PDA

View Full Version : June Meet

frdwrnch
05-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry I missed you guys. I was at a Falcon Club show. What's the plan for june? Oh, by the way, I'm planning on going to Pageland SC Dragway on Friday night May 21. I've got to work so may not get there till 7:00. Want to get my first times. Tom, you can stay at home,you'd just make me look bad!

Marauderman
05-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Sorry I missed you guys. I was at a Falcon Club show. What's the plan for june? Oh, by the way, I'm planning on going to Pageland SC Dragway on Friday night May 21. I've got to work so may not get there till 7:00. Want to get my first times. Tom, you can stay at home,you'd just make me look bad!
I'll be in ALt by then probably having a few drinks with the Todd and Marty Show, on Marty as told by Todd, about then--so let us know what you do--can use some #'s to go by ==I must get to the "Rock" soon---..have fun....Tom

Agent M79
05-18-2004, 07:24 AM
I am sorta jonesing for the next meet since I missed the last one. Can't make the ATL this weekend either. Missed my window for the CLV as well.

All this adult responsibility is beginning to impinge upon my hobbies! :cry:

I could give it all up and convert my MM into a Marauderbago and live free and unfettered. :rock:

Marauderman
05-18-2004, 07:38 AM
I'm expecting Fin HArder 92 to announce something for Raleigh ..he and Steve Cory are trying to set something up and suppose to let us know .....

SC Cheesehead
05-22-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm a new Marauder owner (2004 DTR purchased April 5, 2004) living in Greenville, SC. I'm interested in joining the Carolina Marauders, and would like some info on upcoming meetings, etc. Anything that can be passed along would be appreciated.

Rex Weinbender, a.k.a. SC Cheesehead

Agent M79
05-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Welcome onboard SC Cheesehead!

We are currently in our summer roadshow phase and expect to travel to Raleigh for the June meet.

We meet every 2nd Saturday of the month. Watch here for announcements.

Did you get the DTR with the moonroof? I wanted that but couldn't wait.

Marauderman
05-22-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm a new Marauder owner (2004 DTR purchased April 5, 2004) living in Greenville, SC. I'm interested in joining the Carolina Marauders, and would like some info on upcoming meetings, etc. Anything that can be passed along would be appreciated.

Rex Weinbender, a.k.a. SC Cheesehead
Welcome as already mentioned---Man-on man--was traveling thru your town along I-85 today back from Alt...if I had known before hand we maybe could have hooked up---next time--- glad to see another DTR in the MM family----anything you need to know about your MM just ask away--we're
all family here ready to help if we can----------Tom...

SC Cheesehead
05-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Agent79,

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out.

Yes, my DTR has the moonroof. We got it at Heritage L-M in Greenville. They had 3 MM's on the lot, 2 DTR's and a Silver. The Silver and the DTR we bought were fully loaded, the other DTR didn't have the moonroof. All three have Light Flint leather.

As far as I know, they still have the other two on the lot, so if you know of anyone looking for an MM they may want to check out Heritage.

We are currently in our summer roadshow phase and expect to travel to Raleigh for the June meet.

SC Cheesehead
05-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Tom,
Thanks for the quick reply. Would have enjoyed meeting you as well, hopefully will get a chance sometime this summer.

One quick question for you. Out MM is still under warranty, but are there any tricks we can do to it now that will squeeze out a few more horses w/o voiding warranty?................Rex

Welcome as already mentioned---Man-on man--was traveling thru your town along I-85 today back from Alt...if I had known before hand we maybe could have hooked up---next time--- glad to see another DTR in the MM family----anything you need to know about your MM just ask away--we're
all family here ready to help if we can----------Tom...

Marauderman
05-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Tom,
Thanks for the quick reply. Would have enjoyed meeting you as well, hopefully will get a chance sometime this summer.

One quick question for you. Out MM is still under warranty, but are there any tricks we can do to it now that will squeeze out a few more horses w/o voiding warranty?................Rex
Rex- Your question tends to lean towards a "used" MM rather than a new---which is the case? ....that may have a bearing on the answer....and either way , the actual answer is a bit "tricky" in itself...there are many variables in that answer- rather than a yes or no...do you have an e-mail or phone #-- it may be easier to explain than here.....Tom

Marauderman
05-23-2004, 05:39 PM

Hey! Fin Harder 92 and Steve Cory----

Ok --you've had a few weeks --It's time to start dropping info --at least to get us to start thinking and planning--...so --has anything developed---tell us something even if it's still in the earily stages--if it should seem like we may need to consider something else , don't feel bad ---we all understand--and we can be patience....cause I need to--I have a tire wearing problem--major type--so --was just wandering myself .......Thanks.....Tom

SC Cheesehead
05-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Tom,
Mine is an '04 currently with about 2,000 miles on it. Sounds like I may want to wait until I get about 36K on it before messing with the motor.

Your best bet is to try reaching me via e-mail as my daily schedules vary
substantially and I'm often out of my office and am hard to reach, even by cell phone, although it's worth a try: 864-414-4642.

Home e-mail is weinbender@charter.net
Work e-mail:rex.weinbender@fluor.com

Rex

Rex- Your question tends to lean towards a "used" MM rather than a new---which is the case? ....that may have a bearing on the answer....and either way , the actual answer is a bit "tricky" in itself...there are many variables in that answer- rather than a yes or no...do you have an e-mail or phone #-- it may be easier to explain than here.....Tom

Marauderman
05-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Tom,
Mine is an '04 currently with about 2,000 miles on it. Sounds like I may want to wait until I get about 36K on it before messing with the motor.

Your best bet is to try reaching me via e-mail as my daily schedules vary
substantially and I'm often out of my office and am hard to reach, even by cell phone, although it's worth a try: 864-414-4642.

Home e-mail is weinbender@charter.net
Work e-mail:rex.weinbender@fluor.com

Rex

My bad SC Cheese--- I should have told you to PM me that info---hope your public info is ok with you--anyway--I have a stong opinion that is different than yours ---and I will send it to you thru other media......but there is much hope and fun for you way before that time period.......Tom...

stevencory
05-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Welp I've gotten no response via email from ANYBUDDY in Raleigh :bigcry:
Lemme call the dealership and actually speak with someone in sales there.

The Triangle Town Center Mall (http://www.triangletowncenter.com/) is the closest place to have lunch near Capital Ford (http://www.capitalford.com/cap_main.html).

Keep in mind I've only been to one meet and I've arranged zero.
More as things develop. I'm assuming we are gathering on June 19th?
Sorry to be dragging on this but I was hoping to hear from Capital.

Another question...have the Carolina Marauders ever just
dropped in on a dealership unannounced? :burnout:

Thanks,

Marauderman
05-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Welp I've gotten no response via email from ANYBUDDY in Raleigh :bigcry:
Lemme call the dealership and actually speak with someone in sales there.

The Triangle Town Center Mall (http://www.triangletowncenter.com/) is the closest place to have lunch near Capital Ford (http://www.capitalford.com/cap_main.html).

Keep in mind I've only been to one meet and I've arranged zero.
More as things develop. I'm assuming we are gathering on June 19th?
Sorry to be dragging on this but I was hoping to hear from Capital.

Another question...have the Carolina Marauders ever just
dropped in on a dealership unannounced? :burnout:

Thanks,
1...uh..Meet date is June 12th-Second Sat -each month--

2. no --no drop-ins as yet--that would scare the hell of the folks there!- :fire: -it's bad enough when one of us drives into a delearship--they only know what a person looks like when driving out--they wouldn't know what to do with us then or now, especially in a group--they'd think a bunch of MM had a problem and " OMG --no one here knows a damxx thing--what will we do!!!!!"----but it might serve them right to do it some time just for the shxxits and giggles!!! --will keep that in mind---

so..have you spoken will John as to anything from his end........

stevencory
05-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Capital Lincoln Mercury of Cary (http://flm.dealerconnection.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/home/default.asp?orgid=8131&referrer=Mercury)
had agreed to host a bunch of Carolina Marauder owners! :rock:
They were expecting us between 10:00 am and 10:30 am on June 12th.
I spoke with Courtney Adams cadams@capitalofcary.com (mailto:cadams@capitalofcary.c om) 919.859.2082.
She requested that I come up with a number so they can make room
for us when we arrive. They have coffee and popcorn :rolleyes:

This dealership is located next to the Crossroads Plaza (http://www.shopcrossroadsplaza.com) in Cary.
I had planned to call in a lunch reservation at Noon to the
Ruby Tuesday's, a better resturaunt, near the dealership.

I was hoping to tally Marauders and get a count back to Courtney
as well as set up reservations at Ruby Tuesday.

Unfortuneately, as of 6/2, not many were interested in this meet.
Please see message below.

Thanks,

Fin Harder 92
05-27-2004, 07:38 PM
I won't be able to make it next month. I was promoted to Director and it's taking up all my time. I'm not complaining, hopefully it will move up my S/C purchase. Will see you guys in the fall. I'll try to make the auto fair at the speedway.

Take Care

frdwrnch
05-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Darn bad timing! I've got a family event on the 12th. Sorry to miss you guys. Look forward to meeting you cheesehead. BTW, did 9.45 sec in 1/8 mile at 77.04 mph last weekend at Pageland SC dragway. 1 hour drive and weather was hot (90deg). Car was hot. Made six runs and all 6 were within .02 seconds! Was amazed at that consistency.

stevencory
06-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Okay Okay. :alone:
I've failed miserably.

Due to lack of interest, I think we should
cancel the meet on the 12th for I've only
received one response and I think two cars
isn't enough for a meet.

Please visit...Up comming shows and cruise-ins (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10291)

Thanks for your understanding,

Agent M79
06-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Okay Okay. :alone:
I've failed miserably.
Heh. Don't take it like that.

We aren't as big as the Atlanta crew that can base out of one place. We knew we'd likely have to travel to pick up some diversity. I think there are going to be problems like this all summer because of travel plans, the heat, and such.

At best, people have been away and not looking in on us here and so haven't responded. At worst, travelling is not what they want.

In any case, pick a number of attendees that would make your efforts worthwhile. If you don't have solid commitments from that number of people, it doesn't happen. Or maybe you've cancelled your plans already. Let us know.

In the event we don't hit the number of people to make it worthwhile or it otherwise can't be pulled off by... let's say Tuesday June 8th... we will go to the fall-back plan which is lunch at:

Texas Roadhouse
Interstate I-85, Exit 49
7801 Gateway Lane
Concord, NC 28025
(704) 979-3090

How that work for everyone?

stevencory
06-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi Dave and Others,

As I was typing to Tom (marauderman)
I do think that it might be easier to try to get
us together around events instead of having a
fixxed date to meet on and trying to find stuff
to do on that date. I think there are several
shows and cruise-ins (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10291) that we ought to attend
together. (just my 2¢) Yup...gasoline is going up some
more due to the attack in Saudi on Sunday.

Alas, I won't be able to make it to Concord and
back in time to see my sons gradU8, so I'm
gonna have to pass on a June meet.
I'm hoping you'll take pictures.

I do like the idea of the June 25-27
Summer Charlotte Swap Meet
Tom Mack Car Show (http://www.metrolinaexpotradeshow.com/calndr/jun.htm)
Metrolina Expo, Charlotte, NC

Special thanks for the links and info from
fastblackmerc and gdmjoe. That helps a lot!

Agent M79
06-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi Dave and Others,

As I was typing to Tom (marauderman)
I do think that it might be easier to try to get
us together around events instead of having a
fixxed date to meet on and trying to find stuff
to do on that date.
A good thing to discuss... how about doing that HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=138001#post13 8001).

Butch
06-02-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm up for about anything, but as usual, my plans usually are made about 2-3 days before, so that is why you haven't heard from me.

You guys make the plans, and a few days beforehand, I will be able to tell you if I will be there or not. It's usually the best I can do.

frdwrnch
06-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I plan on going to Tom Mack show at Metrolina Expo. It would be cool if we could meet there as it is right off I-77 at Sunset rd.

dok
06-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Sorry I didn't post sooner. We had out of state company for 10 days for the 2 big races at Lowes Motor Speedway. Since my wife did a lot of extra cooking lately, she has "convinced" me to take her to the beach next week. Haven't made reservations yet, but hope to go during the week which would put me back in town by Saturday to attend lunch at the Roadhouse.

I also think that the car show at the end of June sounds like a good event to attend.

SC Cheesehead
06-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Steve,

Not to woory about the 12th, things happen.

I'm up for attending the Swap Meet/Car Show in CLT, much closer for me, too. Let me know if it comes together and I'll make plans.

SC Cheesehead

frdwrnch
06-03-2004, 05:56 AM
Cudos to Steve for his efforts. We have a stepson in Garner and are in your area somewhat frquently. We had an excellent time at the Dyno tune in Cary a couple of months ago and look forward to other opportunities for a gathering in your area. Keep up the good work!

Bluerauder
06-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Sorry I didn't post sooner. We had out of state company for 10 days for the 2 big races at Lowes Motor Speedway. "...snip...".
Now there's a party/event that I've been thinking about for a couple years. Lowe's Motor Speedway for the All-Star Race (formerly the Winston) and/or the Coca Cola 600. Would certainly make the trip for a combined Marauder/NASCAR fun week. :up:

How do I get on your invite list for next year? :lol:

dok
06-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Now there's a party/event that I've been thinking about for a couple years. Lowe's Motor Speedway for the All-Star Race (formerly the Winston) and/or the Coca Cola 600. Would certainly make the trip for a combined Marauder/NASCAR fun week. :up:

How do I get on your invite list for next year? :lol:

Help me build an addition onto my house. :lol:

Marauderman
06-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Well -I look forward to the regular meet and time- June 12th at Noon at the Roadhouse ---we all can welcome our new member---Midnightcruiser---hopefully she will show for our get together......Tom

Bluerauder
06-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Help me build an addition onto my house. :lol:
Plumbing, electrical or carpentry skills?? :lol:

dok
06-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Plumbing, electrical or carpentry skills?? :lol:

Financial!!! :rolleyes:

Marauderman
06-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Well -I look forward to the regular meet and time- June 12th at Noon at the Roadhouse ---we all can welcome our new member---Midnightcruiser---hopefully she will show for our get together......Tom
Refresh ---Hopefully others will see and come-on -down- or over--whatever it takes..........