PDA

View Full Version : Finally met the owner today

UncleLar
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
I've been seeing a certain Black Marauder all over the place here in the city,and had memorized the first 3 #'s of the plate.Today I was going for a putt on the hog eastbound on Diversey east of Halstead and I saw a Black Marauder a few cars in front of me in traffic. Traffic stopped for a light so I rode down the row of cars and pulled alongside and had the gent roll the window down and asked him if he'd heard of the Windy City Marauders,he replied no,when the light changed he pulled into a parking lot so I pulled over and waited for him. It turns out he's registered on MM.com,and been reading and learning and doing a few mods,but not doing any posting and didn't know about the Windy City Marauders. He's Cordoba1 on the site,and a nice friendly young guy. Of course I filled him in about the WCM's, how nice all of you are,about the awesome Marauders you have and how he had to check it out. I think he will.
Now I have to track down the Blonde. :cool:

MarauderMark
05-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Wgt!! :up:
The more the merrier. :banana:

Cordoba1
06-07-2004, 02:54 PM
My name is Adam, and I did indeed have the pleasure of speaking with UncleLar. He filled me in on the group, and I'm sure I'll meet more of you at one of your meets.

I go by "Cordoba1" because that is my other car is a '77 Cordoba. When registering for this site, all of the good names were already taken!

My 'Rauder? It's an '03 300A. I've modified it about as far as I desire: 4:10's, Superchips programmer, and resonatorless tips.

By the way: I drive the crap out of this car.... My foot is on the floorboards all the time, and I've had no troubles. I probably treat mine rougher than the rest, so I'll have to keep you updated as to how it holds up. I get the valve-ticking that I've read so much about, but it's not major. I'm at 40,000 hard-driven miles.

See you soon!

jstevens
06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Well welcome, even though I'm in sunny Michigan. 40,000 miles, thats good to know as I was curious about long term running of this car. I read recently about someone that got 243,000 out of a 95 Cougar. A buddy of mine had a Cordoba, I suppose your has the 318.

mad man
06-07-2004, 03:20 PM
My name is Adam, and I did indeed have the pleasure of speaking with UncleLar. He filled me in on the group, and I'm sure I'll meet more of you at one of your meets.

I go by "Cordoba1" because that is my other car is a '77 Cordoba. When registering for this site, all of the good names were already taken!

My 'Rauder? It's an '03 300A. I've modified it about as far as I desire: 4:10's, Superchips programmer, and resonatorless tips.

By the way: I drive the crap out of this car.... My foot is on the floorboards all the time, and I've had no troubles. I probably treat mine rougher than the rest, so I'll have to keep you updated as to how it holds up. I get the valve-ticking that I've read so much about, but it's not major. I'm at 40,000 hard-driven miles.

See you soon!Sunday Sunday Sunday :banana2:

jgc61sr2002
06-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Cordoba1 - Welcome to the MM site. :up: You came to the right place. This site has a wealth of information. :)

Bradley G
06-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Every time I hear the Cordoba I think of Carl Montobaun . Now that's effective advertising :cool: Maybe Ford should've recruited him to promote our beloved MM's

stevengerard
06-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Welcome, you coming to our meet up in Skokie? many of us plan on being there!