PDA

View Full Version : Where's Louisville??

MM2004
02-06-2017, 04:11 PM
I get it. The cars are old, but Louisville never was about the cars. It was about the people. There use to be so many threads about Louisville when I was hosting it, that I would have to either close some or have some closed in order to keep my shat straight. Now, the exact opposite is happening.

Sad. Very sad, only to see it die this quickly. That is in spite of me ever thinking it would be as successful as it once was.

While Louisville is no longer my "baby", I'm still taken aback at both the lack of hype and interest shown.

Mike.

guspech750
02-06-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm right there with you buddy.

When I could not go at the last moment last year. I thought I'd be pissed. But I wasn't. Actually, NFG. And that's coming from someone who has cherished every trip to Lville and Mvilles.
Seeing no enthusiasm, it's disheartening.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

L.Mark
02-06-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm seeing the ones who have had the cars a long while getting out of the Marauder thing. Those also use to be the ones that posted the most about it. The newer owners have probably never been to the Louisville Meet so don't know what all the hype is about. I consider this more about the people like Mike said, a vacation that included the cars not the other way around...

Turbov6Bryan
02-06-2017, 05:21 PM
I'm a newbie, i met a buch of you guys there at lv last year

It was tons of fun :)

I did get Jerry drunk a few times,lolz

Spectragod
02-06-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm a newbie, i met a buch of you guys there at lv last year

It was tons of fun :)

I did get Jerry drunk a few times,lolz

Jerry doesn't need any help getting drunk......just sayin'

Turbov6Bryan
02-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Well I bought him his " b i t c h " beer he likes.... and it was ice cold

It was a good time

MyBlackBeasts
02-06-2017, 06:03 PM
I think this will be my 4th or 5th (I need to figure this out) and I can't even describe to a newby how damn much fun the event is for such a small cost. Cheapest GD vacation a person can take short of staying home!!!

justbob
02-06-2017, 06:04 PM
I've been to the last eight. Good memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james79stang
02-06-2017, 07:14 PM
I just don't talk much... more just look.. already booked with my buddy.
est mileage rolling will be 293k.

lji372
02-06-2017, 07:27 PM
I believe I have 2-3 new people coming this year. Met them in Cleveland.
Some won't make it because of Easter, I get it and don't fault them.
Wouldn't miss it...

Xmas in April ftmfw!!

jimlam56
02-07-2017, 04:21 AM
The same thing happened to us down in Florida. We used to be the biggest MM group on here. Sad, but I guess all things change...

Drewstang
02-07-2017, 06:38 AM
I've been in and out for a while and being that I live here I always looked forward to the meet. The last several years were rough for us and I couldn't make it. I'm hoping to change that this year. The thing I see that changed the most as an outsider looking in was the impeccable organization of the events and the places we visited were of general interest. Sure, some went other directions but for the most part everyone traveled as a group. Its frustrating trying to get 40-50 cars to stay together in traffic, but it was also one of the coolest things I've seen. Imagine people in this day and age seeing all those cars in a line heading somewhere. There would be a viral video about feds rolling out, all we would need is someone to fly a Trump flag.

L.Mark
02-07-2017, 07:53 AM
I've been in and out for a while and being that I live here I always looked forward to the meet. The last several years were rough for us and I couldn't make it. I'm hoping to change that this year. The thing I see that changed the most as an outsider looking in was the impeccable organization of the events and the places we visited were of general interest. Sure, some went other directions but for the most part everyone traveled as a group. Its frustrating trying to get 40-50 cars to stay together in traffic, but it was also one of the coolest things I've seen. Imagine people in this day and age seeing all those cars in a line heading somewhere. There would be a viral video about feds rolling out, all we would need is someone to fly a Trump flag.

I agree with most of this...as for the "immpeccable organization of the events...", well it's a more laid back type time. As Mike had said he was getting frustrated with people not showing and screwing his numbers all up, well, most we talked to like the lax schedule. With the influx of new blood there is a lot of venues they have not seen where as the veterans have seen it. They are free to go and do and still meet back at the hotel for fun and giggles. Same goes for the food. Not everybody like the places picked in the past so why not let people go where they want without having to explain why they didn't show at the place scheduled. Times and people are changing and we are trying to keep pace with drawing people to the Meet as well as giving some flexibility to go with the times...it's a Louisville vacation first, and I think the Itinerary should show that....as for the motorcades, well, in the past several years I have watched the streets and expressways get more and more chaotic with drivers really not caring what or who. Would rather have smaller groups then one big one...not complaining, just explaining...:):)

Curless
02-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Last year the cookout was one of my favorite events... having that in the parking lot was awesome! If you have never gone, you don't know what you're missing. It's worth a shot, if you don't like it don't do it again... it's like a shot at the bar... I mean some people would never try a one legged lesbian kickboxer if it was not for me!!!!!!

lji372
02-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Rumor has it someone is bringing a gnx and 3 sets of rear tires to offer everyone a turn to do a burnout in a gnx. Now where else could you go and do that.

We thank you in advance Curless :bows:

Drewstang
02-07-2017, 09:13 AM
I'd take a set of GNX wheels for my GN. I'll even take them with bald tires.

8UWITH6
02-07-2017, 11:23 AM
We will be there to see our friends, hype or no hype.

Turbov6Bryan
02-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Rumor has it someone is bringing a gnx and 3 sets of rear tires to offer everyone a turn to do a burnout in a gnx. Now where else could you go and do that.

We thank you in advance Curless :bows:

THAT is funny!! But I heard those FBI twin turbo GNXs can't even do a burnout....... guess we will never know. Lmao!!

MOTOWN
02-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I have an opportunity to buy back one of my 87 GNs the owner put 0 miles on and its sitting in his garage looking like the day I sold it! Decisions Decisions!

8UWITH6
02-11-2017, 08:31 PM
No brainer. Will we see Roger and a car in Looseville?

lji372
02-11-2017, 09:29 PM
I have an opportunity to buy back one of my 87 GNs the owner put 0 miles on and its sitting in his garage looking like the day I sold it! Decisions Decisions!

I have $8.00

Just sayin.....