PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle All Fords Recap and Awards

Bluerauder
06-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Had a great time at the 2016 Carlisle All Ford Nationals this weekend. Was glad to see and meet so many First Timers make the trip ... especially distance travelers like 03mmmonroe (NC), BUCKWHEAT (MO), Mike Brown (IN) and PRCARGUY (NJ). Carlisle Events set a new Ford attendance record for the "Largest and most Thrilling All-Ford Event in the World" with over 3,000 cars/trucks registered as of about 11:00 AM on Saturday with cars still streaming in the Gate #3 entrance. Final count was 3,200 vehicles.

Another big show of support by the MM.Net members. Mercury Marauders attendance on the Mountain as of 2:30 PM Saturday was 38 MMs (17 Black, 11 Silver, 4 DTR, and 6 Blue) and about 75-80 people up on the Hill. Another fine showing and representation at Carlisle by the MM.Net members. Walked my butt off with my two sons visiting as much of the showfields and displays as possible. According to the Pedometer, we logged 8.74 miles on Saturday.

No MM.Net Awards this year. However, we had excellent representation in the 3 Classes of Marauders set up by the Carlisle Events. This year we had a small 20' x 20' white tent and no tables. Pre-registration numbers determines the size of the tent. So it is important to sign up for your Showfield spot as early as possible.

Congrats :2thumbs: to All Below on Representing the Marauder Community.

The complete list of all the Showfield Winners for all Classes is here (we are on the last 2 pages) >>>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/2016-Ford-Winners.pdf

Y197 :trophy: – 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder (Stock)

1st Place – 03mmmonroe (Black)
2nd Place – Bluerauder (DBP)
3rd Place – Keith Mulhern (Silver ??)
Celebrity Pick – Showroom (DTR)

Y202 :trophy: – 2003 Mercury Marauder (Modified)

1st Place – Shermanator (Black)
2nd Place – Blackened300a (Black)
3rd Place – Blown 3.8 (jflave) (Black)

Y203 :trophy: – 2004 Mercury Marauder (Modified)

1st Place – Merc (Silver)
2nd Place – vkirkend (Silver)
3rd Place – jsignorelli (Silver)

Odinson took 1st Place in the Y201 Vans (including Econoline) with his modified 2014 E350 Ford Van. :congrats:

Although rain visited us each day, the timing of the downpours worked out well and didn’t interfere too much with the activities. Friday afternoon cleared up nicely and the sun came out. Rain on Saturday held off until about 4:30 PM. Several folks who had signed up for the Downtown Carlisle Parade decided to cancel out. Sunday morning was still dry and the rain didn’t start until about 10:30 AM. Many of those who came back on Sunday started their trips home early to avoid the Thunderstorms forecast along many of the routes home. Even the rain didn’t dampen the enthusiasm of the Marauder Gang.

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2016, 02:33 AM
Thanks Charlie. Nice to see so many of the trophy winners are Silver Birch! :cool: Congratulations to you and all the winners!

jsignorelli
06-06-2016, 04:31 AM
As always, going to Carlisle is not about the show, but the people who you meet. Each year the Marauder owner renew our bonds and friendships with each other. That alone is worth the many hours and miles of driving.

It rained!!! I hadn't noticed. I was enjoying the conversation and the company much to much to notice a slight dent in the weather.

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2016, 03:20 PM
As always, going to Carlisle is not about the show, but the people who you meet. Each year the Marauder owner renew our bonds and friendships with each other. That alone is worth the many hours and miles of driving.

It rained!!! I hadn't noticed. I was enjoying the conversation and the company much to much to notice a slight dent in the weather.
Right, Jim! And where else can you look on helplessly in fear and amazement as one of the friends we've bonded with, orders and consumes a bubbling caldron of lava-like liquid masquerading as Mexican food! :bandit:
BTW Jim, way to represent your fellow SB owners and congratulations on your Carlisle trophy! :bows:

Seneca
06-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Looks like a good time! Wish I could have made it.. next year!!

jsignorelli
06-07-2016, 04:52 AM
We must remember:

The more owners who pre-register, the bigger the tent we get. Tables and a huge tent, that is our mission for 2017.

Bluerauder
06-07-2016, 06:24 AM
We must remember:

The more owners who pre-register, the bigger the tent we get. Tables and a huge tent, that is our mission for 2017.

Pre-Registration is only part of the equation. Some encouragement, vocal support, and some $ from the Supporting Members pot by the MM.Net Owners would go a long way in bumping the "amenities" back to where they used to be. Out of Pocket losses by a select few were bound to run out sometime. Without such support, an alternative plan must be implemented.

This is the ONLY event during the year where our 2003-2004 Mercury Marauders are showcased on a National Stage that is now billed as "The Largest and Most Thrilling All-Ford Event in the World". Carlisle Events made a special trip to the Hill this year to express their appreciation for the continuing major turnout of Marauders up on the Mountain.

The biggest names in Ford and in the Performance Business come up to see our area and ask questions. Marauderville and Louisville are great events; but it is just Marauder Owners. At Carlisle, we get big time exposure for our members and for MM.Net. Hell, Fletch from Classic Restos was also filming for car enthusiasts down in Australia .... so it is really International Exposure.

71cyclone
06-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Classic Restos TV show. Shannon's.com.au/club/videos/channel/classic-restos.
Fletch is a great guy ,had a great time talking with him in addition to the photo shoot.
Log in and join .It is a great web sight. His old Carlisle video's are on U-tube also.

Blackened300a
06-07-2016, 07:45 AM
We must remember:

Tables were rented out of my pocket the previous years, pre-registration determines classes, and field location

Pre-Registration is only part of the equation. Some encouragement, vocal support, and some $ from the Supporting Members pot by the MM.Net Owners would go a long way in bumping the "amenities" back to where they used to be. Out of Pocket losses by a select few were bound to run out sometime. Without such support, an alternative plan must be implemented.

This is the ONLY event during the year where our 2003-2004 Mercury Marauders are showcased on a National Stage that is now billed as "The Largest and Most Thrilling All-Ford Event in the World". Carlisle Events made a special trip to the Hill this year to express their appreciation for the continuing major turnout of Marauders up on the Mountain.

The biggest names in Ford and in the Performance Business come up to see our area and ask questions. Marauderville and Louisville are great events; but it is just Marauder Owners. At Carlisle, we get big time exposure for our members and for MM.Net. Hell, Fletch from Classic Restos was also filming for car enthusiasts down in Australia .... so it is really International Exposure.

Spot on Charlie. The head coordinator of Carlisle events, Bill Miller came up to the tent and told me that he has a soft spot for Marauders and he thanked us all as a collective for coming to Carlisle every year and showing support for the event. He also chose a Marauder "Showroom" Ron Muko for his celebrity pick.

I do enjoy the planning and putting the event together for the collective, I just don't like having to foot the bill each year for it. I don't own MM.net, I don't profit from MM.net, I am just a passionate contributing Marauder enthusiast that strides to make Carlisle one of the biggest Marauder related events during the year. Last year the event cost me close to $600 out of pocket between trophies, dash plaques, tables, snacks, T-shirts, etc.
I just couldn't do it this year and opted to not put forth any effort into the event since I was not offered any support from the forum that we are representing on a world stage.
Perhaps next year, if the Admins choose to not support this event, then maybe we can start up a low cost registration fee that would cover a T-shirt, dash plaque, awards, tables and bring back the once very popular BBQ under the tent.

Suggestions are welcome.

vkirkend
06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Tables were rented out of my pocket the previous years, pre-registration determines classes, and field location

Spot on Charlie. The head coordinator of Carlisle events, Bill Miller came up to the tent and told me that he has a soft spot for Marauders and he thanked us all as a collective for coming to Carlisle every year and showing support for the event. He also chose a Marauder "Showroom" Ron Muko for his celebrity pick.

I do enjoy the planning and putting the event together for the collective, I just don't like having to foot the bill each year for it. I don't own MM.net, I don't profit from MM.net, I am just a passionate contributing Marauder enthusiast that strides to make Carlisle one of the biggest Marauder related events during the year. Last year the event cost me close to $600 out of pocket between trophies, dash plaques, tables, snacks, T-shirts, etc.
I just couldn't do it this year and opted to not put forth any effort into the event since I was not offered any support from the forum that we are representing on a world stage.
Perhaps next year, if the Admins choose to not support this event, then maybe we can start up a low cost registration fee that would cover a T-shirt, dash plaque, awards, tables and bring back the once very popular BBQ under the tent.

Suggestions are welcome.

I'm all for this, You should not be financially burdened for doing this. Why don't you figure a approximate cost and we can contribute before the event to cover your costs before hand....

Odinson
06-07-2016, 01:37 PM
I'd love to bring both vehicles next year but it would be best if I can just drop off the marauder when we arrive and pick it up on the way out Sat. Can we leave vehicles on the show-field over night? Which nights?

Bluerauder
06-07-2016, 02:03 PM
I'd love to bring both vehicles next year but it would be best if I can just drop off the marauder when we arrive and pick it up on the way out Sat. Can we leave vehicles on the show-field over night? Which nights?

I am sure some people leave their cars overnight on the Showfield because I have arrived early and have seen unattended cars under car covers. If so, it is probably an at your own risk deal. I couldn't find anything about it on the Carlisle Events site. However, they did have a number to call for information ......

Here is what the site says ...... "Should you have any questions or need further assistance, we're here to help you via phone at 717-243-7855. Our year-round office is open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST for friendly, personalized service."

courtmarshall
06-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Even without my Marauder present on the show field, I felt very much part of the community.

Haggis
06-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Even without my Marauder present on the show field, I felt very much part of the community.

Court, where were you, I did not get to see you there?

Bluerauder
06-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Court, where were you, I did not get to see you there?

I talked to him on the Hill on Friday afternoon about 1:00 PM when they were putting the Mustang flag together. Don't think you had arrived yet. Saw him again late Saturday morning down by the Lincoln's and '67 Mercury Cougars. Looks like he was covering the Showfields and Displays and doing a lot of walking like me and the boys.

Bluerauder
06-07-2016, 03:54 PM

Suggestions are welcome.

I'd be willing to ante up a reasonable fee to help out with expenses. However, I would also like to see MM.Net provide some assistance as well to help keep the fee low as possible. We already pay a $55.00 fee to Carlisle just to participate on the Showfield. More if you have 2-3 cars on the field. Maybe a 50%-50% arrangement can be coordinated with MM.Net Admins ??

Ms. Denmark
06-07-2016, 04:03 PM
You always put on a good show, Paul. It's a lot for one person to do and more support should be given both financially and by members who might be willing to be on a standing Carlisle Committee to help you out.

The tent: Next year we need to have a bigger tent and of course some tables. We can certainly stress early and larger club registration and link it to having a more spacious area for our members. I would hope funds could be made available by mm.net with prior approval, to upgrade the tent size if we miss the mark on the free one and provide the tables.

The food: I miss the BBQ and I think many others do. I am volunteering and would be willing to organize that end of things and get a crew of the willing to help pull it off. I always enjoyed cooking and will be happy to do it again.

T-shirts: They are always great to offer and lord knows I have so many that you had made up for Carlisle and love that I have them. In fairness the cost of t-shirts should be covered by members who purchase them and you should not have to foot that bill. It's more than enough that you are willing to see that they are ordered and delivered. Or, not to step on your toes, but if you would rather, there are a couple other members who have said they would be willing to do t-shirts.

Club Trophies: It was great that you put that together for so many years and we do miss having our internal car show. I hope we can figure out how to continue that tradition.

Basically I'm saying that I know what a big job it is for you and I care about Carlisle and will help out where I can. I'm pretty sure others feel the same.

TooManyFords
06-07-2016, 05:38 PM
I will do Carlisle again sometime, but I don't need a t-shirt, a trophy or a BBQ. Just sitting around with friends is good enough. The only trophy I'm looking for is a Wally and that is not something I can get there!

cat in the hat
06-07-2016, 06:40 PM
< . . . > Maybe we can start up a low cost registration fee that would cover a T-shirt, dash plaque, awards, tables and bring back the once very popular BBQ under the tent.

I'm all for this, You should not be financially burdened for doing this. Why don't you figure a approximate cost and we can contribute before the event to cover your costs before hand....

< . . . > Basically I'm saying that I know what a big job it is for you and I care about Carlisle and will help out where I can. I'm pretty sure others feel the same.

Agreed, count me in for whatever it takes. Most years, Carlisle is the only event I can make it to.

jsignorelli
06-08-2016, 04:56 AM
I have two portable gas grills which run off either an 11 or 20 lb. propane tank with a tree. I can bring them if a BBQ is ordained by the members.
I have the grills, the tanks, and the tree, along with the required hoses. Can you tell I go camping a lot?

Odinson
06-08-2016, 12:08 PM
I have two portable gas grills which run off either an 11 or 20 lb. propane tank with a tree. I can bring them if a BBQ is ordained by the members.
I have the grills, the tanks, and the tree, along with the required hoses. Can you tell I go camping a lot?

If I bring the van again next year I always have everything needed to cook grill, tables, utensils, water, etc.

BTW I know a few wanted to check it out but missed it. Did a video tour.
https://youtu.be/9-ulqeyXMCk

Odinson
06-08-2016, 12:58 PM
I am sure some people leave their cars overnight on the Showfield because I have arrived early and have seen unattended cars under car covers. If so, it is probably an at your own risk deal. I couldn't find anything about it on the Carlisle Events site. However, they did have a number to call for information ......

Here is what the site says ...... "Should you have any questions or need further assistance, we're here to help you via phone at 717-243-7855. Our year-round office is open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST for friendly, personalized service."

I called them. You can drop off both trailers (for an inexpensive fee) and showfield cars from Thursday - Monday. They don't advise sooner or later than that as then there is no security. Hmmmm. Plenty of time to begin negotiations with my wife.