PDA

View Full Version : CT Detailers?

Dan
05-29-2004, 01:00 PM
I am looking for a good detailer to do my car. Do any of the CT/MA/eastern NY guys here have someone they use that they are happy with?

I am looking for a real thorough and quality job so I am willing to travel within 75 miles of Hartford, CT if someone has a person that they really do trust.

Best,

Dan

BillyGman
05-29-2004, 05:29 PM
I've often had the same question in mind. So all as I can say is, that if at any time it would include buffing the paint, I'd think that a body shop would be the best for that since they also paint cars and should know the do's and don't for that.

But I too have wondered who's good to go to for these things. Anyone?

Sactown
05-30-2004, 06:56 AM
I've often had the same question in mind. So all as I can say is, that if at any time it would include buffing the paint, I'd think that a body shop would be the best for that since they also paint cars and should know the do's and don't for that.

But I too have wondered who's good to go to for these things. Anyone?

In a previous life during college, I worked in a dealership body shop as a detailer and was confronted by the painters during break. They all but threatened me to stop doing such a good job on the non painted areas of the completed cars. Apparently I was making their work look bad. I have heard this kind of stuff from other people in the trade, though I am no longer involved in it. The pay is horrible and if you are good you are better off somewhere else. Stick with a real detailer who has good references. That is where the talent is IMHO. Though off topic, I was shocked to see how many new (unsold) cars we worked on. Shipping damage, vandalism and careless salespeople. John Q public has no clue and they are still sold as new...legally from what I hear.

BillyGman
05-30-2004, 11:34 AM
HMMM, interesting......