PDA

View Full Version : New England Foliage Meet

RF Overlord
05-17-2004, 06:39 AM
Now that FOORD has nixed the 2005.5 S/C version, I'm starting to do more mods to the Blackbird, specifically Dennis's Cobra E/Ms and his high-flow cat/x-pipe setup. I've also added underdrive pulleys since my dyno-tune last May, and I want to get a new set of readings with all my new parts.

I contacted Dean at New England Dyno and Tuning in Worcester MA, the site of the last Jerry W. dyno-tune session in May of 2003. Dean's rate is $75 for 3 pulls with A/F, or $100/hr for unlimited pulls. He said he will give a group rate if I can find more Marauderers interested.

If anyone has done any mods they want checked, or has purchased an SCT (or other) tuner and wants to see what kind of improvements they actually got, send me a PM and I'll set something up...the timeframe I'm looking at is the second or third week in June, but that's not cast in stone.

ultravorx
05-17-2004, 07:19 AM
i'de definatly be interested in going, if its during the week, not a problem, saturdays are my only threat, because of 2 jobs i have. Any day but sat and im in!
Frank

RF Overlord
05-25-2004, 12:49 PM
What...that's IT?!...just me and ultravorx? I know for a fact there are at least a couple dozen MMs in New England alone... :alone:

TripleTransAm
05-25-2004, 01:04 PM
No hiding the fact that an SCT Pro Racer's package is in my future... it's just that things are looking somewhat crazy, time-wise, until my move is settled (1st of July). And after that I'll want to start slowly learning the parameters, so it will take time before I will have something worth dyno'ing.

How about making it part of the fall New England get-together?

SergntMac
05-25-2004, 03:56 PM
WOW...That's brainstorming! Throw in a nite of drag racing, you'll have a winner weekend...Nudge...hint...

MM03MOK
05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
WOW...That's brainstorming! Throw in a nite of drag racing, you'll have a winner weekend...Nudge...hint...DONE! ! See the List!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10256

MassMarauder
05-25-2004, 06:26 PM
i'm interested for sure. Need to get my stallion TC installed first.

RF Overlord
05-26-2004, 01:26 PM
...the timeframe I'm looking at is the second or third week in June, but that's not cast in stone.

Like I said, it's not cast in stone...if a New England Fall Foliage meet can be cobbled together, I can certainly wait for that...especially if my very good buddy /Steve can make it and he'll let me play with his Auto-Tap...

Throw in a nite of drag racing, New England Dragway (http://www.newenglanddragway.com)...E pping NH...just an hour north of Boston

PhkinQk
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Getting stage one, exhaust and driveshaft done today.....might be a good idea to get it all dyno tuned.

When you thinking of going it's not close for me......'bout 155 miles.

What...that's IT?!...just me and ultravorx? I know for a fact there are at least a couple dozen MMs in New England alone... :alone:

Haggis
05-27-2004, 06:31 AM
No hiding the fact that an SCT Pro Racer's package is in my future... it's just that things are looking somewhat crazy, time-wise, until my move is settled (1st of July). And after that I'll want to start slowly learning the parameters, so it will take time before I will have something worth dyno'ing.

...and throw in a Celtic Festival. What goes better with fast cars then HOT skirts.

PhkinQk
05-27-2004, 07:36 AM
I hope we're talking about women in skirts though, lol.

...and throw in a Celtic Festival. What goes better with fast cars then HOT skirts.

Go Mifuni
05-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Count me in for anything! :banana2:

Dan
05-27-2004, 09:35 PM
I am looking for a volunteer or two or three to help set up a meet in New England, in October, during the peak of the foliage season.

I have some ideas although most are not set in stone. One is killer and if we could work it out it would be the talk of MM owners all over the USA.

What I would like to do is to put something complete together and then present it to the MM community for their enjoyment.

If you are within driving distance of Springfield, MA and wish to participate in planning this event please let me know. We might need to meet a couple of times but the rest can be done over the phone.

Feel free to post here if you wish to join up to help out.

Best,

Dan

MM03
05-28-2004, 06:08 AM
I have some new mods since the last tune. I'd be in for a dyno day.Are you thinking of just testing or trying to get tuning also?

RF Overlord
05-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Are you thinking of just testing or trying to get tuning also?

I believe now that he's affiliated with Superchips, Jerry's tuning schedule is much more limited. Since he'll be at Indy in July, I don't think he'll want to come back to the Northeast in the Fall...although there are 3 SCT dealers in New England with chassis dynos...in CT, RI, and NH. Once (and IF) the location is more defined, perhaps something can be set up with one of them.

PhkinQk
05-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Well if you pick the SCT dyno guy in CT count me 100% in for a dyno and tune maybe a few beers as well.........:up:

3 SCT dealers in New England with chassis dynos...in CT, RI, and NH. Once (and IF) the location is more defined, perhaps something can be set up with one of them.

Dan
05-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I guess I thought that at least one person in New England would volunteer to help out (other than MOK - Thanks, Mary).

I won't draw conlusions because I don't know how many MM owners we have up here or how busy schedules are. I just figured we could get something going up here in New Englad.

Best,

Dan

TripleTransAm
05-30-2004, 06:33 PM
I'd love to help but...

1) I don't live in New England.
2) As some of you have heard through PMs, right now my life schedule has me booking appointments to breathe. I suspect my month of July might be a tremendous slowdown, but then again I've never moved into a new home before (my current home was 13 years old when I moved in, six years ago).
3) Once I've finished coordinating moving 2700 sq. ft. of accumulated crap over the years into 2930 sq. ft. of new immoveable, I'll be able to get back to enjoying the finer things in life, such as MM.net get-togethers. Major setbacks at work notwithstanding, I will be at the fall meet.

RF Overlord
05-31-2004, 06:06 AM
I just figured we could get something going up here in New England.

Dan, we seem to have two threads going for the same purpose...see my post called "New England Dyno Day"...I'm trying to gauge how many people would be interested at all, to see if it's worth pursuing...it seemed to morph into a Fall Foliage meet with some drag racing thrown in, and now it's starting to look promising with Mac and TooManyTransAms responding in the positive (among others)...mabye I should ask Logan if he can combine these two threads...?

Dan
05-31-2004, 09:36 AM
I just sent you a PM. Let's talk and take it from there.

Best,

Dan

PhkinQk
06-05-2004, 06:36 AM
If it's an SCT tuner dealer, you can def count me in....and if we can do it in CT I can guarantee at least one more car, maybe two....my marauder and my cousins 00 Vette are a definite. I am sure this would be successful.

RF Overlord PM me if you need help setting this up......Rob

Dan, we seem to have two threads going for the same purpose...see my post called "New England Dyno Day"...I'm trying to gauge how many people would be interested at all, to see if it's worth pursuing...it seemed to morph into a Fall Foliage meet with some drag racing thrown in, and now it's starting to look promising with Mac and TooManyTransAms responding in the positive (among others)...mabye I should ask Logan if he can combine these two threads...?

MarauderMark
06-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Maybe me and peg can try to make this meet as well.wee will keep watching this thread so as of now please count us in.... :)

jgc61sr2002
06-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Bob - Please let us know when you have a firm date. Thanks. :up:

CRUZTAKER
06-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Bob - Please let us know when you have a firm date. Thanks. :up:
Ditto...Please PM Jessica and I when the date is announced.