PDA

View Full Version : Spotted a Marauder in Lufkin

mrjones
05-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Pulling out of El Chico's tonight, I spotted another Marauder a few cars ahead of us. I had my wife, who was driving the Marauder, follow them as they pulled into Red Lobster. She parked beside them and I said, "Damn, that's a nice looking car!" The couple was down from Tyler. They said they loved their car, but I think they were ready to eat, and not to talk about the car. When we left, my wife said "They're not enthusiasts". My take was that they went down to the dealer to buy a GM, and just saw a nice black one with pretty shiny wheels.

I wonder how often that happens?

Haggis
05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Pulling out of El Chico's tonight, I spotted another Marauder a few cars ahead of us. I had my wife, who was driving the Marauder, follow them as they pulled into Red Lobster. She parked beside them and I said, "Damn, that's a nice looking car!" The couple was down from Tyler. They said they loved their car, but I think they were ready to eat, and not to talk about the car. When we left, my wife said "They're not enthusiasts". My take was that they went down to the dealer to buy a GM, and just saw a nice black one with pretty shiny wheels.

Did you leave a calling card under their windshield after they went into eat? At least a note pad with the site on it. Remember we're fantics and fantics never give up. :lol:

2003 MIB
05-27-2004, 06:22 AM

ALL THE TIME!!!!- I really hope it's not a Texas thing. I chase MM drivers down when I see them (current hit count is 5) and give them a calling card or information. Most of the time they look at me like I've got a mental disorder (especially when I'm in the CPU- commuter pick up). Johnman is my only successful joining member. I yelled at him through an open window and now he's on the board and comes out to shows etc... I know we're the minority of Marauder buyers who love the cars rather than just like them but I'll continue to reach out to anyone who just might be a stray that needs to hear the word. If they aren't into "the scene" that's okay but there's alway a chance they don't know about the site. There's also a chance I'm not the best MM.net missionary- Maury (Cruzer) is pretty successful at bringing folks to the site. Don't give up-it's all in fun.

RVT04
05-27-2004, 01:44 PM
ALL THE TIME!!!!- I really hope it's not a Texas thing. I chase MM drivers down when I see them (current hit count is 5) and give them a calling card or information. Most of the time they look at me like I've got a mental disorder (especially when I'm in the CPU- commuter pick up). Johnman is my only successful joining member. I yelled at him through an open window and now he's on the board and comes out to shows etc... I know we're the minority of Marauder buyers who love the cars rather than just like them but I'll continue to reach out to anyone who just might be a stray that needs to hear the word. If they aren't into "the scene" that's okay but there's alway a chance they don't know about the site. There's also a chance I'm not the best MM.net missionary- Maury (Cruzer) is pretty successful at bringing folks to the site. Don't give up-it's all in fun.
it may not be a Texas thing only but i sure can't help myself when i see a fellow marauder owner i gotta catch em and talk if they will stop that is.
today i saw a 300a on 121 in the mid-cities and it had blue plates/
man it took some dale earnhart moves to get close to the guy in heavy traffic
before i could see the car was from oregon had two people in it and he would not role down the window or slow down or get off the fwy so i just buzzed around him gave a good shot of my red letters leaving at speed and bailed
maybe he had to be back in oregon in time for supper,lol oh yeah i thought it sounded a little bit throatier than stock,maybe was doing a reinhart turnaround and did not have time to stop and shoot the ...t with a redneck from Texas
lol

2003 MIB
05-28-2004, 04:19 AM
it may not be a Texas thing only but i sure can't help myself when i see a fellow marauder owner i gotta catch em and talk if they will stop that is.

Me too- Somewhere in the grand scheme of things, I know that the Marauder has limited marketplace appeal. Not very many people bought them and I also know that we're an even smaller sub-set of fanatics in that population.
I think the chances of bringing someone new to the site/club are small- if they were like us, they would seek us out with a simple click of the search engine. Will I stop trying? Nope- it's fun and doesn't hurt anyone- that's my litmus test for life :D

Incidently, Steve...You are a member of a sub-sub-set as a family that actively owns and drives multiple Marauders. So, as nutty as the "civilian" may think I am, I'd love to see the face of a stranger when y'all tell him y'all have two. :lol: :lol: