PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Carlisle All Fords Registration

Bluerauder
12-31-2015, 09:52 AM
Holiday Sale runs November 27th through December 31, 2015. Save a total of 20% ($11.00) on showfield registrations!

Register before Midnight tonight to get the 20% Discount !!

If you can't make tonight's deadline, you can still save 10% ($5.50) by Registering for the 2016 Carlisle Ford Nationals Showfield by 2 May under the Gate & Go Program.

Registration includes weekend admission for two people. To qualify for the 10% Gate-N-Go pre-registration discount and have your entry window sticker mailed to you, please pre-register prior to May 2nd, 2016 at midnight EST. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Carlisle Registration here >>>>> http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

We have several classes again this year. Select your class during the registration process.

1. Class 200 -- 2003 and 2004 Mercury Marauder (Stock)
2. Class 201 -- 2003 Mercury Marauder (Modified)
3. Class 202 -- 2004. Mercury Marauder (Modified)
4. Class 238 -- 1963 to 1970 Mercury Marauder

Make sure to indicate your car club as "MercuryMarauder.Net".

jimbok1951
12-31-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks Charlie, I got in on the holiday sale.

vkirkend
12-31-2015, 02:43 PM
thanks Charlie, i'm in!

O's Fan Rich
12-31-2015, 02:54 PM
WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!:depress: :bigcry::bigcry:

Mr. Man
12-31-2015, 03:57 PM
Thanks Charlie, I got in on the holiday sale. Thanks for the reminder, Jim! Charlie beat me to the punch on getting the word out. :P

Hint, Rich, it's a nice drive up to PA from Florida, or so I hear....:)

Bluerauder
01-01-2016, 07:39 AM
It is never too early to start thinking about the Carlisle All Ford Nationals and making your plans to be on Marauder Mountain with the rest of the gang. Mark your calendars for the 2016 Event from 3-5 June 2016. See ya there !!!

Bluerauder
01-15-2016, 06:59 AM
:bump: just for the heck of it !! Hotel info to be coming soon.

Red Rum
01-15-2016, 08:37 AM
I was going to go last year. But it is a 4 and a half hour ride for me. From NYC and to go overthere for a day. It makes no sense. You all I know are going to have a ball. It is just too long a ride. And I can't go the weekend for I work 6 days a week. So once again. I will miss it. May you all have a awesome time.

jsignorelli
01-16-2016, 07:44 AM
I have been registered since October 3rd.

We science guys like to have all the ducks in order before we buy the shotgun to go duck hunting. Now if could just figure out which end to point at the ducks.........!

Bigdogjim
01-17-2016, 12:53 AM
Is there any way we can as group get into ONE HOTEL??

I really did not like being splintered.

I know we have like and dislikes over brands, location, price.

There should be a way to roll into one location.

Just my thoughts.

jsignorelli
01-17-2016, 06:16 AM
For the past few years, Paula has been making arrangements with a fine hotel in the Harrisburg area. We get the same wing. She arranges for a special group rate. Most of the Marauder Hill gang has been staying there. We go to dinner as a group on Thursday night near the hotel to the Texas Road House. Then we meet in the hotel restaurant for breakfast (as a group). And finally, we ride in a caravan to the show field.

Ms. Denmark
01-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Is there any way we can as group get into ONE HOTEL??

I really did not like being splintered.

I know we have like and dislikes over brands, location, price.

There should be a way to roll into one location.

Just my thoughts. That's your answer, Jim. :D

Seriously though, we do not and have never had an official hotel for Carlisle. If you recall, Paul did not include arranging for a specific hotel as part of the planning. People stayed all over the place based on their own preferences, as they continue to do today. Eric and I tried the Hotel Carlisle once and then tried the Carlisle Hampton the next year. We weren't very happy with either one based on $$$$, comfort & amenities, size of parking lot and bumper to bumper crawl to the show field. We started getting blocks of rooms at The Central Hotel (Best Western) for anyone coming to Carlisle, after enjoying it during MV9. We think it is a better value and love the huge parking lot, breakfast and short, scenic ride to the show field. We still have not found a better option for price and amenities, so once again I have a block of rooms available at The Central Hotel Best Western in Harrisburg for anybody who needs or wants one. I'll post it up today and if more of you want to stay there than the number of rooms in the block, I can get more rooms, as long as I know well in advance.
I'm trying, Jim, I'm trying......:P

Ms. Denmark
01-17-2016, 08:53 AM
Alert! I posted the Hotel Reservation info in a separate thread and tried it out. The room rate is WRONG (not what I negotiated-too high) so I will be contacting the hotel on Monday to get the correct rate to show up for our block.

stryker
01-17-2016, 10:18 AM
:cool: I wish someday I could be in one of those Marauder meeting to see with my own eyes all those M-Panthers in live instead trough a computer screen. :(

jsignorelli
01-17-2016, 10:20 AM
I forgot the best part about the Central Hotel that Paula has made arrangements with: they give me the ice for the cooler full of Sangria.

Bigdogjim
01-18-2016, 01:02 AM
That's your answer, Jim. :D
I'll post it up today and if more of you want to stay there than the number of rooms in the block, I can get more rooms, as long as I know well in advance.
I'm trying, Jim, I'm trying......:P

You read me wrong Paula. I am not in any way critical of your efforts at the Central Hotel.

I just put it out there that I think it would be nice if we had one hotel like we do at Marauderville's.

Besides the Ford Weekend overlaps the Hershey Bus gathering so I have not thought what I am doing as of yet.

jimbok1951
01-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Big Dog, I have gone with Paula's picks for years (Paula puts a lot of recon into selections) & never disappointed, this is a another good one, been there, real nice, good price, no bed bugs, can eat off the floor in your room, breakfast is awesome with the gang, short drive to show field, great parking lot, plenty of room to hang & party, it's a no brainer. Go for it.

The other Jim kelly

Bigdogjim
01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Big Dog, I have gone with Paula's picks for years (Paula puts a lot of recon into selections) & never disappointed, this is a another good one, been there, real nice, good price, no bed bugs, can eat off the floor in your room, breakfast is awesome with the gang, short drive to show field, great parking lot, plenty of room to hang & party, it's a no brainer. Go for it.

The other Jim kelly

I understand all that Jim my point was trying to get everyone together.

It is not the end of the world, it's not a deal breaker. I just said it would be nice.

I have enough hotel points to pretty much stay for free anywhere:)

jimbok1951
01-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Got ya, I agree would be nice for all in one spot, good looking out. Hope you can make it.

Bluerauder
01-28-2016, 03:52 PM
We have several classes again this year. Select your class during the registration process.

Make sure to indicate your car club as "MercuryMarauder.Net".

Ms. Denmark
01-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Alert! I posted the Hotel Reservation info in a separate thread and tried it out. The room rate is WRONG (not what I negotiated-too high) so I will be contacting the hotel on Monday to get the correct rate to show up for our block.

Everything is sorted out with our group rate at The Central Hotel in Harrisburg, and ready for anyone who wants one to reserve your room. Please go to the Carlisle Hotel Thread post #1 for all the details. The rooms come with a full hot breakfast each morning in the onsite Irish Pub. This is not clear on the reservation page so whatever you do, do not select the breakfast option from the drop down menu. You'll get the same big breakfast at no extra cost. Hope to see you there!

DWSTANG67
01-29-2016, 10:49 PM
My leave was just approved for this event. so unless something else comes up[ i can make the event

a_d_a_m
02-05-2016, 09:41 PM

Make sure to indicate your car club as "MercuryMarauder.Net". Do all of these classes end up on 'Marauder Hill'?

I'm looking at my schedule for June and it appears that I'm off work so...I'm actually considering this for the first time (especially since I'm not doing Power Tour)

Ms. Denmark
02-06-2016, 06:23 AM
Do all of these classes end up on 'Marauder Hill'?

I'm looking at my schedule for June and it appears that I'm off work so...I'm actually considering this for the first time (especially since I'm not doing Power Tour)

Yes! the '03-04 Marauders are all on the Mountain. (Assuming our club is assigned the same location again this year). Really hope you can make it this time. :beer:

Bluerauder
02-06-2016, 06:31 AM
Do all of these classes end up on 'Marauder Hill'?

Classes 200, 201, And 202 will all be together. Class 238 will probably be slightly down the hill with the older Classics from the 60s.

The Showfield map showing specific locations will usually be published on the Carlisle Events site about 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The 2003-2004 Marauders have been at the top of the hill for the past 5 years so it is very likely that we will be there again.

jsignorelli
02-06-2016, 06:46 AM
As I recall, most of our members stay on the hill and could care less about the "awards" from Carlisle Events. We have our own awards.

So, who is to stop class 238
from parking on the hill and enjoying the company of us crazy "new car" passionistas?

courtmarshall
02-06-2016, 07:02 AM
I was going to go last year. But it is a 4 and a half hour ride for me. From NYC and to go overthere for a day. It makes no sense. You all I know are going to have a ball. It is just too long a ride. And I can't go the weekend for I work 6 days a week. So once again. I will miss it. May you all have a awesome time.

For what its worth I respect your sentiment. I would say the trip is worth it even if for the day. The camaraderie is worth it alone. This is a great group to hang out with. I may be the extreme outlier on the down and back in one day. I think that I have made the Carlisle trip down and back 4 times. Of the 4 times it has been over 340 miles. I have also stayed overnight twice.
The trick for me is to already have your window sticker mailed to you. Leave at 2AM. Get to the show field prior to 7AM and nap until 10. Do a walk after the nap (the dyno usually wakes me up) to see the sites. Come back for lunch and conversation. Watch and congratulate the club awards. Hit the road at 3PM. Home by 8 that night.
To each his own on that one. Find a wingman to ride with you. You will enjoy the adventure if you can get the time off work.
Agree or disagree. I am only offering a perspective with respect.

jsignorelli
02-06-2016, 07:44 PM
I bring the Sangria. Taking a nap by glass #2 is easy.

a_d_a_m
02-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Really hope you can make it this time. Me too.
I talked to Dad, he's interested but wants to sit down and hammer out some details since we would be splitting costs on the hotel room but perhaps driving down separately (he's got a 2003 Mustang GT).
Otherwise, I may just come solo.

Ms. Denmark
02-09-2016, 03:26 AM
Me too.
I talked to Dad, he's interested but wants to sit down and hammer out some details since we would be splitting costs on the hotel room but perhaps driving down separately (he's got a 2003 Mustang GT).
Otherwise, I may just come solo.
Hey, whatever works. We'll be happy to see you.

jsignorelli
02-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I have a son who brings my 1970 Boss, and a friend who drives my '93 Super Mod GT. They come for the one day, (Saturday).

Joanne and I spend the weekend with friends on the hill with the Marauder.

Red91LX
02-12-2016, 02:51 AM
I have a son who brings my 1970 Boss

Gotta love the 1970 BOSS! :D:cool:

F1erceK
03-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Stupid question removed.

:cool5:

DEFYANT
03-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Defyant Marauder: Registered :D:beer::burnout::burnout:

RichardP
03-24-2016, 08:21 AM
I have a son who brings my 1970 Boss, and a friend who drives my '93 Super Mod GT. They come for the one day, (Saturday).

Joanne and I spend the weekend with friends on the hill with the Marauder.My new best friend here. 1970 boss? Doesn't get any better than that!

RichardP
03-24-2016, 08:40 AM
I look forward to the event. its a beautiful drive from Baltimore when taking the back roads!

Bluerauder
03-29-2016, 05:42 AM
:bump: for those who haven't registered for the Showfield yet.

Bluerauder
04-24-2016, 03:42 AM
Just one week left to register under the "Gate & Go" with a 10% Discount to get your Showfield window stickers in the mail. After that, you will have to wait in line and register at the Gate. Save time & money with the Gate & Go.

So far, the MercuryMarauder.Net Club is in 10th Place in Registrations.

Bluerauder
04-26-2016, 05:56 AM
Only 6 days left to register under the "Gate & Go" program and get the 10% discount and your Showfield stickers in the mail.

Bluerauder
04-28-2016, 03:52 AM
:bump: Only 4 more days to get your Gate & Go for the 2016 Carlisle All Fords Event. Don't miss the 10% discount or the chance to get your Showfield stickers in the mail.

Bluerauder
04-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Only 3 more days to Register and get the "Gate & Go" stickers in the mail.

The Cut-Off for "Gate & Go" is midnight, Monday, 2 May this year. Stickers will be mailed out beginning around 15 May.

NavySeabee
04-29-2016, 06:47 AM
Has anyone found a schedule of events during Carlisle? What day do we meet at the showfield, Saturday or Sunday? I'm picking up an old navy buddy in Harrisburg. Just want to make sure I'm picking him up on the right day. Thanks!!

I was planning to attend last year but had to bail out. This will be my first Carlisle event.

-Clueless.

Bluerauder
04-29-2016, 07:27 AM
Has anyone found a schedule of events during Carlisle? What day do we meet at the showfield, Saturday or Sunday? I'm picking up an old navy buddy in Harrisburg. Just want to make sure I'm picking him up on the right day. Thanks!!

I was planning to attend last year but had to bail out. This will be my first Carlisle event.

-Clueless.

The "official" 2016 Carlisle All Fords Directory and Schedule of Events with the Showfield Map will probably not be available on their site until about 2-3 weeks prior. Look for it on the Carlisle Events site between 14-21 May 2016. I'll post the link here when it becomes available. Until then, check here >>>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx

About 70-75% of the MM.Net Membership arrives at Carlisle before Noon on Friday. The rest show up early on Saturday since that is the big day for Showfield Voting and such. If you want to see and enjoy the entire experience, I'd recommend getting there on Friday.

There is a lot to see and do at Carlisle even if you plan to be there for the full 3 days. You will have to be somewhat flexible and "play it by ear" since I think everyone's itinerary varies depending on their particular tastes and interests. You can do and see as much or a little as you like. You may have to adjust your plans as needed for the weather. Rain has visited Carlisle at least one day during every one that I have attended (except 2014).

Below is a Sample Itinerary based on my experience(s) over the past 8 years. I try to see as much as possible and mix it up with MM.Net events and socializing up on the hill. The Itinerary works for me; but most times and durations are approximate and flexible. I arrive at Carlisle about 11 AM on Friday.

Friday, 3 June 2016

7:00 AM – Carlisle Showfield Gates Open

11:00 AM – Arrive at Showfield, Clean and prep car. Initial meet & greet socialization

12:00 Noon – Visit the Food Court for Lunch. Vendors under the Grandstand/Building Z (Collectibles and other merchandise).

1:00 PM – Visit Building T (Featured Cars for 2016) and Building Y (Special Edition cars) displays. Stop in the Carlisle Store.

2:00 PM – Visit the Car Corral and check out the approximately 250 cars for sale

3:00 PM – Socialize on Marauder Mountain

4:00 PM – Socialize and browse the Blue Showfield cars

4:00 PM – (Optional) Visit to the Expo Center for the Ford Ride and Drive experience.

5:00 PM – Head back to the hotel and Check In (time dependent on weather)

6:00 PM – Shower, hit the pool/hottub (time permitting), change clothes

7:30 PM – Dinner at TBD

Saturday, 4 June 2016

7:00 AM – Breakfast at Hotel, Gates Open @ 7 AM

8:00 AM – Arrive at Showfield, Clean and prep cars.

9:00 AM – Check Out the Yellow Showfield and get pics from Grandstand

10:00 AM – Check out the Red Showfield, Anniversary or Featured Car Area, and the Ford Vendor Midway

11:00 AM - 1:00 PM – Lunch on your own at the Food Court or Vendor Areas if there is no organized Potluck MM.Net Picnic/BBQ at the tent

1:00 PM -- In past years there was Car show balloting/In-Voting on Marauder Mountain. Multiple MM.Net classes. Unknown status this year on MM.Net sponsored trophies if any.

2:00 PM -- Carlisle Events voting in Blue Showfield area (Vote for your favorites in the Carlisle Show Classes). Limited to Blue classes if you are registered in the Blue Showfield. You will have different sheets if you are registered in Yellow and Red Showfields with other F-L-M models.

4:00 PM – Ms. Carlisle Bikini Contest at the Grandstand area. Turn in Carlisle ballots/voting sheet (for the cars ... not the bikinis :P).

5:00 PM – Burnout Contest at the Grandstand area. Back to hotel, shower, hit the pool if time permits, and change clothes

6:00 PM – (Optional) Street Parade Line-Up time. Parade through town of Carlisle at 6:45 PM.

7:30 PM – Dinner at TBD

Sunday, 5 June 2016

7:00 AM – Breakfast at Hotel, Check Out, Gates Open @ 7 AM

8:00 AM – Arrive at the Showfield. Visit Building G (Featured Cars on Display) and Outside Vendor areas (i.e. parts, tools, toys, diecasts, models, collectibles, everything under the sun)

9:00 AM -- Carlisle Show Class Award Winners list posted near Grandstand registration

10:00 AM – Socialize at MM.Net tent area

11:00 AM – Visit displays missed so far or “Go Backs”

12:00 Noon -- Wander the showfields and displays. Take lots of pics.

1:00 PM – Carlisle Awards/Winners Parade. Wrap up and good-byes with folks that show up on Sunday (about half of Saturday’s peak attendance based on past experience)

2:00 PM -- Depart for home.

NavySeabee
04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Outstanding! Thanks for the info Bluerauder. See you there.

Bluerauder
04-30-2016, 03:46 AM
Only 2 more days to Register and get the "Gate & Go" stickers in the mail.

The Cut-Off for "Gate & Go" is midnight, Monday, 2 May this year. Stickers will be mailed out beginning around 15 May.

Comin' in Hot
04-30-2016, 06:26 AM
I just registered

Bluerauder
05-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Only 1 more day to Register and get the "Gate & Go" stickers in the mail.

Bluerauder
05-02-2016, 03:32 AM
Today is the last day to Register for the Showfield to get the "Gate & Go" stickers in the mail. Must do it by Midnight tonight..

BUCKWHEAT
05-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Emailed registration to get into the MM group 201 & get the Pass to get in. We will arrive Friday, noon-ish, (my son and I). Any tricks I need to know when arriving to avoid big lines? Any other hints to avoid rookie mistakes? We are staying at the MM designated motel. See ya-all there!
John

Bluerauder
05-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Emailed registration to get into the MM group 201 & get the Pass to get in. We will arrive Friday, noon-ish, (my son and I). Any tricks I need to know when arriving to avoid big lines? Any other hints to avoid rookie mistakes? We are staying at the MM designated motel. See ya-all there!
John

Glad you can make it, John !!

Just put the Carlisle Showfield sticker on your windshield before you arrive (driver's side top corner) and you will be able to drive right through the gate. Main entry is at Gate #3 (GPS Address is 1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle, PA). The line in moves pretty quick.

Stay to the left and head for the high ground. All of the Marauder classes are usually up on the hill with 1-2 rows designated for each class. Your class designation will be printed on the sticker and may not match the 200, 201 or 202 sign-up numbers. The numbers on the sticker will start with a letter to designate the showfield color (i.e. Bxxx = Blue, Rxxx = Red, and Yxxx for Yellow Showfield.

When you find us, just pull in next to the 2003 Supercharged MMs.

BUCKWHEAT
05-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Thanks, Bluerauder! Piece of cake. Look forward to the event. Will also like to look for MM parts and for Fox Body parts. Should be fun.

jsignorelli
05-02-2016, 06:39 PM
What kind of Fox body parts do you need?

I have several Fox bodies (88 LX Convert., 89 - GT Hatch, 89 LX 5.0 Coupe, 93 GT Hatch,) and a pose of friends who may have what you need.

Bluerauder
05-03-2016, 04:25 AM
If you missed your Chance to Register for the Showfield to get the "Gate & Go" stickers in the mail, have no Fear. You can still drive in through Gate #3 and pull into the lot on the side and sign up when you arrive..

For those who registered in advance for the "Gate & Go", your Showfield Stickers will be mailed out beginning around 15 May.

BUCKWHEAT
05-08-2016, 07:21 PM
What kind of Fox body parts do you need?

I have several Fox bodies (88 LX Convert., 89 - GT Hatch, 89 LX 5.0 Coupe, 93 GT Hatch,) and a pose of friends who may have what you need.

Finally got a list from my son for Fox body parts. I'm not up on the specifics for Fox body cars, but here is the list:

-Tubular A-arms
-Painted 4-lug Cobra R wheels. 17-8's are OK
-A real roll bar or the Styling Bar for a convertible
-Rear 4-lug disc brake setup, either Turbo Coupe full rear end, or conversion parts

Thanks for your help.
John

Red91LX
05-15-2016, 01:37 AM
For those who registered in advance for the "Gate & Go", your Showfield Stickers will be mailed out beginning around 15 May.

Got mine in the mail on Friday 13th...

Mr. Man
05-15-2016, 07:36 AM
Yup got one, too.

HammerDown
05-15-2016, 09:07 AM
Received our stickers May 12th

Bluerauder
05-16-2016, 05:09 AM
Got mine on Friday, 13 May .... Y197 Yellow Showfield, '03-'04 Stock Marauder. Waiting on the Showfield map to see where we are.

The Taurus SHO is in Y149 so the cars won't be back to back like last year. Hope they aren't too far apart.

BUCKWHEAT
05-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Got my sticker on Fri the 13th. Y202. I am adding extra fan capacity b/4 the treck east...two fans on heat exchanger & one on oil cooler.

Bluerauder
05-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Got my sticker on Fri the 13th. Y202. I am adding extra fan capacity b/4 the treck east...two fans on heat exchanger & one on oil cooler.

Check that number again. I would have guessed that our numbers would be Y197, Y198, and Y199 all together in sequence. They are different than the 200, 201, and 202 classes that we registered in. When they assigned the Showfield color, the number usually changes.

jsignorelli
05-16-2016, 03:41 PM
My number is in section Y203 - Yellow

Bluerauder
05-16-2016, 04:18 PM

Sure makes me wonder how they have the Showfield layed out this year. The numbers have always been sequential. Guess we will find out when we get there.

jsignorelli
05-17-2016, 04:46 AM
If the events people got it wrong, we can always just do our own thing. In all my years of going to Carlisle with the other clubs, nobody from the events team has ever spoken to us. I'll assume that it hasn't changed. They point to a location when you enter the gates, and then you are on your own. My Mustang club parks together, even though we have cars spanning all the generations and classes. We go in different directions as we enter the gate, we drive around looking lost, and then just happen to meet at a common site. Carlisle Events has gotten so big that they can't, or will not, police themselves.

71cyclone
05-17-2016, 05:14 AM
Continental section 251

Bluerauder
05-17-2016, 05:22 AM
If the events people got it wrong, we can always just do our own thing.

I don't think that the Carlisle Events people got it wrong. I'm sure that we will all be clustered around the MercuryMarauder.Net Tent. It's beginning to look like we may be in a different area this year. If the Mustang Flag is up on "our" Hill, it might make sense to put all the Mustangs up there. If that is the case, then we may be down on the flat like we were back in 2008. Regardless, this is sheer speculation until we see the Showfield Map in about a week or so.

Mr. Man
05-17-2016, 10:11 AM
Are you sure your looking at the correct pass. I imagine you get 2 or three. Ours is Y-197, has a number on it but says nothing about Marauder anything.

Bluerauder
05-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Are you sure your looking at the correct pass. I imagine you get 2 or three. Ours is Y-197, has a number on it but says nothing about Marauder anything.

The sheet from Carlisle that came in the packet tells you more than the sticker. The sticker only has the Yxxx on it. The letter spells out the car/class.

BTW ---- We are on the Mountain again about 1 road to the left of last year. Here's the link >>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Ford-Map.pdf