PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a Great Time...Cleveland Rocked!!

Ms. Denmark
09-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Thanks to Jerry & Diane and Debbie & Ken for putting on a great party in Cleveland!! MV 14 did what all Maraudervilles do...and they did it so well, bring the cars and the people who love them together in one place and time... and in person and remind us that there is life beyond the keyboard! Plus you get to see some smokin' cars up close and personal.

Of course the best part of any MV is seeing old friends. Makes any trip worth while! And where else do you get to hang with Steve Babcock and get all your Marauder project questions answered? Plus we met so many new to us members on this trip and put faces to names we only knew on line. So if you couldn't make this one, come on out next year! Thanks again, guys! We had a great time!

Also want to thank the guys (and you know who you are) who answered questions and gave me their expert advice on my car when I needed it. Between ride height sensors and 0 rings, I got the very best advice and expert hands on help that money just couldn't buy. Another great perk of club membership...knowing all the right people. :cool: :D

Bluerauder
09-12-2016, 06:51 AM
Thanks to Jerry & Diane and Debbie & Ken for putting on a great party in Cleveland!! MV 14 did what all Maraudervilles do...and they did it so well.

Well said Paula !! Ken & Debbie and Pantheroc & Diane did an excellent job of putting this event together. Mrs. Bluerauder and I had a great time and hated to see it end. So many great activities that it is hard to pick a favorite. Friday at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame followed by the Goodtimes III Happy Hour cruise on Lake Erie was definitely memorable. Music and Memorabilia in the Hall of Fame brought back so many memories that it was an incredible experience. The Sunset- Happy Hour Cruise on Lake Erie was absolutely beautiful. Loved the train ( and especially the Club Car experience) on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway (CVSR) and the visit to the Hofbrauhaus also took us back to our 6 years in Germany. Just a great showcase of Cleveland from end-to-end in Marauderville 14. Absolutely terrific !!! :2thumbs:

I thought that the hotel choice was excellent. The huge 8 floor atrium provided an excellent view of the action on the ground floor below. The Manager's Free 2 hour Happy Hour every night beginning at 5:30 PM was definitely a bonus.

Thanks also to MM.Net owners and members for supporting this event and others like it. I consider the Marauder Gang among my closest friends.

The MM only car show at Fathead's Brewery and Taphouse also had a great turnout with 36 MMs represented (23 Black, 6 Silver, 4 DTR, and 3 Blue). Someone else has to post up the results from the car show and Wednesday night drag racing because I lost track during the Saturday night festivities.

I was also glad to see many new faces and screennames at MV14 including: Carnal Wigley, Laura Wollert, Jameel Talley, Big Mercur, Paris Loury (in a SB that he just bought 28 days ago), Jack Soulidis Jr. (in a SB with 7736 miles), mm svt, and 2 mercs !!! Very nice to meet you all !! Hope to see you again at Carlisle, Louisville or some of the other regional or local meets of MM friends and family.

jsignorelli
09-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Joanne and I talked about the great time we had during our drive home. We thought about other venues for future gatherings, with the pros and cons. The bonding that took place this week was amazing. Thank you to all who made this a memory for life.

HammerDown
09-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Big thanks to Ken, Deb, Jerry & Diane for another great Marauderville trip.
Everything Ms. Denmark & Bluerauder said. Weather was great, too!!! (the short storms moved through quick)

Thanks again!!! Had a great time with old and NEW friends.

Connie & Jack (Fordfrk)

RF Overlord
09-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Ken, Deb, Jerry, and Diane continued a long string of wonderful Maraudervilles. I had a great time and my only regret is that I didn't meet many of the newer members.

Papillon
09-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Thank you to the planning gang for another great Marauderville. I had a wonderful time and it was so great to meet so many new members and put the face to the screen name!

Great job, y'all! :beer:

Blackened300a
09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Someone else has to post up the results from the car show and Wednesday night drag racing because I lost track during the Saturday night festivities.

Best in show Supercharged/ Turbocharged...
1st place. RubbercityMarauder 04 Silver
2nd place. LadyHawke 03 Black
3rd Place. Erik Lowry (Not sure of screen name) 03 Black

Best in show Naturally aspirated...
1st place. F/W Linc/Merc 03 Black
2nd Place. 05 Crownsport 03 Silver
3rd place. Mike Brown 04 DTR

Best in show 100k-200k miles...
03mmmonroe 03 Black

Best in show over 200K miles...
James79Stang 03 Black

Best in show engine supercharged/turbocharged...
lji372 04 Black

Best in show engine naturally aspirated...
WPG Merc 03 Black

Best in show overall for Marauderville 14
Jack Soulis Jr (Not sure of screen name) 03 silver

Drag Racing....

Ken won best ET, and reaction time for the NA cars, the SC award winner went to one car as well. I believe his name was Riley but I'm not sure of screen name. Feel free to add information if available.

Great time as always, it was nice to visit Cleveland again after so many years and always great to see my current friends and make new ones while at the event. Thank you to Ken, Debbie, Jerry, Diane, Mary, Dan, and those who helped put everything together for the this years Marauderville.

Bluerauder
09-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Thanks Paul !! I knew you had the list. Too bad your car was not able to make it to the show.

Blackened300a
09-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Thanks Paul !! I knew you had the list. Too bad your car was not able to make it to the show.

I wanted everyone else to win something for a change. :cool::D;)

Ken
09-12-2016, 02:41 PM
:argue:
Drag Racing....

Ken won best ET, and reaction time for the NA cars, the SC award winner went to one car as well. I believe his name was Riley but I'm not sure of screen name. Feel free to add information if available.

Great time as always, it was nice to visit Cleveland again after so many years and always great to see my current friends and make new ones while at the event. Thank you to Ken, Debbie, Jerry, Diane, Mary, Dan, and those who helped put everything together for the this years Marauderville.Supercharged winner was mmsvt, otherwise known as Riley Turk. James79Stang won the most miles traveled... 1446 miles from San Antonio TX. WPG Merc was not far behind, coming from Winnipeg.

And thanks to all of the racers, but you didn't have to let me win! But that brisk 89 degree cooldown put me over the top!

We were only the planners/ organizers/ facilitators. Everyone in attendance made the event. Even the new guys commented on that. Made me proud to be associated with all of you!

lji372
09-12-2016, 04:07 PM
It was a great time!

Thank you to all who had a hand in it. :bows:

I'm thankful for meeting some members in person as well as a few new members :bows:

How could this ever get old :confused:

MyBlackBeasts
09-12-2016, 05:44 PM
I concur! Ken & crew, GREAT job!

a_d_a_m
09-12-2016, 05:47 PM
I wish I could have stayed for more of the weekend, especially Saturday night. Alas, midnight shift beckoned. I was glad to have been there Friday night.

To all of those who came to Cleveland, thank you for checking out our city. Hopefully some of the "mistake on the lake" jokes can be put to rest now? :D

Ms. Denmark
09-12-2016, 05:59 PM
I wish I could have stayed for more of the weekend, especially Saturday night. Alas, midnight shift beckoned. I was glad to have been there Friday night.

To all of those who came to Cleveland, thank you for checking out our city. Hopefully some of the "mistake on the lake" jokes can be put to rest now? :D
Sorry we missed meeting you! Cleveland was pretty impressive and Eric and I enjoyed your city a lot.

HammerDown
09-12-2016, 06:11 PM

ahh, YES!!!, no more jokes. We enjoyed walking around the city area from the Rock Hall tour. Think we logged around 5 miles on our "step" counters. We will have to come back and see more stuff -- great city!!!!

Merc-O-matic
09-12-2016, 08:41 PM
A special big THANK YOU to Ken & Debbie/Jerry & Diane for all
of their efforts and hard work in making Marauderville 14
a great success enjoyed by all.
A Cleveland native I have wanted to ride the CVSR for the past
40 years and Marauderville finally made it happen. LOL
Nice to meet some old friends and make some new ones,
including Steve Babcock.....truly a great guy.

Gotta Love It!:D

Mr. Man
09-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Had a great time and oh yeah just one more joke

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6N7YG3ZJ9T glYQUWIw-N7XU7OuLkcCQmKMzmKg9xXl-ieuKkq :D:P

RubberCtyRauder
09-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Best in show Supercharged/ Turbocharged...
1st place. RubbercityMarauder 04 Silver (Should be RubberCtyRauder)
2nd place. LadyHawke 03 Black
3rd Place. Erik Lowry (Not sure of screen name) 03 Black

I certainly wasn't expecting this, there were lots of awesome Marauders, I appreciate and am humbled by being chosen by my Marauder peers that did the judging.

I too wish to thank all those responsible for coordinating the proposal and events for Cleveland Marauderville 14 and to the members who travelled from close by or from far away. I'm sorry that I did not get to meet each member that was there and to chat a few minutes with each of you at least. This was my first event other than meeting with some local members at a show or something or going up to see Jerry's kids (Garage full of Marauders) and Darren was there as well (Spectragod) this spring. For those that I got to meet, thank you for welcoming me and for those that I missed, I hope to cross paths with all of you in a future event.

It was very cool to meet Steve Babcock and hear some of the background about the program, and see that he is proud of the short lived program and the people like us that continue to support it. He said that night he never expected a following of this car like it still is.

a_d_a_m
09-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Cleveland was pretty impressive and Eric and I enjoyed your city a lot.

ahh, YES!!!, no more jokes. We enjoyed walking around the city area from the Rock Hall tour. We will have to come back and see more stuff -- great city!!!! Come back anytime! :beer:

DWSTANG67
09-12-2016, 09:36 PM
A special thanks to Ken, Deb, Jerry & Diane for another great Marauderville trip

Had a good time once again with the Marauder family, Also great job to paul and other judges handling the car show.

It was great to see everyone and meet new members.

Ken
09-13-2016, 08:31 AM
A special big THANK YOU to Ken & Debbie/Jerry & Diane for all
of their efforts and hard work in making Marauderville 14
a great success enjoyed by all. Like I mentioned in another post, we only set the agenda/venues. It's the people that make the events legendary! So, With that said, I wish to thank each and every one that attended and made it what it was. I'm just glad that everything worked out!
A Cleveland native I have wanted to ride the CVSR for the past
40 years and Marauderville finally made it happen. LOL Isn't that the truth, we generally don't play the tourist in our own towns!
Nice to meet some old friends and make some new ones, Great to see you Al, I missed thanking you before you left the car show
including Steve Babcock.....truly a great guy. Truth! :beer:

Gotta Love It!:D
Come back anytime! :beer:And make sure to let us know that you're coming, I'm sure that we can meet up at least once.

jsignorelli
09-13-2016, 12:22 PM
If you didn't get to see the second floor of the Cleveland Hofbrau, attached is an idea of a great place to hold a party. A few of us went to the party area...WOW!

Bluerauder
09-13-2016, 01:14 PM
If you didn't get to see the second floor of the Cleveland Hofbrau, attached is an idea of a great place to hold a party. A few of us went to the party area...WOW!

Those must be canned photos of the ballroom and the private meeting rooms & bar. You must be a Hermit Club member to use or rent those facilities. My wife and I along with Dan & Julie walked back there and up to the 2nd floor ballroom on the night we had dinner there. We got some pics. It was not set up like it is in your pics. Very impressive nonetheless. The private dining area was just like a real gasthaus in Germany. The theater/ballroom upstairs with its timber Tudor architecture made me feel I was in a castle in old England waiting for the Knights of the Round Table. That reminds me that I have to research "The Hermit Club" founded in 1904. They still meet there in those rooms. Lots of the club's memorabilia in cases and hanging on the walls.

The Hermit Club is the nation's oldest continuously operating private non-professional performing arts club. They offer performances in drama, orchestra, big band, jazz, chamber music, choral, choir and more. They host many events throughout the year including the Wassail Bowl (formal dinner & dance) at Christmas time. Must be a member to participate and use their private Bierstube/bar and restaurant area. The Hermit Club has operated under a lease with the Hofbrauhaus since 2014 which provides all of their food and beverage service for meetings and events. Prior to that the club operated under a 99 year lease with the Playhouse Theater District which had expired. The Hermit Club was established in 1904. If I was a Cleveland resident, I'd definitely be a member.

Gryphonzus
09-14-2016, 06:18 AM
THANK YOU Ken & Debbie/Jerry & Diane Joann and I had a great time. Hated to leave. Looking forward to the next get together.