PDA

View Full Version : Arrived Home from Carlisle 2016 thread

Mr. Man
06-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Ms D and I got back around 1pm. Uneventful trip back. Had a good time even with the Friday night gremlin that reared it ugly head. Thanks to Comin in Hot for setting up my Saturday appointment to have the car aligned for the second time in a week. Seems the first shop forgot to torque down the RF camber eccentric bolt. I was not a happy camper Friday and he was Cool Hand Luke. I will be having a "discussion" with the first shop Monday.

jsignorelli
06-05-2016, 07:26 PM
I still want you the take a video when you go back to Ford and explain how their "crack mechanics" forgot to torque down the bolts.

BUCKWHEAT
06-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Marauder did a great job of getting us to and from Carlisle for our first time there. Got 18.5 MPG on the highway. That's really good in my experience. We did make a list along the way of the things to do before the next foray. Hope you all got home OK.
We had a good time & came home with a bucket full of Fox Body suspension parts from UPR. And we got lots of advice from our MM friends on how to improve the MMr. Thanks to all.

Comin' in Hot
06-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Ms D and I got back around 1pm. Uneventful trip back. Had a good time even with the Friday night gremlin that reared it ugly head. Thanks to Comin in Hot for setting up my Saturday appointment to have the car aligned for the second time in a week. Seems the first shop forgot to torque down the RF camber eccentric bolt. I was not a happy camper Friday and he was Cool Hand Luke. I will be having a "discussion" with the first shop Monday.

I made it home early this afternoon. I had a great time this year. I can't wait till next year.

I just did what needed to be done. It wasn't going to get aligned in the parking lot.

I still want you the take a video when you go back to Ford and explain how their "crack mechanics" forgot to torque down the bolts.

That would be interesting!!!!

Marauder did a great job of getting us to and from Carlisle for our first time there. Got 18.5 MPG on the highway. That's really good in my experience. We did make a list along the way of the things to do before the next foray. Hope you all got home OK.
We had a good time & came home with a bucket full of Fox Body suspension parts from UPR. And we got lots of advice from our MM friends on how to improve the MMr. Thanks to all.

It was great to meet you, I'm glad you had a great time!

vkirkend
06-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Got home about 5:30 this afternoon. waited around for the parade as this was the first time I placed @ Carlisle with Slayer1. 2nd Place in 2004 Modified Division!

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2016, 02:24 AM
Got home about 5:30 this afternoon. waited around for the parade as this was the first time I placed @ Carlisle with Slayer1. 2nd Place in 2004 Modified Division!
Congrats!! That's awesome!

71cyclone
06-06-2016, 03:40 AM
Ditto- but I knew better than to go to "Pep Boys [z]":mad2:[must be loose nutz syndrome]

JustRight
06-06-2016, 11:10 AM
I still want you the take a video when you go back to Ford and explain how their "on-crack mechanics" forgot to torque down the bolts.

Fixed it for you. I wouldn't let our local Ford dealer mechanics work on my ex-mother-in-law's lawn mower after witnessing the (lack of) quality of their work.