PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Checklist & Packing List

Bluerauder
05-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Only 2-3 more days until the Big Show at Carlisle. Its time to start putting together your packing list of items "Not to Forget" .....

Here are some suggestions ....

1. Showfield Sticker (upper driver's side windshield --- put it on before you roll)

2. Carlisle Letter (you will need this to pick up your Goody Bag -- put it over the visor today is a good idea)

3. EZ Up Tents or other Canopy type tents to supplement the big MM.Net tent (shade is a good thing)

4. Folding Chairs (2 if you have 'em)

5. Camera (with charger or extra batteries)

6. Large or Small coolers (with ice and soft drink, water, or other beverages)

7. Bags of ice (available at most gas stations or convenience stores along Rte 11 Harrisburg Pike)

8. Snack Items to share at the Tent (i.e. chips, pretzels, snacks, cookies, etc.)

9. Cleaning supplies (i.e. absorber or chamois, detailer spray, tire shine, windex, paper towels, etc.)

10. Micro fiber towels

11. California duster or similar

12. Hats or Visors

13. Sunscreen (you won't regret this at all)

14. Rain Gear (umbrella, windbreaker) -- "A Carlisle Tradition" -- it might happen and has before :(

15. FRS/GMRS radio tuned to Channel 5

16. GPS if you have one (otherwise just follow the Marauder in front of you)

17. Sunglasses

18. Hand sanitizer or Handy wipes

19. Flashlight

20. Blanket to wrap up any car-part purchases

21. Comfortable Walking shoes

SpartaPerformance
05-30-2016, 03:13 PM
That is a perfect and accurate list.

Bluerauder
05-31-2016, 01:47 PM
My Showfield stickers are on both cars and the Carlisle letter is in the MM over the visor. Now I just have to remember the cooler and everything else.

Bluerauder
06-02-2016, 04:26 AM
Today is the Day that the early birds get on the road heading to Carlisle. Safe travels to All !!!

Before you head out, give the list above another once over so you don't forget any of the necessities. ;)

See you on Marauder Mountain tomorrow !! :2thumbs:

Ms. Denmark
06-02-2016, 05:30 AM
Thanks Charlie! We're getting on the road mid day with one Marauder (Eric's). My SB has a caliper hung up so it stays home. Shout out to Comin' in Hot who offered to come by last eve to fix it. Thanks Derek! But it's going in the shop next Wed for brake work all around since I hate my newest rotors and pads anyway. Besides, this way I get to ride shotgun beside a great big hunky guy, instead of driving behind him. (actually we all know me and my SB would be in the lead ....) ;) :D

Safe travels to All! If you are arriving tonight and want to grab dinner, we plan to go to the Texas Road House in Harrisburg on Union Deposit Rd. Will meet at the Central Hotel main entrance about 7 pm. Call or pm me so I can include you when I call the restaurant this afternoon.
See You all soon!

Bluerauder
06-15-2016, 05:34 AM
Reminders for next year .... :o

14. Best to put the windbreaker in the car before you leave the house. Remembering this while standing in the rain on top of the hill in Carlisle isn't much help.

13. Just because there is a light rain when you start your rounds of the Showfields does not necessarily mean the sun won't come out during your walk and burn the heck out of your neck and arms. Leaving the sunscreen in the car was a mistake on Friday afternoon.

5. If you plan to take pics on Saturday, don't leave the camera charging back in the hotel.