PDA

View Full Version : Zaino wins

Bobby Clobber
05-15-2004, 02:05 PM
I know this thread is stale but I'm determined to post my d--- pictures.

The attached says it all, the front end is Zainoed, the other is NXT. They both look great but,

Zaino is easier on/off and deeper and it seems it lasts longer.

i tried to get the direct sun in each picture to show swirls etc. if you're wondering, I can do others if you'd like but my experiment is over.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Petrograde
05-15-2004, 04:41 PM
I used NXT for the first time today. First I used the wax, followed by the spray.

It went on easier than Zaino, and it wasn't difficult to wipe off.

It's kinda hard to tell which is better. They both look pretty good.

My conclusion:
Zaino- the shine is a little better.

Maguiar's NXT- Easier to work with.

Which to choose? I'll still use Zaino when I do complete detail. I'll use the NXT for a quickie shine.

jgc61sr2002
05-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Bobby - Thanks for the comparison. I also think that Zaino is the best wax on the market. :up:

stevengerard
05-15-2004, 07:16 PM
I used NXT again today, second time in a month. It does look good but I'll have to search these threads because this black is so darn hard to clean - get water spots real easy. And there are more swirl spots than I would expect on a brand new '04 car by any manufacturer. Maybe I'll try Zaino as well.

How many times do you all wax your car, I usually did it once every 2-3 months. This car seems to beg for more.

Cobra25
05-15-2004, 07:45 PM
I've used Zaino and NXT . I like NXT a little better. I wax my 2003 Silver Marauder with NXT every 3 weeks.When I wash it I use NXT car wash,works great. I don't know which one last's longer( Zaino-NXT),most of the time my Marauder is in the Garage, Won't take it out in the rain,unless I have too. Trying to keep the mileage down (5,820). Either way, which ever you use both work great.

duhtroll
05-15-2004, 07:54 PM
I like NXT better also. One thing I failed to notice, though. What's the price difference between the two? (no, really)

Thanks,
-A

MarauderMark
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
I also use zaino wax polish followed by the high gloss spray followed again by periodic wiping.as long as the birds leave it alone works great for me :rock:

woaface
05-15-2004, 09:06 PM
I've used Zaino and NXT . I like NXT a little better. I wax my 2003 Silver Marauder with NXT every 3 weeks.When I wash it I use NXT car wash,works great. I don't know which one last's longer( Zaino-NXT),most of the time my Marauder is in the Garage, Won't take it out in the rain,unless I have too. Trying to keep the mileage down (5,820). Either way, which ever you use both work great.
Isn't too much wax bad for your paint? Especially if you have it in a garage and put low miles on it, wouldn't every 2-4 maybe even 5 months be ok?

Patrick
05-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I will try Zaino. Thanks Haggis for the number!! But Can you guess what I use??

MarauderMark
05-15-2004, 10:04 PM
But Can you guess what I use??

Trick photography? :lol:

Patrick
05-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Trick photography? :lol:

No, Not yet!!!!!!!!!!1
:lol: :lol:

Petrograde
05-16-2004, 07:08 AM
How many times do you all wax your car

once a week. :rolleyes:

What's the price difference between the two? (no, really)

Zaino:

Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
$12.95
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
$9.95

Total: $22.90

Maguiar's NXT:

NXT Tech Liquid Wax
$14.88
NXT Spray Wax
$6.96

Total: $21.84

Not much of a difference.

MAD-3R
05-17-2004, 04:43 AM
Isn't too much wax bad for your paint? Especially if you have it in a garage and put low miles on it, wouldn't every 2-4 maybe even 5 months be ok?

During the summer, wax will melt and evaporate off of cars. Zaino won't. Also a good car wash soap will help remove excess wax.

capt512
05-17-2004, 12:05 PM
After many recommendations I went out and bought a bottle of NXT but to my suprise, the NXT didn't have near the shine of Meguiars Gold Class. Some people are now talking about Eagle One nanowax, but I am kind of sceptical on it too.
Meguiar's Gold Class would be great if it lasted longer.
Just my .02.

2005Marauder
05-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Put Zanio on Last Sat. and Sun. Of course it rained Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, no rain was predicted for Fri and Sat. so after pulling the wet MM into the garage on Thursday, I took a 100% white cotton towel that's 100% made in the USA and wiped her down. Very little dirt at all on the towel. Rained Friday night so I had the wife take the Tbird shopping on Sat. Sunday was partly cloudy and no rain predicted to I decided to wash the Tbird.. Anyway she was almost as clean as the MM had been so instead of washing and drying I just used the Zanio K-6 and wiped down the Tbird. Only dirty spots were on the undersides of the rear bumper so I did them last. Anyway, I did not have to wash either cars after four days of driving to/from work in the rain. Using the K-6 may have cost a little more than car wash and water but much quicker and easier. Really impressed with this Zanio.

CRUZTAKER
05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Zaino:

Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
$12.95
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
$9.95

Total: $22.90

Maguiar's NXT:

NXT Tech Liquid Wax
$14.88
NXT Spray Wax
$6.96

Total: $21.84

Not much of a difference.
I'll agree on the price similarity Tom, but there is a BIG difference in quanity between the two products. The Zaino is an 8oz. bottle, the NXT is twice that! Therefore making it a HUGE price difference.

Since niether company is a vendor here, we can have fun with this one. I have both, I use both, but I wax as often as Tom, and I'll say....I like the NXT as much as, or better, and get more product for the money with similar effective results.

2005Marauder
05-18-2004, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=CRUZTAKER]I'll agree on the price similarity Tom, but there is a BIG difference in quanity between the two products. The Zaino is an 8oz. bottle, the NXT is twice that! Therefore making it a HUGE price difference.

Let's clarify the quantity: Zanio POLISH is in the 8 oz. bottle but the Z-6 Gloss Enhancer is 16 oz.

uwsacf
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
I use ONE ounce of Z2 (with ZFX hardener) to do the

Sport -

the Impala -

all my granite countertops -

the fridge -

the stove -

the diswasher -

3 large bathroom mirrors -

my large black lacquer (what else) bedroom pier group with large dresser and armoire....

I use Z6 on the marble tile...

and I buy by the case....

412 coats on the Imp

about 20 on the Sport..

ONLY an abrasive will remove Zaino - even Dawn will not.

price is comparable with NXT..

Previously confirmed Eagle One lover...

I've been doing this since 1962 - best day in my life when I first heard about Zaino 4 years ago.

2005Marauder
05-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, you just confirmed the one BIG problem with Zanio--It's addictive!!

Went out to the garage a couple of times, looked at the great shine on both cars and had this strong urge to put another coat on them. Took a lot of will power to resist. I mean, it's only been two weeks!