PDA

View Full Version : Good to see some cats like curves!!

03BlackWindDOHC
08-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Long time Panther enthusiast, but new member. It's killer to see some cats on here like the twisty parts of roads! I'm acquiring a second Marauder as soon as I sell my 67 Galaxie and I'm Eaton swapping it and throwing every single suspension mod at it I can. I want an AMG killer! Hahaha!! I was just wondering if anyone on here goes to track days and if there are any in or near Kentucky. Also, has anyone done any other suspension mods than just the norm? Thanks!

justbob
08-06-2016, 07:20 PM
AMG killer? Skip the Eaton, go Whipple..

Welcome, and don't miss our annual Louisville meet in early April!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

03BlackWindDOHC
08-07-2016, 02:20 PM
I may have to hold off on the Whipple for the Eaton and save up for the Whipple while the Eaton is on and then sell it off when I'm done with it. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll have 2 to bring! Oh, aslo, what Whipple is the best? I'm new to supercharging, pretty much. Thanks, again!

RubberCtyRauder
08-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Planning on building the motor inside? a whipple will tear apart a stock motor. Best to keep eaton to around 425 rwhp if stock motor

03BlackWindDOHC
08-07-2016, 04:46 PM
That's what I was thinking. Since I'm looking for control in the turns, I don't wanna go over 400/420rwhp until I get hella used to it. I was planning on leaving the guts stock if it looked okay. I'm new to boosting, so I don't know how much the stock MM engine and trans and rearend will hold. Like I said, it'll be boosted, but I'm not going crazy with it. If I do anything, I'll just rebuild the engine if need be. Thanks!

03BlackWindDOHC
08-07-2016, 04:48 PM
I know these Teskid blocks are bitchin though!

justbob
08-07-2016, 06:05 PM
And there goes the AMG killer LOL [emoji6]

Lower your expectations, Eaton swap, suspension, enjoy. Or buy a much lighter weight car.

Studies show that handling and performance on these are the number nine cause of divorces, and when done right the number one feeling you get when you take away the smile from the "fast car" at the drop of the go pedal in this land barge.

You've been warned.

CWright
08-07-2016, 06:08 PM
And there goes the AMG killer LOL [emoji6]

Lower your expectations, Eaton swap, suspension, enjoy. Or buy a much lighter weight car.

Studies show that handling and performance on these are the number nine cause of divorces, and when done right the number one feeling you get when you take away the smile from the "fast car" at the drop of the go pedal in this land barge.

You've been warned.

100% agree!

MOTOWN
08-07-2016, 06:33 PM
An eaton swapped Marauder doesn't stand a chance against a normally aspirated CLS550 , let alone an AMG!

RubberCtyRauder
08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
I know these Teskid blocks are bitchin though!

Marauders dont have teksid blocks

03BlackWindDOHC
08-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Hey, hey, hahahaha, one can wish, lol. Naw, I just want something I like, take pride in, and can enjoy. I got OCD and can get "rowdy" with ideas, haha!! I thought Marauder's had Teskid's? Huh. Who made the blocks for the Marauder? How strong are they for an Eaton swap? I can't imagine what a Marauder would handle like with all the suspension mods installed and working right. I lead off of a lot of Mustangs, Chargers, and smaller BMW's and Benz's in the twisties, stock. Or no one can drive for **** in my town, haha. Seriously, my old P -71's were **** compared to my Marauder. Same roads.
I'll give up the AMG killer dream. I just want the best handling Marauder "I" can have. How's that? Lol

justbob
08-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Come to Louisville next April and I'll give ya a thrill ride!

03BlackWindDOHC
08-08-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm DEFINITELY coming to Louisville in the spring!! Hopefully I'll have another by then too! Probably will, my Galaxie is up for sale!

03BlackWindDOHC
08-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Damn, I'd love to take a ride in yours, from reading that list!!!!

Bad_S55
08-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Bob's "thrill ride" is something you'll never forget!!!

I'll be the first to start talking suspension. Start with the Addco sway bars, those are a must. Just remember to use Energy Suspension links for the rear. I pushed my car so damn hard that I ripped the rubber Addco ones apart! Go for rear control arms and watt's link next. Coilovers you can get from Naake, which uses a QA1 shock, or from Ridetech. A member by Lifespeed has a super duper fancy custom coilover deal from JRI, but it was upwards of $3000. Just remember, you get what you pay for, & Lifespeed's car is a carver. If you want to get REALLY crazy, message me. I have a few plans for spherical link, annoyingly stiff, straight up race track stuff.

RubberCtyRauder
08-08-2016, 03:37 PM
keep an eaton around 425 rwhp

03BlackWindDOHC
08-08-2016, 04:27 PM
I'll message you. I don't have too much education on suspension geometry, but I know a little and have an unbearable passion for these cars and what they're capable of. Where can I see footage or pictures of that cats ride! $3000 doesn't actually sound bad at all. I thought for something like that 10k min. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for info man!!

03BlackWindDOHC
08-08-2016, 04:28 PM
keep an eaton around 425 rwhp

That's plenty for me. For the beginning. Thanks!

RubberCtyRauder
08-08-2016, 05:08 PM
That's plenty for me. For the beginning. Thanks!

hope you got a big bank roll with all these mods you are planning. there is nothing inexpensive on these cars to modify. mod motors are expensive too to get power. most of here will not spend $3-4 k for shocks. the jri shocks are $8k

03BlackWindDOHC
08-08-2016, 06:25 PM
hope you got a big bank roll with all these mods you are planning. there is nothing inexpensive on these cars to modify. mod motors are expensive too to get power. most of here will not spend $3-4 k for shocks. the jri shocks are $8k

Over time. This all isn't gonna be over night or anything close. Just getting an idea of how far people are taking these cars and what I want to do to mine. The suspension mods up until coil overs are quite cheap I think. An Eaton swap, if planned right won't be over 3-4k. I'm not looking to be one of the top Marauder's in the community, I just want a supercharged Marauder that handles up to my expectations and limits. To be honest, I'd go all out on suspension mods before I even get to the Eaton, probably. I want the suspension to out perform everything.

RubberCtyRauder
08-08-2016, 08:35 PM
No problem..glad to see you have some reality as some folks come and go that don't. Don't forget to add install and dyno tune for Eaton swap..another $1200-1500 or so, less if you can install it and trailer it to a dyno worthy of tuning it.

Turbov6Bryan
08-08-2016, 10:28 PM
No problem..glad to see you have some reality as some folks come and go that don't. Don't forget to add install and dyno tune for Eaton swap..another $1200-1500 or so, less if you can install it and trailer it to a dyno worthy of tuning it.

Share dyno tune file?

03BlackWindDOHC
08-09-2016, 04:49 AM

I've been talking with Marty O, the man, on Facebook about it. I can do the install, I'm not too worried about it. I have experience with engines, I helped put the Procharger on my 1st P-71 and rebuilt the 390 in my 67 Galaxie. This is just my 1st Marauder. The only thing I'm probably gonna have Marty do is the wiring and plumbing. I can do and understand engines just fine until the wiring and some plumbing comes along, haha. Also, he'll be dynoing and tuning it for me. That's where most of my money will be going on the sawp. Marty picking up the pieces, haha. Yeah, I have hella reality when it comes to cars, but also illusions of granger, haha. I've had many projects in the past, but giving it all up for these Marauder's!

RubberCtyRauder
08-09-2016, 04:53 AM
Illusions of granger? the phrase is delusions of grandeur..LOL

justbob
08-09-2016, 04:55 AM
Illusions of granger? the phrase is delusions of grandeur..LOL

I don't know man. Good prices at Granger is in fact an illusion... He might be on to something.

RubberCtyRauder
08-09-2016, 05:18 AM
I don't know man. Good prices at Granger is in fact an illusion... He might be on to something.

I'm more of a McMaster Carr person

03BlackWindDOHC
08-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Illusions, delusions, haha, basically the same concept, lol, you all know what I mean!

03BlackWindDOHC
08-09-2016, 06:44 AM
Actually, they are both a phrase. Also, I spelled it wrong. It's grandeur, not granger, lol