PDA

View Full Version : To anyone considering widened rims...

MikesMerc
05-20-2004, 07:54 PM
DO IT!

If you're in need of traction, this is THE mod you need. Not only do the wider rims and bigger tires look totally BADASS, the traction when running decent rubber is awesome.

I just picked my Trilogy blown 2004 from Lidio today after the widened rims and Nitto drag radials were mounted, and what a difference!! I used to smoke the tires at anything more than 1/3 of a pedal. Now I get awesome hook on launch. I can still spin them if I mash the gas, but it's only a few turns before they really grab and launch. Using a nice 1/2 pedal stab and rolling into full pedal produces insane launches.

With the 106+mph trap speeds I was seeing at the track last week. I think I smell a high 12 sec run coming on with this new found traction :banana2:

The traction is soooo much better than stock that I think the widened rims should be part of the Trilogy kit:D Well done Lidio!!

stevengerard
05-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Stop it! I can't resist, I can't resist!

Glad to hear you noticed so much improvement. Enjoy.

MikesMerc
05-21-2004, 05:43 AM
Stop it! I can't resist, I can't resist!

Don't fight it! Let the powa of the darkside guide you :bows:

jspradii
05-21-2004, 06:49 PM
DO IT!

If you're in need of traction, this is THE mod you need. Not only do the wider rims and bigger tires look totally BADASS, the traction when running decent rubber is awesome.

I just picked my Trilogy blown 2004 from Lidio today after the widened rims and Nitto drag radials were mounted, and what a difference!! I used to smoke the tires at anything more than 1/3 of a pedal. Now I get awesome hook on launch. I can still spin them if I mash the gas, but it's only a few turns before they really grab and launch. Using a nice 1/2 pedal stab and rolling into full pedal produces insane launches.

With the 106+mph trap speeds I was seeing at the track last week. I think I smell a high 12 sec run coming on with this new found traction :banana2:

The traction is soooo much better than stock that I think the widened rims should be part of the Trilogy kit:D Well done Lidio!!
I will vouch for the rim widening. The 295/35/18 BFG T/A Drag Radials have been phenomenal on the widened rim. Better than I expexted. I had no breaking problems at launch on 8 passes with this, at 36 lbs of pressure. Wear indicates overinflation for this application, so, if you're using the BFG's, the optimal pressure appears to be about 30 lbs.

MikesMerc
05-21-2004, 08:17 PM
I will vouch for the rim widening. The 295/35/18 BFG T/A Drag Radials have been phenomenal on the widened rim. Better than I expexted. I had no breaking problems at launch on 8 passes with this, at 36 lbs of pressure. Wear indicates overinflation for this application, so, if you're using the BFG's, the optimal pressure appears to be about 30 lbs.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to monitor that.

BTW, I also thought the packge exceeded expectations. :)

MI2QWK4U
05-21-2004, 08:28 PM
I have been getting good everyday wear on the Nittos. For daily driving I run 30-31 pounds of air, at the strip I run them at about 20 pounds to get better traction. From extensive testing and dozens of runs, starting at 31, and going in 1 pound increments, we found the best traction at 20-21 pounds of air at the drag strip. For what its worth....