PDA

View Full Version : Autumn in New Hampshire

NavySeabee
09-19-2016, 02:17 PM
How many, if any would be interested in cruising the www.kancamagushighway.com/ on Saturday, Oct 8th?

It will be peak season for foliage and perfect for Marauder pics! Been wanting to check the highway out for several years but haven't yet. Possibly get a list of places to check out along the way and even make it an over-niter?

Anyone interested?

Mr. Man
09-19-2016, 02:29 PM
It's a beautiful drive and fun if you don't get caught behind a camper. DWStang67 and Ms.D and I did it a few years back. We didn't see much as we had open road most of the way.:burnout::D

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it. Even if you get no takers it's worth the trip. Lots of good roads up in Northern NH to explore.

NavySeabee
09-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Even if you get no takers it's worth the trip. Lots of good roads up in Northern NH to explore.

Oh yeah, I plan to make it a weekend either way, unless it's crappy weather.

Mr. Man
09-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Depending on the touristas North Conway area has lots to do, MT. Washington auto road, Conway scenic train ride, shopping at the outlets, etc. As I recall Rt 16 up to Errol is very scenic and not to touristy. Cross over at Dixville Notch and come back down the VT/NH side and there are a few covered bridges. It should be easy to entertain yourselves. Stay at the Mt. Washington old time resort. You only live once. I'd recommend the Balsams in Dixville but it's closed for renovations. Might need a slacks and jacket for dinners.:)

PRCARGUY
09-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Loved the general store in north conway, scenic train ride(take the observation cars)Mt Washington auto road is incredible. Was up there back in 2009. Would love to go again but can't do this right now.

jsignorelli
09-19-2016, 07:47 PM
I am committed for Oct 8th. Columbia University has an open house at our Geology research station and I have to man the volcano lab.

If anyone would like to attend, it is 100 yards past the NY/NJ border on 9W north. Free admission. The tree ring lab, ocean core lab, volcano labs, and the earth-quake labs will all be open with tours of the forest. The labs are housed at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades NY, at the top of the Palisades cliffs.

Ms. Denmark
09-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Would love to do this Pete, but as the Man said we can't get up there in October this year. :( (Plan to be up there for Thanksgiving though)

jerrym3
09-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Cathedral Ledge, Echo Lake, Diana's Bath all in North Conway. But I hear the water level is very low, so lakes, streams etc may not be as pretty.

Kancamangus is a nice ride, but not even close to the Mt Washington Auto Road.

I did the Auto Road once in my 03 retrobird with the top down. Wow! SST trans got a good work out up and down. Took the road three additional times, twice in late 89 Towncars and once in a 68 Cycone GT fastback, 4 sp.

Krytin
09-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Look for Bear Notch Road. Has some really beautiful views.
It does close for the winter although I took my '88 Bronco across in January one year - someone left the gate open in Bartlett. Used to live in Bethlehem from '87 to '94.

F1erceK
09-22-2016, 10:22 AM
I could do it, I live up in Maine

Guittard22
09-24-2016, 04:42 AM
Pete - sounds fun -you doing the car show by you tomorrow ?

NavySeabee
09-24-2016, 06:02 AM
Cathedral Ledge, Echo Lake, Diana's Bath all in North Conway. But I hear the water level is very low, so lakes, streams etc may not be as pretty.

Kancamangus is a nice ride, but not even close to the Mt Washington Auto Road.

I did the Auto Road once in my 03 retrobird with the top down. Wow! SST trans got a good work out up and down. Took the road three additional times, twice in late 89 Towncars and once in a 68 Cycone GT fastback, 4 sp.

Thanks! Not very familiar with the area. I'll put these places on my list!

NavySeabee
09-24-2016, 06:03 AM
Pete - sounds fun -you doing the car show by you tomorrow ?

Guittard! Where have you been man!?!? I'm going as a spectator for a little while.

Guittard22
10-14-2016, 07:48 AM
Guittard! Where have you been man!?!? I'm going as a spectator for a little while.

I've been just working staying out of trouble working on my new house that I got will be selling a eaton and trilogy blower soon on the website so I can fund my trilogy install a new couch for the house :D

Haggis
10-14-2016, 08:25 AM

He is still recovering from that shot from the Skull of Death.

Ms. Denmark
10-14-2016, 01:52 PM
He is still recovering from that shot from the Flaming Skull of Death. Fixed! :cool:

Haggis
10-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Fixed! :cool:

That's it!!!! I forgot what it was called.

Mr. Man
10-15-2016, 10:41 AM
That's it!!!! I forgot what it was called.
Your drinking to much of your own poison there Barn ;)

NavySeabee
10-15-2016, 04:58 PM

Youngsters these days.

Guittard22
03-21-2017, 05:27 AM

My tolerance has gotten better Ha- that was a crazy shot :puke:

Youngsters these days.

Yes but we all get older :bigcry:

Haggis
03-21-2017, 07:49 AM
My tolerance has gotten better Ha- that was a crazy shot :puke:

Yes but we all get older :bigcry:

You're still not over that shot I see, you are 5 months behind the curve.

Ms. Denmark
03-21-2017, 11:35 AM

See what you've done there, Gordon? The Flaming Skull has seriously fried his poor brain! :bounce::bounce:

Guittard22
03-21-2017, 11:35 AM

Home made moon shine right ? Triple distilled or something :P

Mr. Man
03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Home made moon shine right ? Triple distilled or something :P
Moonshine quivers at the thought of the poison Haggy baby makes.