and I made a donation, if other ante' up a couple of bucks, great, if not, well..... I know where I will stand on the next round of "help me fix my car".... just sayin'....
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
justbob's Avatar
justbob justbob is offline
Sick-Speed play toy
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Behind that famous burrito joint
Age: 40
Posts: 14,222
Trader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post


As far as the MM in Fla, I donated, but my gut says if you can't afford insurance for the car, you shouldn't have had it in the first place, but as a collective, we got it back on the road.



I know where I will stand on the next round of "help me fix my car".... just sayin'....
I couldn't agree more on insurance.

Also, I am done with the money donations here. I don't expect a card or a hug for that matter, but to not even send a simple PM just saying thank you burns my ass! Not. A. One. from any that I have contibuted on. That is nothing short of a slap in the face.

I will just stick to local charities whether it be MM's or free the midgets from people like me or whatever else floats my boat.

Just glad there is people out there such as yourself willing to help and expect nothing in return. If whatever it is works even a little, then you can at least say you tried. That's what I do.


Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
__________________


Cobra short block #118 Trilogy / 2.8 pulley /+4# lower / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / Crower stage 2 blower cams / 60# inj. / -8 fuel line / Aeromotive 340 pump / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Midwest Driveshaft custom Cromoly spicer 1350 telescoping shaft / 90MM MAF with MAFia / JLT / 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Custom D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm 461/487 by Tim @ Modular Powerhouse.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Guittard22's Avatar
Guittard22 Guittard22 is offline
punish the road
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westport, Ma
Age: 29
Posts: 2,809
Trader: (30)
Thanks Spectragod for posting this up on mm.net hope we can get to the goal for this dog and save him . I am a dog lover and could never see my black lab like this . I sent my paypal hope the best for this little guy.

Last edited by Guittard22; 06-24-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Bigdogjim's Avatar
Bigdogjim Bigdogjim is offline
Back in the game!
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lawrence Twp., NJ
Age: 63
Posts: 14,212
Trader: (1)
You know one way to look at is just this simple.

If I do nothing then who will step up?
__________________
Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Another satisfied customer!!!!
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH
Age: 11
Posts: 5,998
Trader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbob View Post
I couldn't agree more on insurance.

Also, I am done with the money donations here. I don't expect a card or a hug for that matter, but to not even send a simple PM just saying thank you burns my ass! Not. A. One. from any that I have contibuted on. That is nothing short of a slap in the face.

I will just stick to local charities whether it be MM's or free the midgets from people like me or whatever else floats my boat.

Just glad there is people out there such as yourself willing to help and expect nothing in return. If whatever it is works even a little, then you can at least say you tried. That's what I do.


Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
I'm all about saving the midgets, let me know where to send money.

And let me be the first to say "thank you" for helping.
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Spectragod's Avatar
Spectragod Spectragod is offline
Another satisfied customer!!!!
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OH
Age: 11
Posts: 5,998
Trader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
You know one way to look at is just this simple.

If I do nothing then who will step up?
Is that the question you would want someone to ask themselves if you were in need of help?

So far, others have stepped up......and you?
__________________
I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 PM
kernie's Avatar
kernie kernie is offline
'That' brother
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 1,243
Trader: (0)
Of course you can save\help 10 HUMAN BEINGS in 3rd world countries for the same money as one dog in our neck of the woods, but hey whaddu i know.

Meanwhile, millions of healthy dogs are put down every year.



I wasn't going to respond to this silly thread till ya got all pissy.
__________________
2003 300B DBP Marauder
Born 2/4/2003
Adopted 8/17/2010
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Bigdogjim's Avatar
Bigdogjim Bigdogjim is offline
Back in the game!
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lawrence Twp., NJ
Age: 63
Posts: 14,212
Trader: (1)
Lightbulb Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
Is that the question you would want someone to ask themselves if you were in need of help?

So far, others have stepped up......and you?
To which event do you refer?
__________________
Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets see them trees Black_Noise The Lounge 14 12-11-2009 09:05 PM
Lets see those computers DTRMiguel The Lounge 27 11-18-2009 06:59 PM
Lets do this cammer's SILVERSURFER03 The Lounge 13 10-22-2009 02:20 PM
Lets Try This Again......Moroso Anyone???? ghost03 Sunshine State Marauders 7 09-21-2006 08:46 AM
lets get this going Black_Noise The Lounge 5 04-08-2006 09:38 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 - MercuryMarauder.net