PDA

View Full Version : MILAN DRAGWAY! IMPORTS vs DOMESTIC TONIGHT!!

MI2QWK4U
05-15-2004, 10:21 AM
I was just reminded of this today...Tonight at Milan is the Domestic vs Import wars. Gates open at 6pm for time trials till 9pm. Eliminations begin at 9:30pm. Lidio, MikesMerc, and Dave (me!) will be there representing the Motor City Crew and our Domestic Muscle with three Trilogy Cars! Anyone else interested in going to show your metal, please come. I have posted the link for info. This should be a blast. Sorry about short notice.....
Dave

INFO LINK (http://www.xceedspeed.com/underthelights.html)

woaface
05-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh wow! Tell us how it goes later!:up: :bounce:

Hack Goby
05-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Damn I wish I was going with you guys this would be fun to video(maybe not) but it`s my wifes big 50 and I am the host and we got about 80 people showing up.Make us look good guys. :up:

MikesMerc
05-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Well, I made my way out to Milan with Lidio and Dave and netted five passes on the night. I battled my inexperience in the seat of the MM and very poor traction the whole night. All night my 60ft times sucked....that's if you wanted to put it nicely too. However, my trap speeds came up very promising in the end.

With my stock radials, a trunk full if ***** (just as I drive it to work), and a half tank of gas I made my first outting. See my sig for specs. It's basically stock aside from the Trilogy kit.

On the first pass the adrenalin was too high, I lost my mind and pounded the pedal at the last yellow. I was almost sideways through most of first gear. I cut a fair light, but made much more smoke and squirrely antics then I did speed out of the gate. Result: a nauseating 2.409 60ft, and a very modest 13.85@103.42. Ouch on the 60ft. My granny coulda got a better jump out of the hole with her Little Rascal. But, hey, not too bad for my first pass in the MM at any strip.

Second time around I preached "okay now, take it easy out of the hole" to my self while in the stagng lanes. After a dry, short burn out to clean the tires, I proceeded to immediately forget everything I was thinking. I again launched with another tire blazing pass at 2.387 60ft 13.679 @106.14. I still got out of the hole slower than a minivan, but now my top end was encouraging indeed!

At this point, two thngs were very apparent. First, I needed way more seat time to figure out how to launch the car with so much torque. I obviously couldn't keep my foot out of it enough. Second, I need waaay more traction from better tires. If I could just get the 60ft under 2.0 I'd be sitting with a 12 sec timeslip.

Lidio and Dave decided to call it a night after the two runs as it was a little late and the track was getting worse after the sunset. I decided to hang and run one more time.

My last dial in run was encouraging. I cut a nice light, brought my 60ft to a very poor but not as hideous 2.210, and hit a 13.342 @ 105.88. :bigcry: My kingdom for some traction!

I was encouraged to go on into elimations with the last pass, so i said what the heck. I dialed in a 13.3 and said lets go. I won my first round when the guy next to me fell asleep at the wheel (yes he even ran a worse 60ft then me :eek: ) I netted a 2.3 60ft 13.473 @105.63

In the second round I was lined up against an automatic GTP. It seemed like a consistent car from what I had seen so far. Anyway, it was my turn to fall asleep with a 1.205 reaction. My sixty foot was still not too bad (relative to my other runs) at a 2.241, but I managed to run him down and not break out with a not much room to spare 13.39 @105.63. That was the best run of the night.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/1366Time13_39.jpg

I was eliminated on round three by my own inexperience in the seat. I'll pass on elaborating on the gore.

Oh well, still very fun and not bad for my first drag strip trip in many years.
I'm glad i already put my order in for widened rims a few weeks back. They should be done soon and ready for some decent rubber. God knows I need it with my cinder block right foot:)

I think 12s will be there with a good traction and decent 60ft as long as its not too hot. At least that's what my trap speed is telling me. I hope to make the track again with new drag radials before things get summer toasty. Sorry for the long post, I thought you guys might enjoy the detail:)

merc406
05-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Well, I made my way out to Milan with Lidio and Dave and netted five passes on the night. I battled my inexperience in the seat of the MM and very poor traction the whole night. All night my 60ft times sucked....that's if you wanted to put it nicely too. However, my trap speeds came up very promising in the end.

With my stock radials, a trunk full if ***** (just as I drive it to work), and a half tank of gas I made my first outting. See my sig for specs. It's basically stock aside from the Trilogy kit.

On the first pass the adrenalin was too high, I lost my mind and pounded the pedal at the last yellow. I was almost sideways through most of first gear. I cut a fair light, but made much more smoke and squirrely antics then I did speed out of the gate. Result: a nauseating 2.409 60ft, and a very modest 13.85@103.42. Ouch on the 60ft. My granny coulda got a better jump out of the hole with her Little Rascal. But, hey, not too bad for my first pass in the MM at any strip.

Second time around I preached "okay now, take it easy out of the hole" to my self while in the stagng lanes. After a dry, short burn out to clean the tires, I proceeded to immediately forget everything I was thinking. I again launched with another tire blazing pass at 2.387 60ft 13.679 @106.14. I still got out of the hole slower than a minivan, but now my top end was encouraging indeed!

At this point, two thngs were very apparent. First, I needed way more seat time to figure out how to launch the car with so much torque. I obviously couldn't keep my foot out of it enough. Second, I need waaay more traction from better tires. If I could just get the 60ft under 2.0 I'd be sitting with a 12 sec timeslip.

Lidio and Dave decided to call it a night after the two runs as it was a little late and the track was getting worse after the sunset. I decided to hang and run one more time.

My last dial in run was encouraging. I cut a nice light, brought my 60ft to a very poor but not as hideous 2.210, and hit a 13.342 @ 105.88. :bigcry: My kingdom for some traction!

I was encouraged to go on into elimations with the last pass, so i said what the heck. I dialed in a 13.3 and said lets go. I won my first round when the guy next to me fell asleep at the wheel (yes he even ran a worse 60ft then me :eek: ) I netted a 2.3 60ft 13.473 @105.63

In the second round I was lined up against an automatic GTP. It seemed like a consistent car from what I had seen so far. Anyway, it was my turn to fall asleep with a 1.205 reaction. My sixty foot was still not too bad (relative to my other runs) at a 2.241, but I managed to run him down and not break out with a not much room to spare 13.39 @105.63. That was the best run of the night.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/1366Time13_39.jpg

I was eliminated on round three by my own inexperience in the seat. I'll pass on elaborating on the gore.

Oh well, still very fun and not bad for my first drag strip trip in many years.
I'm glad i already put my order in for widened rims a few weeks back. They should be done soon and ready for some decent rubber. God knows I need it with my cinder block right foot:)

I think 12s will be there with a good traction and decent 60ft as long as its not too hot. At least that's what my trap speed is telling me. I hope to make the track again with new drag radials before things get summer toasty. Sorry for the long post, I thought you guys might enjoy the detail:)

Need more rubber...... :burnout: :burnout: :rasta:

merc406
05-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Damn I wish I was going with you guys this would be fun to video(maybe not) but it`s my wifes big 50 and I am the host and we got about 80 people showing up.Make us look good guys. :up:

Paul, please wish Linda a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :beer: :beer:

MI2QWK4U
05-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Lidio, Dave, Mike lined up in staging lane:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/252Marauder_0890-med.JPG

Mikes Marauder:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/252Marauder_0891-med.JPG

Dave and Lidio:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/252Marauder_0899-med.JPG

Dave and Lidio:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/252Marauder_0902-med.JPG

Dave and first Victim!:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/252Marauder_0894-med.JPG

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/252Marauder_0896-med.JPG

woaface
05-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Mike, all kinds of weight in the back will cause traction problems as far as I can tell.

I've tried this myself, the less weight the springs have to support the less they will flex down during a hard launch. Just get the junk from your trunk next time:up:

woaface
05-16-2004, 12:03 PM
So how did you men fair against the boys of rice?