PDA

View Full Version : Euro Marauderville Conference Call

MGDriver
08-18-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm the organizer of Euro-Marauderville (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101082) which is taking place concurrently to the original Marauderville in Cologne, Germany and I was wondering if perhaps you guys would be interested in a skype conference call between the two Maraudervilles in Cleveland and Cologne.

If there is any interest my suggestion would be to do it on September, 9th at 8 pm Central European Time which would be 2 pm Eastern Daylight Time for you in Cleveland. What are your thoughts? Any chance this could be included in the official MV 2016 Itinerary?

Mr. Man
08-18-2016, 08:22 PM
JSignorrelli was interested in a conference call. Well have to see if his grand kids can set him up with Skype.;)

Ms. Denmark
08-19-2016, 02:52 AM
I think it would be great. Timing is the biggest issue. I checked the state side itinerary and looks like most of us will be in and around the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame at 2 pm on the 9th. Maybe you and Ken can coordinate a suitable day and window of time?

jsignorelli
08-19-2016, 05:25 PM
I just returned from my train crossing of Canada, followed by a Princess cruise from Vancouver to Anchorage. I have been out of touch for four weeks.

I saw that crack about needing help from minors in setting up a skype call.... One question....what is skype?

How can I register for MV14. I can't find the email or posting. Found it. I told you I was old.

jsignorelli
08-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Hey Marvin:

Joanne and I will be wearing our 2nd Annual Euro-Marauderville shirts when we make the call.

We will send pictures.

Jim

Ken
08-21-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm the organizer of Euro-Marauderville (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101082) which is taking place concurrently to the original Marauderville in Cologne, Germany and I was wondering if perhaps you guys would be interested in a skype conference call between the two Maraudervilles in Cleveland and Cologne.

If there is any interest my suggestion would be to do it on September, 9th at 8 pm Central European Time which would be 2 pm Eastern Daylight Time for you in Cleveland. What are your thoughts? Any chance this could be included in the official MV 2016 Itinerary?Like Paula mentioned, we will be at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at that time. How about sometime on Saturday. I can check on internt connection for 2pm on Saturday at the car show, if that works?

RF Overlord
08-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Doing this would be a first for any Marauderville, and I like the idea. Hopefully those with more experience with Skype will chime in.

MGDriver
08-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Like Paula mentioned, we will be at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at that time. How about sometime on Saturday. I can check on internt connection for 2pm on Saturday at the car show, if that works?

I'm going to check with the other Euro folks for Saturday night, nothing particular is planned a that time yet, we'll probably be back in the hotel or finding a place to eat somewhere.

However some of us will already be on their way home at that time so you'll only be talking to half of the Euro crew then.

jsignorelli
08-24-2016, 07:50 AM
The Euro half of Marauderville will be at Miss Peppers, near Koln, on Friday night. This is 2:00 PM Cleveland time.

Using the cell phone connection would work for contacting the Koln crowd as they would be at the restaurant, either eating, or have just finished eating.

jsignorelli
08-31-2016, 11:42 AM
I think I am all set with the video call. My grand-daughter explained it to me.

I texted our others friends in Koln who ate dinner at Miss Pepper's last year. All I need is the start time for dinner so I can pass it along to Jonas and Thea.

Ken
08-31-2016, 08:58 PM
I think I am all set with the video call. My grand-daughter explained it to me.

I texted our others friends in Koln who ate dinner at Miss Pepper's last year. All I need is the start time for dinner so I can pass it along to Jonas and Thea.Remember when our parents came to us for these sort of things!

jsignorelli
09-01-2016, 08:51 AM
If I asked my parents for help with my cell phone... they would say..."What is a cell phone?"

Ken
09-04-2016, 07:42 PM
I was at the Rock hall this past Friday morning, it has free wi-fi, if that helps our connection. Just have to decide where to meet. The first level may work for a big group, but we can talk to them Friday

MGDriver
09-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Excellent, glad we can make the call on Friday happening, all other days would have been a bit difficult to do for us. Our table at Miss Peppers is reserved for 6.00 PM Cologne time so we're meeting up at around 5:45 PM in their parking lot which is 11:45 AM Cleveland time for you.

Jim, would you like to do a quick test run on skype with me before the meeting just to make sure everything works properly?

jsignorelli
09-05-2016, 10:51 AM
I am also bringing my laptop. One way or the other, this video conference is going to happen.

RF Overlord
09-05-2016, 12:18 PM
"I love it when a plan comes together."

- Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

jsignorelli
09-06-2016, 06:11 AM
Marvin (MGDriver) and I are doing a trial run today (Tuesday)
Between the S7 Galaxy and my laptop, we are going to make this happen!

jsignorelli
09-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Marvin and I just finished a video chat on Skype. OMG... it works!

We are all set for Friday. We call him at 2:00 PM our time (Cleveland).

Bluerauder
09-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Make sure that the gang knows where to rally together in the Hall of Fame.

MyBlackBeasts
09-06-2016, 04:46 PM

What time is that his time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsignorelli
09-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Germany is six hours ahead of us. When we call at 2:00 PM, our local time, it will be 8:00 PM at the restaurant in Koln. (Cologne)

MGDriver
09-07-2016, 04:27 AM
Everything is set up and working, fingers crossed the wifi in the restaurant will be stable enough to give us a good connection for a video chat. Hope to see you all on Friday!

Bluerauder
09-19-2016, 05:21 AM

So what was the final turnout for Euro-Marauderville ?? Any pics ?? How did the video connection work out ?? Need an update from our friends across the pond.

Mebot
09-19-2016, 05:31 AM
So what was the final turnout for Euro-Marauderville ?? Any pics ?? How did the video connection work out ?? Need an update from our friends across the pond.
Thought I read and saw pictures of 7 Marauders this year. But not sure if it was on this site or the mm.net Facebook page...

Mr. Man
09-19-2016, 10:09 AM
So what was the final turnout for Euro-Marauderville ?? Any pics ?? How did the video connection work out ?? Need an update from our friends across the pond.The attempt was to be made while we were at the R&RHof F. Jim was having an issue getting a strong enough WiFi connection to make it happen. Unless he found one later in the day I don't think the Skype time happened.

Are there pictures of this years Euro-Marauderville?

Bluerauder
09-19-2016, 01:26 PM
The attempt was to be made while we were at the R&RHof F. Jim was having an issue getting a strong enough WiFi connection to make it happen. Unless he found one later in the day I don't think the Skype time happened.

Yes, I talked to Jim before the planned Skype link at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. He said he was in touch via text. Just trying to find the final outcome and get an update on The 2nd Euro-Marauderville.

Mebot
09-20-2016, 11:34 AM

Yes on the Mercury Marauder Facebook page. Marvin posted them there. Hopefully he'll post here as well

Bluerauder
09-20-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes on the Mercury Marauder Facebook page. Marvin posted them there. Hopefully he'll post here as well

Which one ?? There are a bunch of them out there and some are Closed Groups.

Mebot
09-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Which one ?? There are a bunch of them out there and some are Closed Groups.
It is a closed group. It's MercuryMarauder.net and the group picture is a black MM doing a burnout.

Bluerauder
09-20-2016, 04:29 PM
It is a closed group. It's MercuryMarauder.net and the group picture is a black MM doing a burnout.

Well I am done with that Easter Egg hunt. Good luck finding them.

Mebot
09-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Well I am done with that Easter Egg hunt. Good luck finding them.
Sorry Charlie, i guess i should have looked closer. The group is Mercury Marauder Fan Club. My mistake

Anyways i pulled some of the pictures. I hope McGDriver doesn't mind me posting them here

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160921/920bd9e158775101b2501b52f535f0 13.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160921/12fb462acb7d570b163ceaac3672be f7.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160921/2f250fcba5dee7d172a4e0350e8c8c 6b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160921/4192ba43333f0e5e004ab1e6189072 2b.jpg

MGDriver
09-23-2016, 01:48 AM
I'm so sorry I haven't gotten around to post about Euro-Marauderville yet. We are currently in the process of moving house so my whole life is pretty much in boxes right now, including my girlfriends camera which we used to take most of the pictures. I posted a few pictures on Facebook that I took with my phone which was quick and easy, Mebot already shared them here I see, thanks for that!

Once my life is getting back to normal in our new apartment I will be doing a proper write up about Euro-Marauderville with lots of pictures, my girlfriend loves to take pictures so there's litterally a ton, but until then you will have to excuse me for a while. In the mean time perhaps any of the other Euro members could chime in a post some of theirs? Dereck where are you at?