PDA

View Full Version : Tuning

vandb
05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
I would like to find someone in the St. Louis, MO - Evansville, IN - Paducah, KY area who knows how to properly tune my 2003. It's slow off the line. Once above 3000 rpm it does fine. Maybe not getting enough fuel at low rpm?

dwasson
05-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I would like to find someone in the St. Louis, MO - Evansville, IN - Paducah, KY area who knows how to properly tune my 2003. It's slow off the line. Once above 3000 rpm it does fine. Maybe not getting enough fuel at low rpm?

What you have is a 4 valve modular V8. As we say in the computer business, "That is a feature, not a fault." Write to Lidio at Alternative Auto and all will be made right.

djmcnary
05-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the site Vandb. Where about in Southern Illinois are you? Anywhere near Murphysboro? I have been looking and looking, but still haven't even seen another MM! Let me know what you find out with the tunning quest....I would love to know that we have someone in the area for future reference.

Douglas

junehhan
05-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Hi and welcome to the Marauder community. That's actually normal and as mentioned, a feature of the 32 valve DOHC V8 motor. It's a motor that generally isn't hot on low end torque, but creates hp at higher rpms. I agree that you should give Lidio a call at Alternative Auto, or Dennis a call at his shop. The most popular modification is a chip and a rear end gear ratio swap. The chip will offer a small power gain along with correcting the shifting habits of the transmission, while the gear swap will help you get into the powerband and stay in the power faster. A 4.10 gear swap seems to be the most popular while some guys are choosing to do 4.30's, or eve 4.56's. With the gear swap, you'll probably want to upgrade the driveshaft as well.

Dennis Reinhart
05-26-2004, 05:00 AM

Call me I will help any way I can

vandb
06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Thank you for the help!