PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 Mile Times are in!

Logan
07-26-2002, 10:05 PM
I'll make this short and sweet as I've got to get up early tomorrow, sooooooooooo here they are.

2.29 60ft
15.07 @ 93.2mph

Was the best of the two runs I had time for. Don't anyone get disappointed, as a couple factors contributed here. First, I haven't figured out how to launch it at all, as evidenced by the horrendous 60 ft times. 2nd, it was 95 degrees and a wee bit of humidty out. 3rd, the track was as slick as all heck.

So, everything all told, I KNOW the car had a 14.8 in it, and had I had about 3 or 4 more passes, I know I would've gotten it once I get a better feel for the launch.

So anyway, the gears and chip probably were responsible for shaving .4-.5 off the stock quarter mile times...

Pics of smoky burnouts to come...

mensrea
07-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Logan... can't wait for the pics... you know how concerned some of us (ME ME ME) are about out our ability to do smokey burnouts.... MAKE SMOKE!

VaderSS
07-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Something you don't mention, but what was the temp and humidity? We are talking Dallas and the summer so I'm sure it is HOT. My car runs 15.2s most of the time in 80F heat with 100% humidity, but give me a 60F 50% humidity day, and I'll show you a 14.8 no problem.

Logan
07-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Ooops, I knew I forgot to mention something... :)

It was 95+ degrees with 80-90% humidity...

VaderSS
07-28-2002, 05:29 PM
I have a feeling, come November, if you can hook up, you'll knock off a 14.5 or better.

BISHOPSS95
07-29-2002, 06:15 AM
What better place than The Southern SuperHeavy Shootout. We need a real Marauder in attendance. The local dealer will have one on a turntable. Round and round at a drag race?

:D

Wags
07-29-2002, 06:46 AM
Logan,

First off, congrats on the twins!:) Glad to hear everything went well. Second, how much did the 4.10's alter your highway cruise rpm's, and how much did your speedo readings change?

Thanks,

Pete Wagner

k-9Vic
07-29-2002, 07:29 AM
I know you will not be able to get to the track much for a while to get your launching down, but you can always practice that at traffic lights. Glad I was able to go and see your Marauder race down the 1/4 track, many people were impressed with your car on the side lines. On your second run the announcer says "Well now we have a black 4 door sedan and a silver Lighting" Guess the guy did not know what it was, or maybe he was just being general in the announcement. I wish you could of raced that Chevy Impala SS that was a few cars back, next time you go you will have to find one to race. Wish you could of stayed longer, but had to get back home for the twins and congratulations again! I stayed for about 20 minutes after you left and talked to your lightning friends.

mensrea
07-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Wags,
Your questions can be answered in the 4.10 gears installed thread below. However here's a cut and paste of Logan's original message.

Originally posted by Logan: "Well, just picked my car up from the shop and the 4.10's are in. Didn't have time to do the tint today, so I'm going back tomorrow for the tint job. Verdict? I was right. 4.10's are exactly what the car should've come with from the factory. While it still won't send the tires up in smoke off the line without a brake stand, it definitely comes out of the hole ALOT quicker. The factory shift points seem like they were programmed for the 4.10's in mind... The whole powertrain seems alot more confident and I'm able to keep the motor in it's power band quite a bit easier. At a 70mph cruise, rpm's in 4th are up about 350rpm from stock. Stick it into 3rd, and she pops right into the start of the power band at 3400rpm...Verdict? Bypass the 3.73's and head straight for the 4.10's. You'll be alot happier spending the $700 it costs on 4.10's. Best part is, the wife will never notice unless she puts the peddle down to the floor. There ya have it."

The speedo is off about 8 miles per hour, which a chip can fix. I have called an engineer on the marauder project to find out why.

Wags, I live in Downers Grove and am taking my car in for gears, chip, plugs and stat Thursday, if you want to take it for a spin let me know.

Also, I posted a link in the links section, under General Automotive that will give you all kinds of information, for instance, what RPMs you will be running with what gears at what speeds. There are other tools, and they are a blast to play with. They are called "Cool Tools".

Logan
07-29-2002, 10:15 AM
Thank K9 Vic for coming out and being the photographer on Friday...

Check out the cool pics he took...

http://public.fotki.com/gksutt/marauder_images/

BISHOPSS95
07-29-2002, 11:19 AM
I can guarantee you a heads up race with an Impala SS. I will even let you pick the year, mod level, tires. We will have over 50 of them for you to choose. Just do it.

www.sshs2.com

Or just race me. I'm in the high 14's. The Dealer will have one Marauder on a turntable at the event. Going round and round at a drag strip?

Logan
07-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Ack! Atlanta? Too bad I'm in Dallas. There's plenty of Impala's to race right here... :D

Although, if I was there, I'd be there.

k-9Vic
07-29-2002, 11:42 AM
Your welcome Logan, it was worth the drive to see a Marauder race down the track.

I will have video of his burn out and run down the track very soon. I brought my digital camera and my video camera. The burn out images are screen shots from the video, I just have to compress it for downloading.

MadMav
07-30-2002, 07:39 AM
Logan, with the dyno numbers you put down, you should be running well into the 14's. Even at the temp you were in. What is going on? Very curious.

Thanks,
Mav

Logan
07-30-2002, 09:01 AM
High 14's, yes... low-mid 14's, nope. The torque band is a wee bit to high to get proper 60 fts without a higher stall convertor to get the torque to the ground.

I couldn't get any better than a horrendous 2.30 60 ft. Though, some of that is not having owned the car long enough to figure out how to launch it properly...

I'm not worried, shouldn't be too big a deal to get down into the 13's without spending much moola. :)

RancorKeeper
08-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Break-in mileage on the 4.6L might knock a tenth off, too.

N40GL
08-17-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Ack! Atlanta? Too bad I'm in Dallas. There's plenty of Impala's to race right here... :D

Although, if I was there, I'd be there.

I'm 120 miles east of the Big D, and I'm planning on rollin over there in my Impy. Some of the other locals were concidering going also. If you change your mind, we wouldn't mind another big American RWD sedan caravaning with us :D

Just imagine the looks we'd get on the highway :cool:

Logan
08-17-2002, 04:39 PM
With two 3 week old little girls in the house, I doubt the wife will let me go anywhere... :)