PDA

View Full Version : Tune question.

daddyusmaximus
02-18-2016, 09:47 PM
I just came over from the diesel 4x4 truck world 2 months back. I'll be adding mods as money allows, but it seems like a Marauder tune is a one shot deal. I know that many truck tuners have a switch that can change from one tune to another. You can have a MPG tune for the highway, higher HP tunes on different levels... Is there a car tune device that can have more than one tune?

lji372
02-18-2016, 09:51 PM
I just came over from the diesel 4x4 truck world 2 months back. I'll be adding mods as money allows, but it seems like a Marauder tune is a one shot deal. I know that many truck tuners have a switch that can change from one tune to another. You can have a MPG tune for the highway, higher HP tunes on different levels... Is there a car tune device that can have more than one tune?

https://www.sctflash.com/Products/product/SCTESC/sct-eliminator-switch-chip?vehicleYear=2003&vehicleMakeId=22&vehicleModelId=151&vehicleEngineId=67

champ1173
02-18-2016, 10:02 PM

Look up Mo's SPEED SHOP in the Supporting Vendors section. He's done quite a lot of tunes for members here. Myself included. Either buy a SCT Handheld unit and request a tune from him, or buy a unit and tune from him in one shot. PM him and he'll walk you through it.

martyo
02-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Look up Mo's SPEED SHOP in the Supporting Vendors section. He's done quite a lot of tunes for members here. Myself included. Either buy a SCT Handheld unit and request a tune from him, or buy a unit and tune from him in one shot. PM him and he'll walk you through it.

Thanks for the props!

Red Rum
02-19-2016, 08:21 AM
I got a Marty Tune in my 04 DTR. And he gave me three tunes. A emissions tune. A 93 octane tune. For that is the best octane in NYC. And a tune for when I get 4.10 gears. I would just go ahead. And buy a SCT tuner from Marty. And avoid all the back and fouth. Tell him what are your mods. Of what your plans are with the car. He has a awesome price. And you can't go wrong with his tune. More power more MPG.

champ1173
02-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the props!

You're da man! I wouldn't steer people in the wrong direction.

FordNut
02-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Marty can set you up with a great tune. It is possible to put a tune on using a chip which can be programmed with multiple tunes and a switch to choose which one to run. Most people just download a new tune to the PCM these days instead of installing a chip.

1Marauder
02-19-2016, 11:07 PM
+4 for MO! He sent a unit to where I picked my car up from previous owner, tune was easily installed. All this so I didn't have to drive 50 more feet without a tune. It was completely awesome! I didn't want to drive it for two days to all the sites on Rt 66 without it being tuned!

martyo
02-20-2016, 03:10 AM
+4 for MO! He sent a unit to where I picked my car up from previous owner, tune was easily installed. All this so I didn't have to drive 50 more feet without a tune. It was completely awesome! I didn't want to drive it for two days to all the sites on Rt 66 without it being tuned!

I forgot about that!

Lol