PDA

View Full Version : Mark your calendars

Topher
05-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Calling all Windy City Marauders- mark your calendars for Sunday, July 18th, the date of Victor Ford's 2004 Ford & SVT car show. See link below-
http://www.victorford.com/events.htm
Victor Ford is in Wauconda, approx 12 miles west of I-94 at the Rt 176 exit, and a couple miles north on Rt 12. The place gets jam-packed with Cobras, Saleens, and classic fords & mercurys. I went to their show last year- was the only Marauder on display. :coolman:

They also encourage you to show what you've got as you leave, exiting on Rt 12. Smokey burnouts galore! :up: So if any of you would like to show a mustang crowd what a 4door can do, come on out, especially those of you with a little extra under the hood.

If there is interest we can meet & caravan in from Mundelein- Rt 176 cuts right through.

Chris

jrzygrl
05-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Topher...good to "see" you around the board, asked Tim FYREMAN at the meet where you've been..??

JDC 302
05-22-2004, 06:49 AM
Marked the date......... Sounds Cool !!

UncleLar
05-22-2004, 07:22 AM
JDC,do they still have the car shows in S.Elgin near the trolley car museum?
If so do you know when it will be this year?

JDC 302
05-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Hey UncleLar, Not to sure about any shows at the trolley museum but I'll let you know If I hear something. They do have a car show / get together thing every saturday night in the summer @ the local hot dog shop... BEEF VILLA ... Very cool set up. The place is packed with HP. And sounds like sympathy @ closing time.

Topher
05-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi Jrzygrl,

I've been a bit out of the loop lately- our daughter was born 5 weeks ago, so between her & our 2 year old son, it's been quite hectic around here. Haven't had much time to get out to the events. I hope to meet more of the Windy City crowd at the car show.

Chris

jrzygrl
05-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi Jrzygrl,

I've been a bit out of the loop lately- our daughter was born 5 weeks ago, so between her & our 2 year old son, it's been quite hectic around here. Haven't had much time to get out to the events. I hope to meet more of the Windy City crowd at the car show.

Chris Congratulations!!! Come to the show in June..Skokie, if you can...

2003_MM_FYRE49
05-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Hey UncleLar, Not to sure about any shows at the trolley museum but I'll let you know If I hear something. They do have a car show / get together thing every saturday night in the summer @ the local hot dog shop... BEEF VILLA ... Very cool set up. The place is packed with HP. And sounds like sympathy @ closing time.

Last weekend they had a great turnout at Barf Villa..er I mean Beef Villa. If I had to guess yesterday was a bust because of the weather. Anyone in the area come on out, its worth the trip to see the vehicles.

Topher
06-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Just a reminder, the Victor Ford/SVT car show is coming up in 4 weeks (July 18). I just spoke with the dealer and he said they would love to see as many MM's as we could bring, especially if we could bring a couple sporting S/C's. It would be great to see some of the Windy City Marauders there. Anybody planning on it yet?

Chris

Bradley G
06-18-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks Tropher congrats on the recent addition to the family!!I'm still tryin to get a couple of events under the belt maybe I'll finally get to meet some members there:)

bugsys03
06-18-2004, 01:46 PM
I will be there :up: Do they feed you like the fine people at Prestige L/M?

Topher
06-18-2004, 02:01 PM
There will be some free stuff- hot dogs, sodas, & t-shirts. Last year the HOOters girls were handing out the t-shirts as you drove in :D

mad man
06-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Just a reminder, the Victor Ford/SVT car show is coming up in 4 weeks (July 18). I just spoke with the dealer and he said they would love to see as many MM's as we could bring, especially if we could bring a couple sporting S/C's. It would be great to see some of the Windy City Marauders there. Anybody planning on it yet?

ChrisMaybe i can make it. My other half says its to close to Indy. We may get burn't out of car shows NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT :up:

Big Joe P
06-18-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm out. I have a family event near Oshkosh that day.

Topher
07-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Just another friendly reminder of the Victor SVT show coming up on July 18th. Sounds like maybe 1 or 2 others are planning to go so far. For those of you who went to the last dynotune in Grayslake, this is not much further to go-not as far north but a little further west. How about it, anyone else??
Should be a good time with lots of tire-smoking entertainment :burnout:

Chris

Topher
07-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Ok, last reminder. Victor Ford SVT show in Wauconda is this Sunday, 9am-1pm. I plan to get there between 9-9:30. If anyone wants to drive in from the east with me, let me know. If coming from I94, exit Rt 176 west to Rt 12 N/W.

Chris

fairlane347
07-16-2004, 10:04 AM
I think I am going to go, sounds like a good show. My MM wannabe will most likely get me there. :banana2:

mad man
07-16-2004, 01:13 PM
I maybe on 2 wheels but i should be there to see the cars . :cool:

Jay Stark
07-16-2004, 02:06 PM
My calendar this Sunday is clear. Unbelieveable! I will be there in the morning for sure. Perhaps breakfast at Bobby's Barrell Inn in Volo?
Jay
847-833-2598

Calling all Windy City Marauders- mark your calendars for Sunday, July 18th, the date of Victor Ford's 2004 Ford & SVT car show. See link below-
http://.htm
Victor Ford is in Wauconda, approx 12 miles west of I-94 at the Rt 176 exit, and a couple miles north on Rt 12. The place gets jam-packed with Cobras, Saleens, and classic fords & mercurys. I went to their show last year- was the only Marauder on display. :coolman:

They also encourage you to show what you've got as you leave, exiting on Rt 12. Smokey burnouts galore! :up: So if any of you would like to show a mustang crowd what a 4door can do, come on out, especially those of you with a little extra under the hood.

If there is interest we can meet & caravan in from Mundelein- Rt 176 cuts right through.

Chris

UncleLar
07-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Chris,are the Hooters going to give out the T-Shirts off their backs,or just hand some out from off a pile of them? I grew up in Wauconda and knew Jeff Victor when we were kids,we used to drive the wheels off his Dad's gas powered golf cart. My Dad used to buy his Fords from Jeff's Dad ,Tony.
If the weather's not too bad I'll be riding the hog out there. There's a decent little restaurant on 176 a bit west of Main St. (Old Rand Rd.),east of Rte.12, on the North side of the street,food's good,service and prices are nice,and they even allow me in there in spite of it.lol :up:

Jay Stark
07-16-2004, 02:30 PM
I know the family. Jeff used to live next door to me in Johnsburg until recently. Ill bet we could throw some names around!

Chris,are the Hooters going to give out the T-Shirts off their backs,or just hand some out from off a pile of them? I grew up in Wauconda and knew Jeff Victor when we were kids,we used to drive the wheels off his Dad's gas powered golf cart. My Dad used to buy his Fords from Jeff's Dad ,Tony.
If the weather's not too bad I'll be riding the hog out there. There's a decent little restaurant on 176 a bit west of Main St. (Old Rand Rd.),east of Rte.12, on the North side of the street,food's good,service and prices are nice,and they even allow me in there in spite of it.lol :up:

Topher
07-17-2004, 08:35 PM
My calendar this Sunday is clear. Unbelieveable! I will be there in the morning for sure. Perhaps breakfast at Bobby's Barrell Inn in Volo?
Jay
847-833-2598

Jay,

Thanks for the offer to meet for breakfast, but I think I'm gonna head straight to the show. I'm bringing my 2 year old son with me, and it will be hard enough getting him up, ready, and out the door. Last year I got to the show after 10am and there were barely any parking spots left, so I'm gonna try to get there earlier this time.
I hope to see you there. I'll be wearing my Windy City Marauders shirt, pushing the stroller.......

Chris

mad man
07-19-2004, 04:08 AM
Jay,

Thanks for the offer to meet for breakfast, but I think I'm gonna head straight to the show. I'm bringing my 2 year old son with me, and it will be hard enough getting him up, ready, and out the door. Last year I got to the show after 10am and there were barely any parking spots left, so I'm gonna try to get there earlier this time.
I hope to see you there. I'll be wearing my Windy City Marauders shirt, pushing the stroller.......

ChrisChris that was a good show .Were you the only one of us to show up with a car .Even Kenny Brown had a trailer up there showing his wares :rock:

Jay Stark
07-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Chris that was a good show .Were you the only one of us to show up with a car .Even Kenny Brown had a trailer up there showing his wares :rock:

Chris & Mark- good to meet you. I hope you two connected? Mad Man I guess I missed you. It was a good show, especially "the exit show"! I am going to try for Indy maybe just for a day depending on a few things.
Jay

Topher
07-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Chris that was a good show .Were you the only one of us to show up with a car .Even Kenny Brown had a trailer up there showing his wares :rock:

Nice to see you there Gary. Jay & Mark also brought their cars. And there was another black MM there with a Highland Park Lincoln/Mercury sticker on it but I never found the owner. When Mark found out the KB trailer was there, he parked his KB marauder up front by their other show cars. The announcer told everyone to come check out the Marauder S, and it sure drew a crowd. :rock:

Chris & Mark- good to meet you. I hope you two connected? Mad Man I guess I missed you. It was a good show, especially "the exit show"! I am going to try for Indy maybe just for a day depending on a few things.
Jay

Jay & Mark, nice to meet you both. You too Larry. It was a really good show. I wonder how many mustang owners are shopping for new tires today. Some of them left behind quite a bit of rubber on the roads surrounding the event. :burnout:

Chris