PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Lidio for the Performance

bigslim
05-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Well it didn't rain here in the Motor City so I took my baby out to the dealer for a final rub out of the paint today. I must say my car looks great now. The rear facia is great and the rest car looks better than new. Anyway, on the way home tonight I pulled up next to a silver MM and waved to the guy. He snobbed me and took off. Well the next light I pulled up next to him and waited for the light to change. When it changed I jumped on him and then continued to put distance between him and I. The next light he thought he would try it again. Well, he had no luck then either. This time as was able to gain enough ground to get in front of him so he could see my license plate and my mirrors. I must say this was the first run against an "04" MM and I was very impressed. I guess he won't snob me anymore now that he has seen my signature (plates, mirrors). Thanks Lidio for waking up my MM.

MI2QWK4U
05-24-2004, 09:55 PM
I know the feeling Darryl. Lidio fine tuned a couple of things at the dyno day, and picked up some more horsepower. First run was 439 RWHP, which I will be honest about, with the heat and humidity I was shocked. After a cool down while he worked some magic and reburned my chip, The second pull resulted in a whopping 451 RWHP. Goes to show what a world class tuner can do if they know their stuff! With a couple of minor bolt ons we are testing, it is reasonable to expect 475 at the rear wheels. Then we will see where things stand in the 1/4 mile...I dont like being 3rd in anything I do....

junehhan
05-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Well it didn't rain here in the Motor City so I took my baby out to the dealer for a final rub out of the paint today. I must say my car looks great now. The rear facia is great and the rest car looks better than new. Anyway, on the way home tonight I pulled up next to a silver MM and waved to the guy. He snobbed me and took off. Well the next light I pulled up next to him and waited for the light to change. When it changed I jumped on him and then continued to put distance between him and I. The next light he thought he would try it again. Well, he had no luck then either. This time as was able to gain enough ground to get in front of him so he could see my license plate and my mirrors. I must say this was the first run against an "04" MM and I was very impressed. I guess he won't snob me anymore now that he has seen my signature (plates, mirrors). Thanks Lidio for waking up my MM.

That's pretty impressive with the gears and chip. It makes it so much more tempting for me, although i'm going to opt for the tuner. I'm been dreaming of being able to line up next to another Marauder, but no such luck yet. Heck, Marauders are such a rare sight around here as I havn't seen one in a very long time now.

bigslim
05-24-2004, 10:24 PM
That is real impressive Dave. Isn't 475 hp really pushing it to the limit? I know you don't want to be third so good luck on the new tuning.

MI2QWK4U
05-25-2004, 08:37 AM
That is real impressive Dave. Isn't 475 hp really pushing it to the limit? I know you don't want to be third so good luck on the new tuning.

I am sure it may be pushing it a little bit, these motors can handle a lot as long as the tuning is done right. I get the impression these motors are pretty stout as long as you dont get a detonation, and that is all about the tuning. I think with a couple of things planned, the car should run easily down to very low 12s, if not dip into the high 11s. For me its all about going as fast as possible and maintain the drivability.

TAF
05-25-2004, 08:39 AM
For me its all about going as fast as possible and maintain the drivability.
Agreed Dave :up:

Of course...there is the "bling-factor"...as well :D ;)