PDA

View Full Version : Up comming shows and cruise-ins.

fastblackmerc
05-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Found some of these on www.hemmings.com, we may want to participate as a group.

6/5 - Wake Forest Police Dept. 2nd Annual Open Car Show to benefit D.A.R.E. at the old Chris Leith Chevy lot, Wake Forest. Cost: $20.00

6/25 - 6/27 Fun FORD Weekend at Virginia Motorsports Park, Richmond, VA.

7/10 - 3rd Annual Laurinburg Collector Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show, 1609 South Main Street Laurinburg, NC. Free registration & admission.

9/25 - Fast FORDs in the Fall Drag Race, Car Show & Swap Meet, Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, NC.

10/02 - Mustang & All FORD Powered Car Show, Dillards parking lot, Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut Street, Cary, NC. Cost: $15.00 pre-registration (before 9/25), $20.00 day of the show (bring 4 cans of non-pershable food and get $5.00 discount day of the show). Dash plaques to the first 100 entries. 50/50 drawing with proceeds go to Food Bank of North Carolina.

11/TBD- Carolina Collector Fall Auto Fest, NC State Fair Grounds, Raleigh, NC. Rain or Shine. Sunday - 1973 - present vehicles. This spring the registration was $20.00, no idea what it will cost this fall.

Cruise-Ins:

Grill57, Garner, NC. see www.grill57.com for dates.

Events all the time:

Fayetteville Motor Sports Park:

Test-n-Tune - every Thurday, Gates open at 6:00PM, Sunday, Gates open at 1:00PM, I belive the cost is $8.00 to register and $8.00 unlimited runs.

Freaky Fridays - all night Test-n-Tune the 1st Friday of every month (beginning April 2nd). No idea of the cost.

Bracket Racing - every 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Friday of every month (beginning march 12th).

Marauderman
05-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Found some of these on www.hemmings.com, we may want to participate as a group.

6/5 - Wake Forest Police Dept. 2nd Annual Open Car Show to benefit D.A.R.E. at the old Chris Leith Chevy lot, Wake Forest. Cost: $20.00

6/25 - 6/27 Fun FORD Weekend at Virginia Motorsports Park, Richmond, VA.

7/10 - 3rd Annual Laurinburg Collector Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show, 1609 South Main Street Laurinburg, NC. Free registration & admission.

9/25 - Fast FORDs in the Fall Drag Race, Car Show & Swap Meet, Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, NC.

10/02 - Mustang & All FORD Powered Car Show, Dillards parking lot, Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut Street, Cary, NC. Cost: $15.00 pre-registration (before 9/25), $20.00 day of the show (bring 4 cans of non-pershable food and get $5.00 discount day of the show). Dash plaques to the first 100 entries. 50/50 drawing with proceeds go to Food Bank of North Carolina.

11/TBD- Carolina Collector Fall Auto Fest, NC State Fair Grounds, Raleigh, NC. Rain or Shine. Sunday - 1973 - present vehicles. This spring the registration was $20.00, no idea what it will cost this fall.

Cruise-Ins:

Grill57, Garner, NC. see www.grill57.com for dates.

Events all the time:

Fayetteville Motor Sports Park:

Test-n-Tune - every Thurday, Gates open at 6:00PM, Sunday, Gates open at 1:00PM, I belive the cost is $8.00 to register and $8.00 unlimited runs.

Freaky Fridays - all night Test-n-Tune the 1st Friday of every month (beginning April 2nd). No idea of the cost.

Bracket Racing - every 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Friday of every month (beginning march 12th).
Well, gotta admit I like seeing someone stepping up with some info for us all to consider--and oh BTW, welcome to the site fastblackmerc---we are always glad to add another to the Carolina Marauders forum--

All your info looks interesting and nice to have things to consider doing....

BUt it's nice for us all to tell where we are located to get a better idea so we can even make contacts on an add-hock basis....so cough it up bud...the Carolina's are two big states.....stay with us and post along....oh yeah....can you enlighten us about the "fastblackmerc" ..that along is interesting data,.......Thanks....Tom

gdmjoe
05-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Give this link (http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/d/gdmjoe/gdmjlae.html) a test drive.

fastblackmerc
06-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, gotta admit I like seeing someone stepping up with some info for us all to consider--and oh BTW, welcome to the site fastblackmerc---we are always glad to add another to the Carolina Marauders forum--

All your info looks interesting and nice to have things to consider doing....

BUt it's nice for us all to tell where we are located to get a better idea so we can even make contacts on an add-hock basis....so cough it up bud...the Carolina's are two big states.....stay with us and post along....oh yeah....can you enlighten us about the "fastblackmerc" ..that along is interesting data,.......Thanks....Tom

I live in the wonderful little hamlet of Cary.

BTW... Brought the Marauder into Capital L&M of Cary today..... Found a couple of defects in the paint... was sitting at a stoplight and the oil pressure went to 0 (no noise or other problems, might be just an electrical connection loose), and the CD changer in the trunk doesn't work (no power to it). Just got a call from the service dept. Eventhough I dropped the car off today @ 7:30AM it wouldn't be ready today!! I can understand that they have to get a body shop to fix the paint, but one of their techs can't figure out why there is no power to the CD changer??? No power to the CD changer connector & fuse is good, so it's most likely something disconnected in between. I'd fix it myself (was a L&M / Ford mechanic for over 10 years), but I thought I'd give first crack at it. Just think it's strange that they couldn't fix it.....

A friend of mine belongs to the Mustang club and I think they might want us to join. Will let you know.

Thanks to gdmjoe for the link (I should have thought of that).